• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Crusaders 7.45pm Friday 13th Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If this game hasn't got makings of game of the round I got no idea which one will. I at this stage not picking anyone, much will depend on how many Crusaders players are crocked with the covid in team, but even a full strength team I not too sure thay will win. I think the Brumbies are also a very good team without a lot of weaknesses, and well suited to playing the physical game that can stuff uo any NZ team.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Should be the game of the season so far. Home ground advantage is worth something.
Interesting watching the Breakdown, they seem to think the Brumbies will go alright, Wheeler and Wilson were saying how it's a hard place to play in Canberra anyway, and all raving about Brumbies.

Now I never been to Canberra, but when Southern boys say Canberra is hard to play at and mention the cold temps it must be chilly.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Probably won't be too cold on Friday, forecast is for a high of 19 and a low of 11. Might be a bit wet though

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I can tell you , there seems a fair bit of excitement about the Brumbies over here, almost everyone thinks their style of play is what you want to beat anyone, and seems a few can see the core of Wallabies coming from them.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Perceptive people those New Zealanders! (irony).

Clearly is the game of the round, could be the game of the regular season. Surprised there's not more heat on this thread. I'm getting increasingly confident about the Brumbies play, particularly their style, which is almost test rugby rather than Super. In the last 5 years I would have always picked the Crusaders to win this but with the Crusaders form on the wane and the Brumbies on the up I'll pick the Brumbies to win. I'll wait to see if there are any injuries in the teams but right now I'm feeling really positive for them.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Torn over who to root for in this one.

Obviously, any hastening of the Cantabs Death Star collapsing is a giddying prospect.....

But then, the Brumbies seem to be putting their own Death Star back together again too.....

TL/DR: #When_Death_Stars_Collide

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
brumcantabs.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Some comings & goings in CruSadists camp: Taylor back from paternity leave, ScoBar from suspension, Goodhue & Reece from being rested; Sione Havili has returned to NZ for scans; and Oli Jager, Mitch Drummond, Zach Gallagher & Dom Gardiner have stayed in Perth to see out their Covid isolation. Assistant Coach Hansen says there may be some more arrivals & departures during the week.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Basically unless they get caught with a few more case of covid (entirely possible) you would think aprt from Drummond Crusaders will be close to top line up.
So got the makings of a good one.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
CruSadists: Will Jordan, Sevu Reece, Jack Goodhue, David Havili, George Bridge, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Cullen Grace, Ethan Blackadder, Pablo Matera, Sam Whitelock, Scott Barrett (c), Fletcher Newell, Codie Taylor, George Bower. Reserves: Ricky Jackson, Finlay Brewis, Tamaiti Williams, Liam Hallam-Eames, Tom Christie, Te Toiroa Tahuiorangi, Braydon Ennor, Leicester Fainga'anuku

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Lachlan Lonergan, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Caderyn Neville, Tom Hooper, Jahrome Brown, Pete Samu, Nic White, Rod Iona, Andy Muirhead, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Tom Wright, Tom Banks

RESERVES: Folau Fainga'a, Scott Sio, Tom Ross, Nick Frost, Luke Reimer, Rory Scott, Ryan Lonergan, Ollie Sapsford.

Status
Not open for further replies.