• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Waratahs Rnd 5 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm glad to actually Palu doing something this year - had to be one of the most overrated forwards last year- especially in the Wallabies games

You get some strange quotes on the internet, but this one is close to the strangest. Palu was just a few points away from winning the John Eales medal last year and he only played internationals up till June, after which he was in rehab. So last year he played about half the games and almost won. As BH said, its obvious his fellow players didn't think he was overrated!

P

Paradox

What's the status of Tomane, Lilo, Rattles And Fotu? Any word on a replacement for the young bloke with a clot? Name escapes me :confused: . We seem to have a big shortage on back rowers and are not as strong as last year with Palmer,Kimlin,Finger and Smith gone.

We really need to put in a first class kicking game and pressure the tahs lineout to have a chance

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
We should have fines system. Whereby whenever anyone resorts to using any of the top 10 GAGR sayings (ie: Quade can't defend) they dob themselves in and earn a strike. At the end of the season everyone total's their strikes and donates the equivalent of 1 strike = $1 to GAGR (or maybe some charitable cause, ie: Melbourne Rebels).

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
People say us aussies aint tribal enough to compete with nz and sa... they don't know how I went from some who thought hooper would take pococks spot to someone who thought he was dreaming of keeping it(injuries aside)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What's the status of Tomane, Lilo, Rattles And Fotu? Any word on a replacement for the young bloke with a clot? Name escapes me :confused: .

Tomane a chance to play.

No chance on the others.

Ita Vaea is the bloke you're thinking of and no word on any replacements, yet.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Nah, TPN really can't throw.
There is some random stat that says TPN hasnt played more then 40 mins against the brumbies before going off hurt... its hard to throw straight when you see 3 different lineout

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
More humility from Chieka

"They're (the Brumbies) the best team in Australia, they made the final last year and it's up to us to take on the best and try to compete with them."
Cheika played down his side's chances despite the buzz generated by their try-scoring exploits this season.
"I'm not trying to ham it up, [the underdog tag] is there by right," he said.
"As I've said before ... we've done nothing, we've had a couple of good games where there were a lot of faults in those games and they've both been at home.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/michael-cheika-sticks-with-winning-waratahs-lineup-for-grudge-match-against-brumbies-20140311-hvhau.html#ixzz2vhR6Nznq

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
First thing the Tahs need to do is treat the leadup better than they did last year. All they did once they eventually got to the stadium was stand around in a circle basically singing Kumbaya and not practice and plays or anything like that and the result showed accordingly.

All the noise, so far, is coming from the Waratahs so I don't know if it's deliberate ploy to get in the first barb but like MattyK said, it's very non poker face.

I think the bye came at the worst time for the Waratahs and will be interesting to see if they can maintain the momentum from before the bye.

The Brumbies needed the Hurricanes match to play into some form. Irrespective of how poor the Hurricanes were, it was an indication that things are getting back on track.

I still think the Brumbies bench isn't as good as it could be and if it comes down to that I think the Waratahs have the advantage.

Like what mate? All I have read is that the Tahs were smashed there last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom