• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Highlanders Friday 24 April GIO Stadium Canberra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bam Bam hat trick off the back of yet another Ponies rolling maul.

Lilo adds the extras. Ponies 31 - Clan 6.

5 minutes to go to oranges.

Could get very ugly for the Clan if they do not extract a digit from their rectum and start to play some tough rugby.

The "camo" orange jumper from the Referee seems to be a little OTT.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The maul is destroying the Clan, but the Brumbies are joining it in front of Pocock every time - I'm not sure that's on. It seems to be an accepted thing these days (they are by no means the only offenders!), but it's obstruction if they join in front, no?

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
To be fair, the brumbies forwards earned all three together. And a couple of backs.

Yeah, that sort of defense deserves tries put on them. Man of the half David Pocock followed closely by O'Brien.

We are sorely missing B.Smith and Fekitoa.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The maul is destroying the Clan, but the Brumbies are joining it in front of Pocock every time - I'm not sure that's on. It seems to be an accepted thing these days (they are by no means the only offenders!), but it's obstruction if they join in front, no?
I think so, but referees seem to be so focused on trying to work out which prop has dropped a bind or whatever penalty the chocolate wheel dishes up at scrum time, that they ignore all sorts of practices that are against the Laws of the Game such as:
  • obstructions at rolling maul,
  • not straight feeds to the scrum,
  • hookers with their feet in the field of play when they throw the ball in at lineouts,
  • PK's not being taken from behind the mark when the kicker goes for touch, etc.

G

galumay

Well thats the icing on the birthday cake, first time Poey has a try for the brumbies and he runs in 3 in the first half!

Long way back for the Otago boys from here, but they are capable of it.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Those 3 Landers forwards who got benched at the 35th minute mark didn't look happy. Can't blame Jamie, they were getting carved up in the middle.

10-13 for Landers are defending poorly.

Brumbies doing the simple things well.

Ref doing a very good job.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Landers are in trouble. There's a stronger front row on the bench for the brumbies, plus the best lock and the most consistent back rower. That is, the best 15 have yet to take the field for the brumbies.

Josh123

Bob McCowan (2)
I think so, but referees seem to be so focused on trying to work out which prop has dropped a bind or whatever penalty the chocolate wheel dishes up at scrum time, that they ignore all sorts of practices that are against the Laws of the Game, like obstructions at rolling maul, not straight feeds to the scrum, hookers with their feet in the field of play when they throw the ball in at lineouts, PK's not being taken from behind the mark when the kicker goes for touch, etc.

As well as going off your feet at rucks, holding onto players off the ball, and not coming in behind the last mans feet. If refs pinged every penalty they saw, it would make a bloody boring game

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think so, but referees seem to be so focused on trying to work out which prop has dropped a bind or whatever penalty the chocolate wheel dishes up at scrum time, that they ignore all sorts of practices that are against the Laws of the Game such as:
  • obstructions at rolling maul,
  • not straight feeds to the scrum,
  • hookers with their feet in the field of play when they throw the ball in at lineouts,
  • PK's not being taken from behind the mark when the kicker goes for touch, etc.
Yeah it just looked odd. I accept it's a widespread practice, but it seemed just not quite right.
Nonetheless, the Brumbies maul is devastating at the moment - Clan seem to have no means to stop it or drop it.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Otago rest the 2 Smiths and Fekitoa, Sopaaga needed to step up, he's tried too hard and shat the bed. Well, if not shat the bed then he's sharted out some sketchy little skidmarks.

Horrid display from the Otago forwards

holy shit.

Hames, Coltman and other get the hook at 35 mins. Joseph must be SPEWIN. I cannot recall the last time I saw such an early public shaming. If Coltman makes the AB's ahead of Hika Elliot as 3rd hooker then its official; Hika Elliot is a patched up member of the Mongrel Mob, Black Power and the Hamilton chapter of the KKK.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wouldn't think that there is an injury crisis at the Ponies.

The Clan have not taken any advantage of the "crisis" in Ponyland, and have played rather ordinary footy.

It is almost as if they thought they just had to turn up at the Canberra Stadium to win, with the main reason for the journey being to do some cool ANZAC stuff in Canberra, and to stock up on Duty Free grog.

Status
Not open for further replies.