• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds Super Rugby round 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
The main flaw I see with emuarse's assessment is the assumption that this match will consist of 30-44 individuals. The Brumbies of 2012 have a team spirit that the Reds of 2010 and 2011 similarly had, and the Reds of 2012 have only exhibited in patches. The synergy of a strong team culture outweighs individual performances every time.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
True but you can hardly call the Reds a team of individuals. Been a lot of sides stronger on paper than these two and been beaten, this season for the Brumbies but the last 2 or 3 for the Reds. So i'd call the sides about equal there.

R

Reds24

the team just looks a lot more dangerous with quade on the feild, with a genuine 5/8 playing the reds just seem to lift a gear. should be a good game interesting to see the young 5/8 for the brumbies against quade should be a good test to c how he shapes up, he looked good last week

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Are we going to see 3 Fingers on the field at the same time in this match. Have there been this many siblings in a S15 game yet?

T

tranquility

The 3 fingers scenario has already happened once last year has it not? I think Saia and Colby will start, so yes, three Fingers to run on.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I would assume Nic White would be starting, in which case...

White > Genia

And this Chris F'Sautia is already better than Robbie Coleman (or Kuridrani, who would be the better comparison)?

You Queenslanders...

Clearly. Can't believe he hasn't been playing for the universe XV team for at least the last 3 years.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
If Lucas is out that leaves a big hole in our general gameplan. Morahan is the logical choice at 15, but I sure as shit don't want him defending at fly half.
I think he would do ok, knowing you have to be in that chanel is a completely different prospect to defending in a position where an attack can come from anywhere across the field. You are essentially defending a 5m gap rather than a 50m wide gap

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Sam and George right....but that's only 2.
Um.... plus Adam and Luke = 4 brothers.

whitelock.jpg

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
How does everyone feel regarding our back line handling error rate? We all know we've rebuilt the 2012 back line, what, 6 times? Once more v Lions with QC (Quade Cooper) and CFS in. They've been plenty of poor passes and Harris-ilke spills this year, probably much of it down to the regular rebuilds.

Handling will need to be outstanding v Brums or errors could be very costly.

R

Reds24

I think he would do ok, knowing you have to be in that chanel is a completely different prospect to defending in a position where an attack can come from anywhere across the field. You are essentially defending a 5m gap rather than a 50m wide gap

the amount of work he would have to do in that channel would be a lot more then normal not sure how he would go prefer digby to go there with morahan on the wing and quade at 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom