• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brutes vs Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Rugby Rat said:
Luaki deserved the yellow no doubt. He is however a funny bloke. I just watch him and wait for him to do something odd.
Do you think Goddard would only have gave him yellow? Now on that one I think Joubert deserve a accolade in handling the situation and myself thought he had a great match. In fact I think every game in round 11 was reffed properly and just remember the Force have also some Zim poacher and Brown in the lose, so hope you'll cut it both ways.

R

Rugby Rat

PaarlBok said:
Rugby Rat said:
Luaki deserved the yellow no doubt. He is however a funny bloke. I just watch him and wait for him to do something odd.
Do you think Goddard would only have gave him yellow? Now on that one I think Joubert deserve a accolade in handling the situation and myself thought he had a great match. In fact I think every game in round 11 was reffed properly and just remember the Force have also some Zim poacher and Brown in the lose, so hope you'll cut it both ways.
Will stop short of calling the Bulls "good things", as the Force can play, however the Force lack consistancy.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Rugby Rat said:
PaarlBok said:
Rugby Rat said:
Will stop short of calling the Bulls "good things", as the Force can play, however the Force lack consistancy.

Please can someone translate?

R

Rugby Rat

Blue said:
Rugby Rat said:
PaarlBok said:
Rugby Rat said:

Please can someone translate?
I am hoping the Force kick the Bulls butts.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
The Force front row has improved significantly this season. Since Ben Castle has come along, Pek Cowen has come along in leaps and bounds. And Tai McIsaac has a very solid throwing game, and goes under the radar in his scrummaging. Not saying they will muscle out the Bulls, but I dont think there will be as much back foot play as has been suggested.

Also the Force pay 3 opensides and have the backline players to make the most of any turnovers that they create. In their last two losses, they didnt look like they were beaten, rather they had the game by the scruff of the nexk and in the case of the Canes, let it go for 15 minutes and in the case of the Sharks, allowed their opposition the chance to make the most of only a few opportunitied.

Bulls will be tough, but I think the Force will be right in with a chance.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Gitts was paid as if he was the next Bernie. He fell way short and we have been losing for some time. I just keep hoping he strings together 4 good 80 minute games this year for the Wallabies. With Bernie you just knew he would not hope.

Rat,
I think you've forgotten how poor Larkham could be in the wet, his one weakness was kicking & I can recall Larkham having some shockers on a wet track.

If you need an example just watch Bledisloe 1 2004.

R

Rugby Rat

disco said:
Gitts was paid as if he was the next Bernie. He fell way short and we have been losing for some time. I just keep hoping he strings together 4 good 80 minute games this year for the Wallabies. With Bernie you just knew he would not hope.

Rat,
I think you've forgotten how poor Larkham could be in the wet, his one weakness was kicking & I can recall Larkham having some shockers on a wet track.

Was he coming off injury? Anyways. Watch the World Cup final against England. Gitts had no penetration at 10 and every time Bernie touched the ball we did something. That was the trend for the next 5 years. Gitts is getting better but boy it has taken a long long time. Gitts is still a very very good rugby player.

S

Spook

Rugby Rat said:
disco said:

Rat,

Was he coming off injury? Anyways. Watch the World Cup final against England. Gitts had no penetration at 10 and every time Bernie touched the ball we did something. That was the trend for the next 5 years. Gitts is getting better but boy it has taken a long long time. Gitts is still a very very good rugby player.

You're backpedalling Rat :D

R

Rugby Rat

I've said that all before in another thread. Gitts against quality always get half the job done, not all.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Gutsy fight from Force. Bulls were up 26-10 and should have put the thing away.

Steenkamp will have nightmares after dropping that ball with an open line.

The South African sides seriously lack composure. So many chances for Sharks and Bulls get wasted its criminal.

P

PhucNgo

Bulls v lucky to get away with this one. Penalty at 50 minute mark for Hodgson taking out Habana really should have gone the other way. Look closely and you'll see that Habana really took out Hodgson who was just standing his ground while Habana ran into him. Clear obstruction.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PhucNgo said:
Bulls v lucky to get away with this one. Penalty at 50 minute mark for Hodgson taking out Habana really should have gone the other way. Look closely and you'll see that Habana really took out Hodgson who was just standing his ground while Habana ran into him. Clear obstruction.

So a single incident would have made the difference? Not.

The Force should never have been so close.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The Force lucky to get 2 points out of this game. Thought it was a bit harsh to give Steyn yellow and only that kept the Force init.

My money is still on the Brutes to go all the way. Two tough local derbies (trust me the Cheetah one not easy for them)

Also congrats to their Vodacom side making the finals. Beating the Leopards in a tough match and now playing Griquas who pissed on the Sharks Vodacom side in the semi.

P

PhucNgo

Blue said:
PhucNgo said:

I'm not suggesting that the Bulls weren't clearly the better team and deserved their win, I'm just pointing out that as the game went, a clearly incorrect refereeing decision (not an "incident", such as Jethro dropping the pill, which was an action within his control) significantly impacted the result.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PhucNgo said:
Blue said:
PhucNgo said:

I'm not suggesting that the Bulls weren't clearly the better team and deserved their win, I'm just pointing out that as the game went, a clearly incorrect refereeing decision (not an "incident", such as Jethro dropping the pill, which was an action within his control) significantly impacted the result.

The big one he missed was not red carding Valentine for the shoulder charge on du Preez's head.

P

PhucNgo

Blue said:
PhucNgo said:
Blue said:
PhucNgo said:

The big one he missed was not red carding Valentine for the shoulder charge on du Preez's head.

Red would have been a tad harsh, but I take your pint.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PhucNgo said:
Blue said:
PhucNgo said:
Blue said:
PhucNgo said:

Players have been sent of for less. Intentional shoulder charge and contact with the head while the player could not protect himself. You have to admit it was worse than what Bakkies did with the elbow (before you get excited I do not condone Botha's misdemeanours - merely comparing).

Cowardly act.

P

PhucNgo

Blue said:
PhucNgo said:
Blue said:
PhucNgo said:
Blue said:
PhucNgo said:

Players have been sent of for less. Intentional shoulder charge and contact with the head while the player could not protect himself. You have to admit it was worse than what Bakkies did with the elbow (before you get excited I do not condone Botha's misdemeanours - merely comparing).

Cowardly act.

I rarely get excited these days, (my name's PhucNgo and) I'm a 'Tahs supporter.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PhucNgo said:
Blue said:
PhucNgo said:
Blue said:
PhucNgo said:
Blue said:
PhucNgo said:

Cowardly act.

I rarely get excited these days, (my name's PhucNgo and) I'm a 'Tahs supporter.

As they say, life's a PhucnBitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.