• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Rebels Friday 2 June 7.35pm

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I bet Frost panicked when he felt his knee go awkwardly thinking it's serious and his season over which is why he stayed down ages but when he actually tested it, found it still works. I've done something similar.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Most users in this thread aren’t rebels fans, just not Brumbies fans and show me where White tried to clear out legally from the gate?

He's chasing an isolated player in after a linebreak, every player in the comp would fly in from a dodgy angle there and hope to get away with it (alternative is Valetini getting pinged for hanging on). I was more taking issue with the suggestion he'd hit him deliberately.

Carter Gordon looks busted, hopefully a couple of weeks off freshens him up. Definitely had a poor second half after starting well. Like the look of Canham, hopefully Rebels are hanging onto him? Not too many other shining lights outside of their consistent backrowers.

Brums usual suspects (Valetini, White and Ikitau) stood up with good contributions from Sapsford, Brown and Hooper. They'll need to be a lot better next week though - if their lineout continues to malfunction they're finished.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
As a real neutral, I have to say I was really enjoying that (until I had to go out and pick someone up :mad: ) but I thought White was maybe a little fortunate he didn't get sanctioned for hitting (Kellaway) in back of ruck, seemed to just dive in with shoulder , not saying what it should of been but looked a little rough to me. In general Brumbies were looking pretty good, and Rbels were not too bad either I thought. I still amazed they haven't made top 8, as a kiwi, I reckon they look consistently better than a few teams above them on the table incuding the Highlanders, probably Reds etc too.
Guess it shows what I know:rolleyes::p

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
He's chasing an isolated player in after a linebreak, every player in the comp would fly in from a dodgy angle there and hope to get away with it (alternative is Valetini getting pinged for hanging on). I was more taking issue with the suggestion he'd hit him deliberately.

Carter Gordon looks busted, hopefully a couple of weeks off freshens him up. Definitely had a poor second half after starting well. Like the look of Canham, hopefully Rebels are hanging onto him? Not too many other shining lights outside of their consistent backrowers.

Brums usual suspects (Valetini, White and Ikitau) stood up with good contributions from Sapsford, Brown and Hooper. They'll need to be a lot better next week though - if their lineout continues to malfunction they're finished.
So it was deliberate then?

I agree with you most players would do the same. I just think it should have been picked up and a Rebels Penalty for what has been described is a level of reckless contact. God imagine if that was Swinton. He’d get 5 matches.

I like the Brumbies with Brown at 7. Said it all season even though he wasn’t available. He’s the most abrasive of the group and takes some load of Valetini in running as well. Thought it was Hoopers strongest game back as well.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
So it was deliberate then?

I agree with you most players would do the same. I just think it should have been picked up and a Rebels Penalty for what has been described is a level of reckless contact. God imagine if that was Swinton. He’d get 5 matches.

I like the Brumbies with Brown at 7. Said it all season even though he wasn’t available. He’s the most abrasive of the group and takes some load of Valetini in running as well. Thought it was Hoopers strongest game back as well.

You reckon he was trying to hit Kellaway?

Brown is the most rounded of their options at 7 and the most physical. Generally unheralded but very tough and busy.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I’m shocked little been said in Wrights pass. If this was a wallabies game it would be front page news. On reflection the pass has gone, and I’m not joking 5-7m forward. Here is some stills on the pass.

Pass clearly before half way, and received multiple meters over halfway.

Attachments

• IMG_9679.png
    IMG_9679.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_9681.png
    IMG_9681.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_9678.png
    IMG_9678.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9683.png
    IMG_9683.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 102

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
You reckon he was trying to hit Kellaway?

Brown is the most rounded of their options at 7 and the most physical. Generally unheralded but very tough and busy.
Well, he was hitting whoever was going to be in that position and the way he did it was reckless. Not card worthy IMO but a penalty I think. Not saying it’s a dirty act or he deserves to be cited now but it was dismissed too quickly.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I’m shocked little been said in Wrights pass. If this was a wallabies game it would be front page news. On reflection the pass has gone, and I’m not joking 5-7m forward. Here is some stills on the pass.

No, the pass was fine - somebody doesn’t understand physics…

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
No, the pass was fine - somebody doesn’t understand physics…
Lol I don’t think you understand it. I fully get the ball can travel forward but there is some physics rules to this. Happy to educate you on it.

initial movement will be backwards but the speed and the momentum (the player and pass) combined with the weight of the ball will allow the trajectory to travel forward in the same direction the object was initially traveling. Now given the possible speed of the player 25-30km/h and the weight of the ball there is almost 0 chance of a ball travelling the distance it did if we apply technique required as per rugby rules. This isn’t a slight float forward over a line because the players momentum pushed a flat pass 1-1.5m. It’s potentially 3-5x the expected trajectory.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lol I don’t think you understand it. I fully get the ball can travel forward but there is some physics rules to this. Happy to educate you on it.

initial movement will be backwards but the speed and the momentum (the player and pass) combined with the weight of the ball will allow the trajectory to travel forward in the same direction the object was initially traveling. Now given the possible speed of the player 25-30km/h and the weight of the ball there is almost 0 chance of a ball travelling the distance it did if we apply technique required as per rugby rules. This isn’t a slight float forward over a line because the players momentum pushed a flat pass 1-1.5m. It’s potentially 3-5x the expected trajectory.

Uh huh…

The ball was traveling at a speed slower than the player in motion, so yeah… it’s going to finish ahead of the point it was thrown.

Anyways, the ball was thrown backwards out of the hands… play on.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)

Jeez you're real fun at parties. You're trying to ruin a great try for what? To prove your right. It's fucking laughable how this forum complains about how much the referee/TMO are involved in ruining great tries, yet we continue to pull this garbage. The ball was clearly thrown backwards from Wright's hand, if the ball was travelling faster (and lower) it would have been received in Toole's hands earlier (thus a few meters earlier)

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Plus Wright was in front of the ball the entire time the pass was in the air. That shows the ball was not travelling forward faster than the passer was running, which it would have done if passed forward (Momentum plus pass velocity)