• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bulls V Force RD 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I watched the game again just to see MMM smash Kirchner & KO those two forwards but I also agree with a couple other posters on here that Alcock is better than Hodgson. Alcock made a huge difference when he came on & Hodgson's hammy may be a blessing in disguise.
What the league style shoulder charges or are you referring to something else?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
No I am referring to the league style shoulder charges. Only 1 of his 3 hits were illegal but I loved it.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone think the Force will win a game this year?

Yes they'll win at home. I think they'll beat the Cheetahs & Rebels but other than those two matches they'll be the underdog but upsets do happen. I think they can finish with at least 4 wins this year.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
Here comes the Negative Man :D
Well, guys, I don't actually like to have a negative point of view about the Force, and I know I should be satisfied because the Force were close to the Bulls until the last ten minutes, but I didn't see the improvements I was expecting. Hopefully there's room for improvement in the next rounds.
The only good thing I saw was a flyhalf who can kick and managed to keep the Force close in the score.
Please note that I wasn't expecting running rugby on a rainy day in Pretoria against a tough team and maybe it was a good choice to play like a South-african side, kicking almost every possession and choosing a conservative game plan. What makes me unhappy is the fact that I didn't see any change in attitude shown by many Force players.
Once again I saw:
- disorder in defense, with many missed tackles (ESPN scrum confirms that 25 tackles out of 140 were missed, that means the tackling success rate is 82%, not enough for a competitive superrugby team)
- lineout not really reliable (but not as worse as the last games)
- Mathewson that sometimes takes too much time to pass the ball out of the ruck, with the result that the opposing defense reorganise itself
- guys in the backline who quite never broke the line, beat the opposing defender or found a gap
I suspect the only reason why Force were so close in the score is due to the fact Bulls played as worse as we did.
Anyway, the positive thing is that there seems to be room for improvement, especially when all the guys in the backline will be tested and the coaching staff will find out the best combination of them. Now, I would consider only Godwin and Mafi in the starting lineup, for all of the other players there must be competition for a spot in the XV.
I hope we'll see something better in the next rounds

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The only good thing I saw was a flyhalf who can kick and managed to keep the Force close in the score.
Please note that I wasn't expecting running rugby on a rainy day in Pretoria against a tough team and maybe it was a good choice to play like a South-african side, kicking almost every possession and choosing a conservative game plan.

Looking on the bright side, at least we managed to execute that game plan.

Last year we tried to do similar things and failed to execute them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.