• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Hurricanes QF - Friday 21 July - 7:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Yep Moono, I think it part of enjoying the game,finish off with a bit of kicking with wrong foot etc, and even in 2nd Lion's test Jordie had ball at halftime, as he walked off he turned and did a dropkick from the halfway, it went over, I really think most of the players in NZ really have fun playing, it not perhaps just their job? I always say a case in point of Dan Carter converting the last try in 2015 WC final with his right foot, said he always wanted to do it in a test, and it all part of the fun.

I agree, Oz rugby needs to be less of a job and more passion and enjoyment for the game. NZ seems to have struck the right balance.

That said I things the Canes will win by 25 tonight but that's OK because they are bloody entertaining and there's a Wellington connection in the family. Time to crack a few Garage Project brews.

Let's start already!!!

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
For starters:

Why is a referee the quality of Glen Jackson being given a final?

Secondly, why is a New Zealand ref officiating a Playoff game between a New Zealand side and a non-New Zealand side?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Loose work at a Line out overthrow by Canes (following a penalty Fardy not releasing). The canes dont need those gifts to win.

joeyjohnz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Inside the 10 before the ball left hookers hands?

Goosen was literally 10m off side. If you’re not part of the lineout, you can’t advance until the ball is past the 15m line (when the lineout is over) and he’s probably where the halfback should be.
Absolutely appaling refereeing.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Noticing with these kick-offs - a lot of players in the air but very few really trying to play the ball. Jumping and waving arms at it / colliding with other players. Messy. Lottery.

Reactions: dru

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Goosen was literally 10m off side. If you’re not part of the lineout, you can’t advance until the ball is past the 15m line (when the lineout is over) and he’s probably where the halfback should be.
Absolutely appaling refereeing.
Surely off-side

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Canes maul defence is atrocious. Ricittelli should have been carded from the first one, he just straight up dived to the bottom and tackled the legs.

Get Dane Coles on.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Benefit of having 57 cameras at the ground! Incredible that one got that. All you need!

Reactions: dru
Status
Not open for further replies.