• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Kings - Super Rugby R8 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The competition new boys roll into Canberra this week to take on the Brumbies.

The Brumbies are expected to rest/rotate a few guys after 3 tough matches against SA opposition.

Pat McCabe is confirmed starter so it will be interesting to see where Jake plays him - maybe a word from Robbie will determine this.

Stephen Moore looks likely to drop back to the bench with Siliva Siliva starting.

Some other names mentioned who might a rest are Scott Fardy - who I think copped a broken cheek - Ben Mowen and Christian Lealiifano.

Team announced Thursday.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Mogg still injured?

That may determine where McCabe plays, although Coleman was fairly solid on the weekend.........

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
With the benefit of hindsight, the Brums looked a little jetlagged in the second half vs the Bulls, so hopefully this week we'll see the real Brums again.
One aspect overlooked by some of the critics after the Bulls' match is that we've got the RSA tour out of the way, while the Reds & Tahs still have to travel over there.
Not too bad, with a 5 point lead.

Must destroy the opposition this Friday, and make a statement about determination to lead the table and play in the finals.
This will require respect for the Kings and a total lack of complacency.
Look fwd to see McCabe back, and maybe also Rathbone playing. Better rest Mogg again if not 100 per cent.
If fit, Andrew Smith is also gonna be useful.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
I've heard from good sources that Matt To'omua will be rested this week, with Lilo in at 10 and McCabe at 12. Apparently the UC students in the south bowl are disappointed that Mogg won't be playing as they were planning to follow up their "I have a Rathboner" banner with a "Let's do it Moggy style" banner.

DT86

Frank Row (1)
I've heard from good sources that Matt To'omua will be rested this week, with Lilo in at 10 and McCabe at 12. Apparently the UC students in the south bowl are disappointed that Mogg won't be playing as they were planning to follow up their "I have a Rathboner" banner with a "Let's do it Moggy style" banner.

True story. Not rested just battling an injury sustained in SA. Should be a good game to watch, i have a feeling the brums will play a more expansive game this week. Shame Mogg isnt playing he would have a ball.

Zinzan

Herbert Moran (7)
I hope Colby Fainga'a gets a start soon, he was ahead of hooper in 2011 and is now not even mentioned in the same category. Very physical player with good skills too...Liam messam type flanker.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I hope Colby Fainga'a gets a start soon, he was ahead of hooper in 2011 and is now not even mentioned in the same category. Very physical player with good skills too.Liam messam type flanker.

He didn't display any physicality or good skills when he nearly blew the game for the Brumbies on Saturday night..........

M10

Stan Wickham (3)
On what I've seen so far, I don't rate Colby at this stage. He doesn't look to be a very effective flanker. Hope I'm wrong about that.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies

1. Ben Alexander
2. Siliva Siliva
3. Dan Palmer
4. Peter Kimlin
5. Etienne Oosthuizen
6. Ben Mowen
7. George Smith
8. Fotu Auelua
9. Nic White
10. Christian Lealiifano
11. Joe Tomane
12. Pat McCabe
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Robbie Coleman

16. Stephen Moore
17. Scott Sio
18. Sam Carter
19. Colby Fainga'a
20. Ian Prior
21. Andrew Smith
22. Zack Holmes

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Kings: 15 George Whitehead, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Waylon Murray, 12 Andries Strauss (captain), 11 Ronnie Cooke, 10 Demetri Catrakilis, 9 Nicolas Vergallo, 8 Cornell du Preez, 7 Wimpie van der Walt, 6 Devin Oosthuizen, 5 Rynier Bernardo, 4 Steven Sykes, 3 Grant Kemp, 2 Hannes Franklin, 1 Schalk Ferreira

Substitutes: 16 Bandise Maku, 17 Kevin Buys, 18 David Bulbring, 19 Jacques Engelbrecht, 20 Shaun Venter, 21 Marcello Sampson, 22 Elric van Vuuren

Status
Not open for further replies.