• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds Super Rugby round 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

laps

Few funny things I've read here already...

1. CFS is better than Coleman... Lol? Why, because he performed well against some dreadful pacific nations teams and scored a try on debut? Well if we are going to compare players on this, Coleman carved up when in runners, and turned one of the best fullbacks in the world inside out for a try on his first start...
2. Brumbies will be more tired because they played canes and reds played lions - I just lol at this - they are athletes, this will not change anything, plus brumbies fitness has been one of the reasons they are winning.
3. Reds look much more dangerous with Cooper - lol yeh, as shown by the whole 1 try they were able to score against the lions while he was running the show. Cooper stinks really. Yes he is quick, has a good kick, and is one of the most skillfull players in the game, but when his stupid little 50/50 flick passes and chip chases don't work he adds little value to the reds. Sometimes they come off (see Reds Super 2011 season) and sometimes they don't (see Wallabies World Cup campaign).

Also, anyone think Hooper getting off is fishy? I am a brumbies supporter, but his tackle seems about even to what Ioane and Horne got suspended for. Lack of incosistency... Seems maybe someone had a hand in it because of the 'Hooper vs Gill' hype (selections, tick sales, viewing ratings)???

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ok Emu, I let your other post through to the keeper (which happened to be Slim), but lets not heap expectations on CFS. Sure, the kid looks like he will be a good player, but Coleman has been a good performer for the Brumbies for the past couple of seasons.

Let CFS develop in his own time. When he has more experience under his belt, and has fully grown into his body, then we will be able to make a more accurate judgement of him.
If he grows into his body anymore, he'll pop out of it! He's Pocockian in his precociousness.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Hooper has been given an off field yellow card - no suspension so Gill v Hooper is on.​

Good news for the Brumbies obviously, and for those who'll watch the match.
However, it would not have been a disaster if hooper was out. As shown previously this season, when other important players were out, the Brumbies' strenght is in the system of play more than in individual feats. The orchestra plays the same music even when there's new performers on board.

This said, better to have hooper playing than not!

PS: I think it is awesome that both Hooper and QC (Quade Cooper) will play in this match, as I hope Lucas will be fit for it as well.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
RED Baron and here it is.........;)

Cooper has only half a game in him just back form injury. If McKenzie plays him for the full 80 he will risk loosing him for the season... He is made of paper… Jake White will have Fotu Auelua, Vaea and the Fardy running at him all day…

Lucas, the Reds second option at playmaker is questionable in cold weather with a groin strain coming off the freezing canberra bench. So it will be Genia who will be the real difference Saturday night for the Reds. Genia is a massive risk for the Brumbies… and in good form.

However IF Genia- Digby- Coops get their old mojo back they’re a good chance. But it’s unlikely as they’ve not played enough together for a year to find that form against a team with an aggressive defense. If they try to out play the Brumbies they'll make mistakes and loose ball... If the Brumbies contain them, the Brumbies win.... simple :)

As for the player v player, its utter amber gibberish :confused: , the Brumbies have been the form side they’re confident and at home... The Brumbies pack will dismantle the Reds this weekend as it’s their season on the line Saturday night and they want to achieve more

The Reds have played a few good matches… but let in 47 points in 2 weeks…

As Cooper isn’t match fit, either physically or mentally… He will feel the pressure in Canberra just like he did at the RWC. He’ll try and do too much and choke… I look forward to seeing him get pumbled by the Brumbies pack... I can see him on the bottom of a few rucks trying to tweet his Mum...

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
The Brumbies only just acheived a victory over the Hurricanes last weekend - a team coming 2nd last in the NZ chapter, and yet listen to them crow in above posts.
You know the old saying.... rooster one day, feather duster the next

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Funny, I don't remember the brumbies pack dismantling the reds one the first time around?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The Brumbies only just acheived a victory over the Hurricanes last weekend - a team coming 2nd last in the NZ chapter, and yet listen to them crow in above posts.
You know the old saying.... rooster one day, feather duster the next

Ha.

Wait until someone mentions our thrashing at the hands of the 2nd worst team in the comp! Glass houses.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)

If I was to respond in kind, I would point my finger at the Aus Conference table - but then, putting the opposition down before the match betrays lack of confidence in one's own team really.
Words = zero.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Few delusional fans in both camps coming to the party to give everyone a laugh pre-game. Good work fellas.

Très amusant, coming from someone who has posted "...when the Reds win on Saturday...". I want the Brumbies to win on Saturday but I'm not so arrogant as to expect it.

Leave the triumphalism to the mungos game tomorrow night and focus on what should be a cracking game.

BTW, if anyone's coming down from Brisneyland for the game I suggest you dig out your ski jacket - the weather nerds on the ski.com.au forum are getting excited about 20-40cm of snow in the mountains on Friday and Saturday. It's going to be a cold, wet one at Bruce on Saturday night and I'm glad I have undercover seats in the Gregan/Larkham stand.

W

What2040

Wheels due to fall off Brums. Reds will stick it too them early, and at home Brums will shit themselves - Reds forwards will dominate and a pot plant or two will be shown up. Higgers to be immense. Reds backs will shine shine shine on the back of forward dominance. Digby to score 3. Reds know this is a grand final for them to be any chance in the OZ Conference and think the intensity will be high.

Well, thats my wish anyway

Laps, - agree with your points 1 & 2.

In respect of Hooper - don't support the grassy knoll theory but sure is a question over consistency - should have got at least 2-3 weeks.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Très amusant, coming from someone who has posted "...when the Reds win on Saturday...". I want the Brumbies to win on Saturday but I'm not so arrogant as to expect it.

Leave the triumphalism to the mungos game tomorrow night and focus on what should be a cracking game.

BTW, if anyone's coming down from Brisneyland for the game I suggest you dig out your ski jacket - the weather nerds on the ski.com.au forum are getting excited about 20-40cm of snow in the mountains on Friday and Saturday. It's going to be a cold, wet one at Bruce on Saturday night and I'm glad I have undercover seats in the Gregan/Larkham stand.

Nice selective quotation there when I thought it obvious I was taking the piss.

For the record, this will be bloody close and while its obvious I'll be tipping the Reds I am by no means confident.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Nice selective quotation there when I thought it obvious I was taking the piss.

For the record, this will be bloody close and while its obvious I'll be tipping the Reds I am by no means confident.

All quotations are selective.... that is what they are..... all extracts.....

THE BIG question... can the Reds reset to chase their unorthodox flyhalf and win a match away from home...

L

Linebacker_41

WINGERS AND FULLBACKS BEWARE!!!!!!

This game is going to be a great spectacle for those who love kicking. I dont expect either team to run the ball out of their own half particularly with Hooper and Gill lurking.

IMO this game will be won by the goal kickers. Whoever has the best goal kicker on the field for the 2nd half will more likely get the 4 pts. The only BP I can see from this weekend is losing by less than 7.

I know we have seen a large number of tries from both teams in the past few games, however with sheep stations (or more accurately - finals spot) up for grabs the strategies from both teams is going to be conservative, field position orientated game.

I cant see either tight 5 getting dominance. Both packs are very workman like in their own distinct way. Particularly with the Reds lifting the workrate over the past 4 weeks.

Personally I would love to see the Reds bring the Rod McQueen Cup to Brisbane. That would complete the trophy cabinet.

Realistically I would have to give the home team my money if I was a betting man.

Status
Not open for further replies.