• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Hurricanes QF - Friday 21 July - 7:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DE-4aEIVoAANxM9.jpg:large

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Hurricanes: 15 Nehe Milner-Skudder, 14 Wes Goosen, 13 Jordie Barrett, 12 Ngani Laumape, 11 Julian Savea,10 Beauden Barrett, 9 TJ Perenara (c), 8 Brad Shields, 7 Ardie Savea, 6 Vaea Fifita, 5 Sam Lousi, 4 Mark Abbott, 3 Jeff To’omaga-Allen, 2 Ricky Riccitelli, 1 Ben May

Reserves: 16 Dane Coles, 17 Chris Eves, 18 Loni Uhila, 19 Reed Prinsep, 20 Callum Gibbins, 21 Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, 22 Otere Black, 23 Cory Jane

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hurricanes: 15 Nehe Milner-Skudder, 14 Wes Goosen, 13 Jordie Barrett, 12 Ngani Laumape, 11 Julian Savea,10 Beauden Barrett, 9 TJ Perenara (c), 8 Brad Shields, 7 Ardie Savea, 6 Vaea Fifita, 5 Sam Lousi, 4 Mark Abbott, 3 Jeff To’omaga-Allen, 2 Ricky Riccitelli, 1 Ben May

Reserves: 16 Dane Coles, 17 Chris Eves, 18 Loni Uhila, 19 Reed Prinsep, 20 Callum Gibbins, 21 Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, 22 Otere Black, 23 Cory Jane

Looks weak.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I don't mean to be negative but I just don't see how the Brumbies get up in this one. Canes got too much talent and they just have a very well rounded game that will deliver. They will need to have an absolute shocker for the Brumbies to be in with a chance.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The apathy surrounding this match here is mind blowing. Cmon people, get behind them.

You don't want them.
The Brumbies have always thrived on the us and them mentality created by McQueen recruiting blokes the reds and tahs didn't want and then rubbing their noses in it.
My thinking is there's no way the Brumbies can win but 2 things give me some (uncharacteristic) optimism: they love being the under dog (see last week's effort; Lilo - if his story doesn't inspire you to your best nothing will

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I
You don't want them.
The Brumbies have always thrived on the us and them mentality created by McQueen recruiting blokes the reds and tahs didn't want and then rubbing their noses in it.
My thinking is there's no way the Brumbies can win but 2 things give me some (uncharacteristic) optimism: they love being the under dog (see last week's effort; Lilo - if his story doesn't inspire you to your best nothing will
Just stirring the pot as usual IS. Had to get something going somehow. Brums by 50 (channelling Paarlbok)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think it will be close'ish (12 points?)

The ponies play tight, compete and defend well

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Best attacking team v best defensive team..........

However, the Canes defence would be far better than the Brumbies attack.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Probably were. We kept getting that old chestnut "for the good of Australian rugby, everyone should get behind the Tahs". :)

My recollection was that most fans were behind the Tahs - once they were in the final. So I dug out the old thread from 2014, and yes, they were. But nobody was saying the latter bit. ;) Reading the Tahs v Brumbies semi-final thread was also interesting. The forum was a somewhat more upbeat place back then, from many points of view.
I'll be hoping the Brumbies win, but the Canes are freaks and scare me. Gonna be tough, but defence could be a good leveller.

Status
Not open for further replies.