• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v. Wales - 12 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Not to be forgotten amongst the Internationals, the Brumbies will play a game against Wales on Tuesday night in Canberraat 7:30pm.

With a few guys out with the Wallabies, here's a guess on what the team could be. But Jake could spring a few surprises to give some guys a run and rest others.

1. Ruaidhri Murphy
2. Anthony Hegarty
3. Scott Sio
4. Scott Fardy
5. Sam Carter
5. Peter Kimlin
7. Colby Fainga'a
8. Ben Mowen
9. Ian Prior
10. Zack Holmes
11. Kimami Sitauti
12.Robbie Coleman
13. Andrew Smith
14. Cam Crawford
15. Jesse Mogg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies could field a pretty good side after having so many form players overlooked for the Wobs.......

With Tomane now out for 6 weeks it should give a few guys an opportunity to show their worth.......

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies backs in battle for bench berth
David Polkinghorne
June 9, 2012

art-Kimami-Sitauti-420x0.jpg
Kimami Sitauti of the Brumbies. Photo: Getty Images
As far as Super Rugby auditions go, it doesn't get much bigger than taking on Six Nations champion Wales.
That's what's in store for the ACT Brumbies' outside backs Cam Crawford and Kimami Sitauti when they play the grand slam winner at Canberra Stadium on Tuesday night.
A back-line vacancy has opened up on the bench with winger Joe Tomane set to miss up to six weeks due to the syndesmosis injury he suffered during Wallabies training at Ballymore on Thursday.
Tomane might not play until the finals, opening up a spot on the bench when the season resumes against the Western Force on June 30 as the Brumbies push for their first play-offs appearance since 2004. If Sitauti can impress against Wales, it could see him make his Super Rugby debut in the run to the finals.
Brumbies backs coach Steve Larkham said it was a three-way tussle between Crawford, Sitauti and Tom Cox, with no clear leader at this stage.
Crawford travelled to South Africa with the team in April and was named on the bench against the Waikato Chiefs in March. He appeared to be the frontrunner, but Sitauti's strong form for the Royals in the John I Dent Cup has brought him back into contention.
Both Crawford and Sitauti will start on the wings against Wales, while Cox will be on the bench.
''There's a couple of guys fighting it out … who've all been in the mix this year at some stage and this Wales game will be a good test for them. It will give us a good gauge as to who's up to the next level,'' Larkham said.
He said Sitauti was very dangerous in attack, especially one on one, but had taken a little time to fit into the Brumbies system after moving down from the Queensland Reds this season.
Sitauti, who shares a house with Tomane, won a rugby sevens silver medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi and was part of Australia's under 20s who finished third at last year's world championships in Italy.
Despite playing in those big games, the 21-year-old thinks the game against Wales will be another step up for him. ''I feel really confident for the game but it's also going to be a good challenge for me because I haven't played against an international team like Wales. Sevens is different because there's only seven players on the field and different structures,'' Kimami said.

P

Paradox

I'm going. We could get pulverised up front but I reckon we'll make life hard for the Leaks.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Tomane was hobbling around on crutches tonight at Wallabies.

Will be a big chance for Sitauti though - hopefully he can make the step up.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies team confirmed:

1. Ruaidhri Murphy
2. Anthony Hegarty
3. Scott Sio
4. Leon power
5. Ben Hand (c)
6. Peter Kimlin
7. Colby Fainga'a
8. Ita Vaea
9. Ian Prior
10. Zack Holmes
11. Kimami Sitauti
12. Andrew Smith
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Cam Crawford
15. Robbie Coleman

16. Siliva Siliva (yes - the same name twice)
17. JP Pradaud
18. Dylan Sigg
19. Fotu Auelua
20. Beau Mokotupu
21. Tom Cox
22. Jesse Mogg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Where's Mowen? And Fardy?

Mowen is with the Wobs...

Fardy and Carter are our first choice locks and I would assume they've been rested to give the other guys a run.

That's also why Fotu and Mogg are on the bench, to give the other guys some game time.......

Still, thanks to a few Wallaby snubs we get to run a pretty strong team.

I really wish this was being televised.

P

Paradox

Fark, why aren't our number 1 players like Fardy, Speight and Mogg starting?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fark, why aren't our number 1 players like Fardy, Speight and Mogg starting?

I forgot about Speight... but.......

Mowen is with the Wobs.

Fardy and Carter are our first choice locks and I would assume they've been rested to give the other guys a run.

That's also why Fotu and Mogg are on the bench, to give the other guys some game time...

Still, thanks to a few Wallaby snubs we get to run a pretty strong team.

I really wish this was being televised.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Speight's sidelined with a niggle for a couple of weeks. Mowen is with the Wallabies. Mogg and Speight should be the wingers when things kick off again, so Mogg rides the pine to start this game to give a chance for Crawford and Sitauti to go head to head for the vacant reserve spot until Tomane returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.