• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
^^ Wouldn't it just be easier to say that if that were the case

"Player x has been released early to take up a contract with club x"

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
^^ Wouldn't it just be easier to say that if that were the case

"Player x has been released early to take up a contract with club x"

But then they get accused of being inconsistent when someone else asks to be released for that reason and they say no.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
But then they get accused of being inconsistent when someone else asks to be released for that reason and they say no.

sure, but you cant assume people are idiots, players talk amongst each other and they would be tracking whats happened and aware Blake signed with the Tigers even before it was announced. In my work we always aim to control the narrative, even if its going to reflect poorly its important to control it to mitigate any further fallout. I think in this circumstance they have lost control.

I maintain, the need to earn more money(no pay cut) is a genuine reason for compassionate release depending on circumstances, if the Brumbies have called it a compassionate release simply as a means to avoid other players asking for a release, then it was a poor move.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
If we’re all making assumptions here, mine is that the Brumbies are an extremely tight unit, and in all likelihood Blake would’ve informed his team mates himself.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
So like...the fuck we gonna do about this scrum and lineout then? Not sure what happened while the brums were on COVID break but something's seriously broken based on the last couple of games.

Did Dan Palmer stay on as scrum coach with all of the pay reductions?

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
Any update yet on Lolesio's injury?

If he's out, Kuenzle did well enough to start in his absence, but I'm desperately hoping they give Hanson plenty of time at 10 off the bench. He's definitely the most gifted ball runner of the lot, and plenty of experience playing 10 at club level.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
How has Powell been tracking since the season resumption? I know people were asking for a big season as he is now mid 20's and had about 30-40 caps + Wallabies time.

I'm a really big fine of Issak Fines due to seeing him play both at school and at first grade level in Brisbane. He has a nice sharp pass, is willing to run with the ball and can offer great support play. Honestly I was expecting him to push through a bit earlier but was stuck behind a few blokes in Brisbane at the time. After his time at the Force and now at the Brumbies set up, I can see him being a great number two for Canberra.

I can definitely see one of the 4 9's in Canberra coming to Queensland next season as I'm assuming Scott Malolua is not eligble to play again after representing Samoa.

B

Bobby Sands

How has Powell been tracking since the season resumption? I know people were asking for a big season as he is now mid 20's and had about 30-40 caps + Wallabies time.

I'm a really big fine of Issak Fines due to seeing him play both at school and at first grade level in Brisbane. He has a nice sharp pass, is willing to run with the ball and can offer great support play. Honestly I was expecting him to push through a bit earlier but was stuck behind a few blokes in Brisbane at the time. After his time at the Force and now at the Brumbies set up, I can see him being a great number two for Canberra.

I can definitely see one of the 4 9's in Canberra coming to Queensland next season as I'm assuming Scott Malolua is not eligble to play again after representing Samoa.

Maloula & Sorovi will be moved on, but Kalani Thomas is already in the squad and is super-highly rated.

We will need at least one more experienced bloke though, 100% - would love it to be Fines.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Maloula & Sorovi will be moved on, but Kalani Thomas is already in the squad and is super-highly rated.

We will need at least one more experienced bloke though, 100% - would love it to be Fines.

It must be tough gig being a 9 in the Brumbies, specially with White coming back, I really rate Lonergan, and saw him passing Powell special with his ability to kick, also liked what I saw from Fines. so many good 9's around the country.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Our most urgent injury recovery right now has to be Caderyn Neville. Scrum woes I think can be traced to a shortage of locks and as well as shoring up the scrum Neville had been playing excellent rugby before his injury.

Anyone have any news?

EDIT: Pretty handy in a linout too.

For sure, I was thinking this, we lack a big old beef cake in our locks.. Neville replaced Arnold and we have missed him