• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2019

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brumbies have signed Tom Wright from Manly. Manly Sea Eagles that is, not the Marlins.

From the Sea Eagles site:

A former Australian Schoolboy rugby star, Tom is a player with plenty of electrifying speed and skills who can play full-back, wing, centre and five-eighth. He was one of the shining lights in Manly winning the Holden Cup Premiership in 2017. Injuries have hampered his run at the Sea Eagles but he is one of the most elusive young players in the game. Off the field, Tom enjoys listening to songs from Chris Brown. He also is a big fan of actor Will Ferrell and lists Stepbrothers as his favourite movie.

Most of his league highlights seem to be show and goes. He has some speed

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tom Wright with his first <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#NRL</a> try!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRLDragonsManly?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#NRLDragonsManly</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WeAreManly?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#WeAreManly</a> <a href="https://t.co/VfVgRGV2nc">pic.twitter.com/VfVgRGV2nc</a></p>&mdash; Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (@SeaEagles) <a href="">June 16, 2018</a></blockquote>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yep remember Tom Wright from his joey days - the one that got away..top signing for a position lack depth in oz rugby re: 10....

Love to see getting back players from league - and I also see league would have expanded his skills /repertoire so be interesting player to watch next season.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gees you guys sign Slipper you have a superb squad for next year....as lot of signings to like...been good off season for recruitment.

Wonder how the Brumbies have done so well recruiting all the talent they have.....I mean they do have a good record of developing players but just saying....

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
If Slipper signs I'd say the Brumbies would have the strongest squad of all the Australian teams (a close second is the Rebels if they get Quade). As well as a stronger, more cohesive Waratahs and Reds sides.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Really liking the squad the brumbies are putting together, I lot of pace on the outside to match a very solid pack and a great backrow. If the work on moving that pocock turnover ball out to the fast men as quickly as possible they'll really burn a few teams on the counter

B

Bobby Sands

I had not heard of Tom Wright until 30 minutes ago, but I am excited he is back in rugby.

Good size, and the ability to ball-play and attack the line as a ball-runner (not just a running 10) is rare. Hopefully, the league experiment has improved him as an athlete. Good signing.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I once went on a rugby camp to the same location as Tom Wright and I'll tell you what, he is a confident chap. You walk in the same room and it's like his dick's been their for 10 minutes. A good sort of arrogance.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So whens Turbo Tom join us any chance for the NRC vikings ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I once went on a rugby camp to the same location as Tom Wright and I'll tell you what, he is a confident chap. You walk in the same room and it's like his dick's been their for 10 minutes. A good sort of arrogance.
Unless you feel that with ya missus thats probably not good

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Here's hoping to a second Giteau!

I'm still not sure that letting guys like Mayhew and Dargaville go was good business, but the recruiting being done by Damien Hill is tremendous and I'm excited to see how it all goes next season.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Lots of competition for the 12 jersey next year. JJH tearing it up in the NRC (though there are always issues with using that comp as a benchmark), Simone with all the potential in the world, and Wright with all the hype behind him.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Dutton in the Crimes reporting that the Brumbies are "on the verge of finalising a deal to sign out-of-favour former Queensland skipper James Slipper, with the Walabies veteran desparete to resurrect his career in Canberra."

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Nice depth option - but Slipper shoulnd't be riding the pine in Canberra. He should be starting # 1 in Melbourne.

Reactions: dru

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nice depth option - but Slipper shoulnd't be riding the pine in Canberra. He should be starting # 1 in Melbourne.

I wrote this earlier, but with their injury history it might be the best thing for Australian rugby for Sio and Slipper to share the workload in one team............

And for the other 20 props at the Rebels to get some game time.