• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bulls V Force RD 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Get a new kicker foley!!! It's not possible to win games with points only coming from unconverted try's!!

We just need to save face here. Put in an effort for fans to be proud of. No one will be expecting them to win but if we come close it will sadly be good enough for many supporters.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
It may be wrong but I won't be too sorry to see the reds lose that record this week.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It doesn't change the flogging. Haha. It won't be that bad. Unless we have a couple of injuries during the game ala refs last year.

M

Moono75

Don't write us off yet. The Bulls have lost a few key players in flanker Dewald Potgieter to a knee ligament injury as well as flanker Deon Stegmann and midfielder JJ Engelbrecht. All will miss this weeks game against the Force....unfortunately.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
Don't write us off yet. The Bulls have lost a few key players in flanker Dewald Potgieter to a knee ligament injury as well as flanker Deon Stegmann and midfielder JJ Engelbrecht. All will miss this weeks game against the Force..unfortunately.

Dewald Potgieter is more than decent player, but the other two are gash and their replacements will probably strengthen the team.

The injury to JJ Engelbrecht should see the very exciting Jan Serfontein debuting from the bench on Saturday.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I would say it surely can't get any worse, but I said that last year and look what happened on the weekend.

Time for the Force to show the fans they actually care about representing us and aren't just rugby mercenaries.

M

Moono75

Dewald Potgieter is more than decent player, but the other two are gash and their replacements will probably strengthen the team.

The injury to JJ Engelbrecht should see the very exciting Jan Serfontein debuting from the bench on Saturday.
Yeah I checked out some highlights of Jan Serfontein. 2012 IRB Junior Player of the year so he certainly has the potential to do well.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
Given the performance and the game plan against the Southern Kings, I see it very hard in Pretoria, guys.
There's a strong need of a reliable kicker in the starting lineup and the game plan can't be based on forwards' clashes against the opposite defensive line while uselessy trying to carry the ball straight over the advantage line.
Hope Foley fix it.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Enough with all the negativity everyone. The boys had a shit second half against the kings and lost the game a total fuck up. Only a week earlier they show great improvement. The force were never going to turn it around over night. What they dont need is people to keep telling them they fucked up they know they did and will be doing everything they can to fix it.

Give them a chance they are a young team trying to form combos under a new coaching system. Give foley and his team a chance. Say what you want about him but foley is here to do a job and from point of view he is doing a good one. Anyone who thinks that the way the guys played on sat was foleys plan is kidding themselfs.

Do i think the force will beat the bulls...prob not. Do i think they will go out and give their all you better believe i do.

Enough with all the negative shit

Carn the force

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

I think Alcock needs more game time this week. His ball running in the first two games can be a factor. Only played 13 minutes against the Kings, 2 runs for 27 metres. His production when on field is impressive. He needs to play, even if it means shifting Hodgo.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
The Force side has probably already been selected, although we won't see it from Foley until midnight before game day.

Would like to see 4 changes to the XV from last week. The pack will need to muscle up so put Lynn in for Wykes, and Ma'afu for Faulkner (even though he hasn't done much wrong).

In the backs, time to give Ebersohn a chance at flyhalf and Rasolea a start in the centres.

Force:
1 Cowan (vc)
2 Charles
3•Ma'afu ▼50'
4 McMeniman
5•Lynn
6 Cottrell
7 Hodgson (c) ▼50'
8 McCalman

9 Mathewson
10•Ebersohn (gk)
11 Mafi
12 Godwin
13•Rasolea
14 Cummins
15 Tupou

Bench:
16 Tessman
17 Faulkner ▲50'
18 Wykes
19 Brown
20 Alcock ▲50'
21 Snowden
22 Stubbs

Rest:
Longbottom, Christie, Hayward, Stanley.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
Force:
1 Cowan (vc)
2 Charles
3•Ma'afu ▼50'
4 McMeniman
5•Lynn
6 Cottrell
7 Hodgson (c) ▼50'
8 McCalman

9 Mathewson
10•Ebersohn (gk)
11 Mafi
12 Godwin
13•Rasolea
14 Cummins
15 Tupou

Bench:
16 Tessman
17 Faulkner ▲50'
18 Wykes
19 Brown
20 Alcock ▲50'
21 Snowden
22 Stubbs

Rest:
Longbottom, Christie, Hayward, Stanley.
I agree that something must be changed in the locks and centres and that Ebersohn must be given a chance (at least for being Force best kicker) but:
- Ma'afu in only if he's really fit
- Alcock should be in the starting XV
- could Tupou be replaced by Christie at fullback?
- Charles wasn't very precise in feeding the lineout lately

I also agree that Rasolea will hardly be worse than Stanley at 13, but still wonder what is Force best combination of centres.

p.s. is there any official explanation why Tuatara-Morrison did not even get a plane ticket to South Africa? Yes the Force signed him to play matches like the one in Pretoria next week.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I would be playing Alcock at 7, Hodgson at 6 and moving Cottrell to the bench.

I think you need Alcock on the field. He's a good ball runner and an abrasive player.

Ebersohn has to start so he can be goalkicker. The Force would be crazy to start another match with Godwin as the first choice kicker. He just isn't good enough at this stage. Christie is the obvious choice to make way for Ebersohn. Aside from his goalkicking, Godwin has been one of the Force's best.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I did say making Hodgson captain was a mistake, it needs to go to someone who is undoubtedly the best player in their position in the team. Alcock is a better 7 and Brown, Cottrell, McMenimen better 6s.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Probably could have made Hodgson the Club Captain and given the on-field role to maybe Cowan or McCalman.

Status
Not open for further replies.