• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
I haven't seen any footage of Kuenzie this year but found it interesting that the Brumbies allowed him to play Club Rugby in Sydney rather than Canberra. White brought in a policy years old that everyone had to play out of a Canberra Club.

For this reason I thought Kuenzie was on the way out??

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I haven't seen any footage of Kuenzie this year but found it interesting that the Brumbies allowed him to play Club Rugby in Sydney rather than Canberra. White brought in a policy years old that everyone had to play out of a Canberra Club.

For this reason I thought Kuenzie was on the way out??

He's part of the wider training squad, which might allow for him more flexibility to play club rugby in Sydney.........

I imagine if/when he's promoted to the full time squad he'll be playing club rugby in Canberra.

S

Show-n-go

Probably better for his development during his formative years that he is getting solid game time in Shute as opposed to Dent seeing he isn’t training full time with Brumbies

Also good he is close to home while transistioning into a pro footy player at a young age. Gets a bit more support and finds his feet as an adult before committing to a move in Canberra

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's hard to build comradery if you aren't actually playing with the team, but I'm sure he's been involved in training with the group and the ARU centralised training for Super players, so the coaches will have a good idea of his ability. He's still the most likely guy to start for us at 10 next year.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
It's hard to build comradery if you aren't actually playing with the team, but I'm sure he's been involved in training with the group and the ARU centralised training for Super players, so the coaches will have a good idea of his ability. He's still the most likely guy to start for us at 10 next year.

Have you seen any of his play?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Haven't been watching as much since De Wet Roos stopped starting, haha. But he's started for most of the season, and was particularly good against Manly and Randwick early in the season. He has the technical and physical skills, he just needs to experience of regular play. I wish we had found an opportunity to blood him between Nic White and Andrew Smith, calm heads around would only have helped him.

Rugby Supporter 14

Stan Wickham (3)
Hi Wally Way, I hear from my sources in the Brumbies he is about 4 on the list to play 10, 1. Noah, 2. Pasito 3.they where saying there is some else before him, can't remember his name and then 4.
Kuenzie,
the Brumbies are looking in to bringing in an experience established 10 from outside for 1-2 years.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hi Wally Way, I hear from my sources in the Brumbies he is about 4 on the list to play 10, 1. Noah, 2. Pasito 3.they where saying there is some else before him, can't remember his name and then 4.
Kuenzie,
the Brumbies are looking in to bringing in an experience established 10 from outside for 1-2 years.

That would be different from what Laurie Fisher posted on twitter, he said they were looking internally for the next 10. Although he could be lieing.. hat and hair like that can you really trust him..

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Kuenzie,

McGahan is free.

Ted McMahon

Stan Wickham (3)
9 - Powell
10 - Kuenzle
11 - Wright / Pulu
12 - Simone
13 - Kuridrani
14 - Muirhead
15 - Banks

21 - Lonergan
22 - Lolesio
23 - Ikitau - staying? / Pulu / Wright

This bench players may find their way to the starting team as the season progresses depending on form. Forget Pasitoa. Hasn't proved himself.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
9 - Powell
10 - Kuenzle
11 - Wright / Pulu
12 - Simone
13 - Kuridrani
14 - Muirhead
15 - Banks

21 - Lonergan
22 - Lolesio
23 - Ikitau - staying? / Pulu / Wright

This bench players may find their way to the starting team as the season progresses depending on form Forget Pasitoa. Hasn't proved himself.
Thanks you will find that it will be
11. Pulu
14. Wright, as that was what it looked like by the end of the season.

Ted McMahon

Stan Wickham (3)
The reason for Wright at 11 is that he is a former 10 who can control and open the game on the left and better passing game on his right.

Thoughts on Muirhead?

Ted McMahon

Stan Wickham (3)
What's Hamish Stewart up to? A bit quiet in the second half of this reason for the Reds. Rather Stewart over McGahan any day. Stewart at 10, 12 or 15. I would be looking at the young 18 year old signed with the Reds. Oz schoolboys 10 last year. Gordon I think?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
What's Hamish Stewart up to? A bit quiet in the second half of this reason for the Reds. Rather Stewart over McGahan any day. Stewart at 10, 12 or 15. I would be looking at the young 18 year old signed with the Reds. Oz schoolboys 10 last year. Gordon I think?

I'd actually be very interested to see if the Brumbies coaching set up could do something with Hamish that the Reds couldn't. He is an awesome rugby player, but has not yet, imo, shined at 10.