• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Bulls R15 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Rightio.

The Brumbies head to Pretoria to try and repeat their amazing feat of knocking off the Bulls in their own backyard in the semi final last year.

The Brumbies needed to work on a few things during the week after last weeks disappointing loss to the Cheetahs. The scrums were a bit of a lottery last week and the Bulls will be another tough opposition in that area.

Nic White needs to take all the kicks this week as Lealiifano is really struggling. The kicks he missed last week didn't help and put them on the back foot.

A reminder this game is on Saturday morning because of the Presidential inauguration after the recent elections. Why they just don't hold it at half time, I don't know.

Here's the Brumbies side.

1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Leon Power
5. Sam Carter
6. Scott Fardy
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ben Mowen (c)
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Robbie Coleman
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

Replacements
16. Josh Mann-Rea
17. Ruan Smith
18. JP Smith
19. Fotu Auelua
20. Jordan Smiler
21. Conrad Hoffmann
22. Andrew Smith
23. Pat McCabe

Reactions: mst

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm not taking a shot at To'omua or anything, but is there a particular reason why he doesn't kick for goal?

I only inquire because I find it peculiar that he is a very fine kicker in general play, but never gets brought up as a viable goalkicker.

Is he not confident or willing to take the responsibility, does he shank it off the tee or?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm not taking a shot at To'omua or anything, but is there a particular reason why he doesn't kick for goal?

I only inquire because I find it peculiar that he is a very fine kicker in general play, but never gets brought up as a viable goalkicker.

Is he not confident or willing to take the responsibility, does he shank it off the tee or?
Yeah and Mogg... I'm guessing not a great kicker

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
On the game, like the look of that forward pack with Power's inclusion and Fardy's move to 6 - should give the Bulls some hell at breakdowns against their lumbering lock-cum-flankers Hattingh and du Plessis.

Brumbies should win this but the Bulls will be livid after being pipped to the post after the semi final. Pretoria is never an easy place to win, but Brumbies by 2.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The game will entirely ride on how good or bad the Bulls makeshift back row play at the breakdown.

Bulls last two rounds have been the best rugby they played all season when young Pollard started at 10 but they have gone for JLP again at 10 who was good at start of the season.

Going to be a good game.

Blou Bulle by 7. My mom says so and she is going to be at the game.

My mom is always right.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Brumbies should win this ............

Brums should have won vs the Cheetahs, we all saw what happened.
Hope the Brums turn up to play, and don't get too many penalties against.
Kicking (well) may well be the key in this match.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ok I've got a new game plan .. pass the ball to Speight fend step then bump to players over

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bulls 4th try Brumbies will be glad to get back home. Could cost us the top spot..

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I dont know where to start on that one.

The handling was poor as was the ill discipline. Everyone knows you can't give the Bulls kickers penalties within 50 metres or their score will go up in 3s.

Henry Speight was the only shining light and a few are lucky the Wallabies squad has already been announced.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

The handling was poor as was the ill discipline. Everyone knows you can't give the Bulls kickers penalties within 50 metres or their score will go up in 3s.

Henry Speight was the only shining light and a few are lucky the Wallabies squad has already been announced.
Couldn't agree more.. although I only seen the second half I thought this.. Carter still got through so much work. Lealifanio was good when we spread it.. McCabe needs to be on the field...

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
NicWhite just gave Ewen the perfect excuse to pick Genia or even Phipps

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fuck the Bulls are a different beast at home eh what?

This is the part of Jakeball that I thought Larkham and Fisher would have hammered out of the Brumbies by now. I woke up this morning and checked the score readout for the home side, and it was basically Try, Pen, Pen, Pen, Pen etc

Really not smart play by the Ponies overall - the lesson from the last two years should be that cynical rugby DID improve their results, and get them to a final, but they got beaten by a team with a more comprehensive skill set and game plan.

And in that finals series, they were never comprehensive victors over the Chiefs and Bulls, though victory in Pretoria is rare and to be treasured.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Physically dominated. Brumbies season is in a big hole will more than likely find themselves outside the 6 after the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.