• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Highlanders - Sunday 14/5

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surprised there's no Match thread already...

Highlanders: 1-Daniel Lienert-Brown, 2-Andrew Makalio, 3-Saula Ma'u, 4-Shannon Frizell, 5-Josh Dickson, 6-James Lentjes, 7-Billy Harmon, 8-Hugh Renton, 9-Folau Fakatava, 10-Freddie Burns, 11-Jona Nareki, 12-Thomas Umaga-Jensen, 13-Fetuli Paea, 14-Scott Gregory, 15-Connor Garden-Bachop. Reserves: 16-Rhys Marshall, 17-Ayden Johnstone, 18-Jermaine Ainsley, 19-Marino Mikaele-Tu'u, 20-Sean Withy, 21-James Arscott, 22-Mitch Hunt, 23-Jonah Lowe.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Lachlan Lonergan, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Nick Frost, Rob Valetini, Jahrome Brown, Pete Samu, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Corey Toole, Ollie Sapsford, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Wright

RESERVES: Connal McInerney, Blake Schoupp, Rhys Van Nek, Tom Hooper, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Jack Debreczeni, Hudson Creighton

HIGHLANDERS (1-15): Daniel Lienert-Brown, Andrew Makalio, Saula Ma’u, Shannon Frizell, Josh Dickson, James Lentjes, Billy Harmon (c), Hugh Renton, Folau Fakatava, Freddie Burns, Jona Nareki, Thomas Umaga-Jensen, Fetuli Paea, Scott Gregory, Connor Garden-Bachop,

RESERVES: Rhys Marshall, Ayden Johnstone, Jermaine Ainsley, Marino Mikaele-Tu'u, Sean Withy, James Arscott, Mitch Hunt, Jonah Lowe

Referee: Graham Cooper

Assistant Referees: Angus Gardner, Reuben Keane

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tui did miss a couple of tackles last week. I wonder if he's been dropped or if he's injured or is it just rotation?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yes, looking at that Bumbreeze lineup this has got 50-pt hiding written all over it.

Although weirdly I think the Landers may have won 5 of the last 6?

Surprised there's no Match thread already...
Very odd how match threads for Australia's greatest team are so poorly attended.

This one will peter out towards the end of page 3 like all their other match day threads.....

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Got makings of a long day at office for the Clan, 1 lock etc isn't going to ge well against a pretty good Bumbies team.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Thank goodness for a few of our NZ posters. It would be very barren otherwise.

I have just about given up on the game threads because of the lack of (even begrudgingly) support from Aussie posters who support other sides. Not even support for another Aussie side, but in many cases absolute vitriol.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
BR, you’re the king of jumping at perceived slights when there just isn’t any. Do we fellow Australian fans like seeing the Brumbies lose against another Australian franchise? Absolutely. Because you guys at the best and everyone loves the underdog victory. Look at how NZ teams view Canterbury. I see it as a mark of respect. But are we cheering for the Brumbies against a NZ team? Every fucking day of the week and twice on Sundays. I hope you torch the Highlanders, and if the Reds can’t win this comp (which let’s face it will take nothing short of an act of god) I hope the Brumbies win the whole thing.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
1684037753359.png