• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Waratahs, Sat 27th Feb, Canberra

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Exactly. I know the Brumbies know they can win the comp with that thing but they should at least try something else sometimes. Especially against the B Tahs. The Tahs look far more enterprising when they have the ball, problem is they keep dropping it.

Huh? The Brumbies attacking shape is much better than the Tahs. As I write this they made another line break.

A rolling maul is a high percentage play if you are good at it. Brumbies would be mad not to use it.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The rolling maul issue could be addressed by having a TMO review of all tries from rolling mauls. I reckon at least half could be disallowed on technical law interpretation. Would go a long way to making rugby more exciting.

I think what they need to do is scrap the 2 x ‘use it’ warnings, instead as soon as the maul stops or goes backwards for a few seconds the halfback is told to use it and has to get the ball out straight away. If he doesn’t, short arm penalty.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Why was Samu not offside like HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) was in the first half? Brumbies engaged the maul as Samu went around.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Why was Samu not offside like HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) was in the first half? Brumbies engaged the maul as Samu went around.

Yeah. And that scrum penalty - he said use it to White and he fucks it up but he gives them the penalty anyway.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
also, if i see the tahs try and rolling maul again im turning the tv off before i need to buy a new one tomorrow

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Apparently because it went over the 15m line which meant the line out was over and he was allowed to do that, I’d have to rewatch it