• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brutes vs Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
This one in the Ring. The Force look like THE Aussie team on form at the moment , this one will be their real test. The Brutes lifting their horns after last week hard game against the Chiefs and wont be easily stop in their tracks in the Ring. Pretty sure thats where they want to finish their season, in their Ring.

Read through the articles and surely this one will be won up front. The Force have one of the best backlines and the Brutes will try and give them no pill.

Dont expect any changes from the Brutes side and they will try and copy their play from one week to the other. If there is one place I'll have to give them accolades, its their defense and Meisiekind. Surely he is on fire at the moment.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ring supporters will be in for a double treat. Vodacom Cup semi time

Saturday?s match against the Force kicks off at 17:05 whilst the Vodacom Blue Bulls are going to play against the Leopards in the Vodacom Cup semi-final at 14:00.

Hope they pack the Ring. Watching those Ring supporters and Cheerleaders, my highlight. Best in SH rugby with Newlands next.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bulls at home against the Aussie team with probably the weakest tight 5 in Aus, if not close to the comp? (Exluding the injury ridden Brumbies...) Bulls are such a different proposition home as compared to in Aus or NZ. Has to be the Bulls.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Brutes team only one change.
Vodacom Bulls: 15 Zane Kirchner; 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 Jaco Pretorius, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Bryan Habana; 10 Morn? Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez; 8 Pierre Spies, 7 Dewald Potgieter, 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Victor Matfield (captain), 4 Danie Rossouw, 3 Werner Kruger, 2 Derick Ku?n, 1 Gurthr? Steenkamp. Reserves: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 Rayno Gerber, 18 Wilhelm Steenkamp, 19 Pedrie Wannenburg, 20 Heini Adams, 21 Burton Francis, 22 JP Nel.

P

PhucNgo

PaarlBok said:
Brutes team only one change.
Vodacom Bulls: 15 Zane Kirchner; 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 Jaco Pretorius, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Bryan Habana; 10 Morn? Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez; 8 Pierre Spies, 7 Dewald Potgieter, 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Victor Matfield (captain), 4 Danie Rossouw, 3 Werner Kruger, 2 Derick Ku?n, 1 Gurthr? Steenkamp. Reserves: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 Rayno Gerber, 18 Wilhelm Steenkamp, 19 Pedrie Wannenburg, 20 Heini Adams, 21 Burton Francis, 22 JP Nel.

Brutes? More like the Blue Bores. The Waratahs with a kicking game......

I can't see the Force getting up, but they should give them a run for their Rand.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
PhucNgo said:
Brutes? More like the Blue Bores. The Waratahs with a kicking game......
I'll leave you to Blue, he support both teams. :lmao:

May be wrong Boet, The Force beat them now two years in a row.

R

Rugby Rat

Force are right in this game. The Chiefs bruised a few egos last week and if Gitts brings it, and the Force pack can give the Bulls some then I reckon, if officiated correctly, we'll see at least two yellows to the Bulls.

The Bulls played their best last week and the Chiefs almost rolled them, not to mention the 26 points.
All the Bulls showed was some OK defence and a boot downfield.

The Force need to hit them hard in the first 20. They have the attack to do it. Then just play the boot downfield ala Bulls and wait for the frustration to be penalised with yellow. Not sure if the Force pack can stick it to them like the chiefs tho.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Rugby Rat said:
Force are right in this game. The Chiefs bruised a few egos last week and if Gitts brings it, and the Force pack can give the Bulls some then I reckon, if officiated correctly, we'll see at least two yellows to the Bulls.

The Bulls played their best last week and the Chiefs almost rolled them, not to mention the 26 points.
All the Bulls showed was some OK defence and a boot downfield.

The Force need to hit them hard in the first 20. They have the attack to do it. Then just play the boot downfield ala Bulls and wait for the frustration to be penalised with yellow. Not sure if the Force pack can stick it to them like the chiefs tho.
From dictionary.com:

de?lu?sion (dĭ-lōō'zhən)
n.

1. The act or process of deluding.
2. The state of being deluded.
2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.
3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

[Middle English delusioun, from Latin dēlūsiō, dēlūsiōn-, from dēlūsus, past participle of dēlūdere, to delude; see delude.]
de?lu'sion?al adj.

R

Rugby Rat

Spook said:
Hey Rat, don't you reckon Giteau is sh|T?
He has a good game at Super 14 level.

Gitts was paid as if he was the next Bernie. He fell way short and we have been losing for some time. I just keep hoping he strings together 4 good 80 minute games this year for the Wallabies. With Bernie you just knew he would not hope.

Unfortunately, can't see much better in Australian rugby ATM.

R

Rugby Rat

As for Blue. After the Bulls antics last week I have nicknamed them "Pillows".

You will find an Australian referee this week for the Bulls. He would have watched the Bulls cheating last week and will surely penalise harshly for constant indiscretions.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Rugby Rat said:

You will find an Australian referee this week for the Bulls. He would have watched the Bulls cheating last week and will surely penalise harshly for constant indiscretions.

*sigh*

More from dictionary.com:

nonsensical

adjective
1. incongruous;inviting ridicule; "the absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework"; "that's a cockeyed idea"; "ask a nonsensical question and get a nonsensical answer"; "a contribution so small as to be laughable"; "it is ludicrous to call a cottage a mansion"; "a preposterous attempt to turn back the pages of history"; "her conceited assumption of universal interest in her rather dull children was ridiculous" [syn: absurd]
2. having no intelligible meaning; "nonsense syllables"; "a nonsensical jumble of words" [syn: nonsense]

R

Rugby Rat

Blue said:
Rugby Rat said:

*sigh*

More from dictionary.com:

nonsensical

adjective
1. incongruous;inviting ridicule; "the absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework"; "that's a cockeyed idea"; "ask a nonsensical question and get a nonsensical answer"; "a contribution so small as to be laughable"; "it is ludicrous to call a cottage a mansion"; "a preposterous attempt to turn back the pages of history"; "her conceited assumption of universal interest in her rather dull children was ridiculous" [syn: absurd]
2. having no intelligible meaning; "nonsense syllables"; "a nonsensical jumble of words" [syn: nonsense]

PILLOW
1. a bag or case made of cloth that is filled with feathers, down, or other soft material, and is used to cushion the head during sleep or rest.
2. anything used to cushion the head; headrest: a pillow of moss.
3. Also called lace pillow. a hard cushion or pad that supports the pattern and threads in the making of bobbin lace.
4. a supporting piece or part, as the block on which the inner end of a bowsprit rests.

?verb (used with object) 5. to rest on or as on a pillow.
6. to support with pillows.
7. to serve as a pillow for: She pillowed the child with her body.

?verb (used without object) 8. to rest as on a pillow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
bef. 900; ME pilwe, OE pylu < L pulvīnus cushion (whence also G Pf?hl)

Related forms:

pil⋅low⋅less, adjective
pil⋅low⋅like, adjective

Synonyms:
1. See cushion.

CHEAT
?verb (used without object) 4. to practice fraud or deceit: She cheats without regrets.
5. to violate rules or regulations: He cheats at cards.
6. to take an examination or test in a dishonest way, as by improper access to answers.
7. Informal. to be sexually unfaithful (often fol. by on): Her husband knew she had been cheating all along. He cheated on his wife.

?noun 8. a person who acts dishonestly, deceives, or defrauds: He is a cheat and a liar.
9. a fraud; swindle; deception: The game was a cheat.
10. Law. the fraudulent obtaining of another's property by a pretense or trick.
11. an impostor: The man who passed as an earl was a cheat.

GUTLESS

Lacking substance; weak or insignificant--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R

Rugby Rat

Sorry for being harsh, however I did find the consistant, blatent cheating last weekend quite soft.

Not that I didn't enjoy the game, I do however reckon that if you get on top of the Bulls they will self destruct.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Rugby Rat said:
Sorry for being harsh, however I did find the consistant, blatent cheating last weekend quite soft.

Not that I didn't enjoy the game, I do however reckon that if you get on top of the Bulls they will self destruct.

Ah

So we have determined that the Bulls are gutless cheats who don's sleep on pillows and that Rat thinks Carter is Jesus.

We are all entitled to our opinion but surely there is a limit to what can be consider sane.

PS. I come from Pretoria and I don't sleep on a pillow. Hey, you're onto something.

As for cheating. Get real. Show me one team who is not pushing the offside line and thje breakdown. The Bulls do it more than anyone else.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thanks to my Brute broer, Blue for clearing it all up, sure make sense to me now. :lmao: (I'll be a dead man without him)

Brutes by 12 , my tip. Force have a very good backline but will have to cope with backfoot ball, even if they make the Pope the ref. 8)

R

Rugby Rat

I mean, even when they pulled back in the scrum !!! It was so obvious. A blatent hard n fast "set" line out throw straight to the man. The constant ruck infringrments. Attacking a man on the ground then backing up and crying like a girl when a Chief's player approached to break it up. The line out penalty. Your boofhead acted like he had just been belted by Messum when all Messum did was contest.

The Bulls cheated in every aspect last week. Surely with a neutral ref ????

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Rugby Rat said:
Rat your idea of a neutral ref and mine a bit scew, dont you think? Just imagen yourself Luaki connects Gits in Perth like he connected Habana and Goddard had the whistle? :lmao:

R

Rugby Rat

Blue said:
Rugby Rat said:

Ah

So we have determined that the Bulls are gutless cheats who don's sleep on pillows and that Rat thinks Carter is Jesus.

We are all entitled to our opinion but surely there is a limit to what can be consider sane.

PS. I come from Pretoria and I don't sleep on a pillow. Hey, you're onto something.

As for cheating. Get real. Show me one team who is not pushing the offside line and thje breakdown. The Bulls do it more than anyone else.
It is still cheating regardless. I honestly think the Bulls are lacking something and could be found out in the semis. As for the Force. I can see them staying in this game if the Bulls keep being penalised. I could find a Bulls player at fault in almost every ruck last week and I am sure a ref could as well.

R

Rugby Rat

PaarlBok said:
Rugby Rat said:
Rat your idea of a neutral ref and mine a bit scew, dont you think? Just imagen yourself Luaki connects Gits in Perth like he connected Habana and Goddard had the whistle? :lmao:
Luaki deserved the yellow no doubt. He is however a funny bloke. I just watch him and wait for him to do something odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.