• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bulls V Force RD 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Some good rugby from the force. They deserved at least a point for that performance but they let themselves down in the last 10.

The pack was much better with Lynn, MMM, Cotrell, Alcock and Brown on the field for significant parts of the game. Alcock is clearly surpassing Hodgson as a player as well.

Sais was good at 10, but Stanley and Toupou don't fill me with confidence. Don't think either of them are long term options.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Sais was good at 10, but Stanley and Toupou don't fill me with confidence. Don't think either of them are long term options.

I'm not a Stanley fan, but his defence was awesome last night I thought. Still very one dimensional in attack though.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

No your initial whinge. The Cook try. The maul. Although you seem to change them like the wind so I am starting to lose track.

As for MMM he made no effort to use his arms. That's it. The law is black and white.

Maybe you need to study the laws of the game a little.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
No your initial whinge. The Cook try. The maul. Although you seem to change them like the wind so I am starting to lose track.

As for MMM he made no effort to use his arms. That's it. The law is black and white.

Maybe you need to study the laws of the game a little.
you need to get your facts strait. I didn't say anything about the cook try. I thought it was fine. Please quote the post in which I "whinged" about the bulls try from the maul

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Watched the game twice now and I have come to the following conclusions.

1. Sias should've ten going forward. Kicking and passing was solid but I was more impressed with his defence.

2. Cummins needs a wake up call as his positioning in defence was poor.

3. If Tupou is to the 15 then he needs to start running as his kicking is awful. I imagine the coaches want him therefor his counter attack but at the moment I am not seeing it.

4. Stanley while solid is not the type of 13 we need outside of Godwin, we need a 13 with punch.

5. Cottre and Lynn are defensive animals their tackle counts must have been hitting 20's

6. Alcock>hodgson

7. Nathan Charles should teach gill how to kick.

Really impressed with last night. Force unlucky not to take home a point

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Watched the game twice now and I have come to the following conclusions.

1. Sias should've ten going forward. Kicking and passing was solid but I was more impressed with his defence.

2. Cummins needs a wake up call as his positioning in defence was poor.

3. If Tupou is to the 15 then he needs to start running as his kicking is awful. I imagine the coaches want him therefor his counter attack but at the moment I am not seeing it.

4. Stanley while solid is not the type of 13 we need outside of Godwin, we need a 13 with punch.

5. Cottre and Lynn are defensive animals their tackle counts must have been hitting 20's

6. Alcock>hodgson

7. Nathan Charles should teach gill how to kick.

Really impressed with last night. Force unlucky not to take home a point
Hahaha. Teach gill. Lol. It was very uncharacteristic from cummins though. His defence is usually one of the best in super rugby.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Charles should learn how to throw a lineout, and stop all the rubbish off the ball niggly crap he pulls every game.........

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I've had to say it before and will say it again. One Force fan whinging does not make all Force fans whingers.

I thought the Ref was good for 60 mins and then average at the end. But what the Force lost on a few inconsistent calls they certainly gained on not having a few guys in the bin. We infringed constantly and blatantly.

The result was correct. We played quite well and the Bulls played poor to average. At Loftus that equates to a Bulls win.

Going forward I think Toupu needs to go to the wing, Mafi to full back and bring Rasolea into 13. Alcock for Hodgson too.

9. Matthewson
10. Eberhson
11. Toupu
12. Godwin
13. Rasolea
14. Cummins
15. Mafi

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I like mafi on the wing to much but he does seem to be the most valid option at 15 I would like to see Stubbs get a call up as well when fit. Possibly at 15

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I've had to say it before and will say it again. One Force fan whinging does not make all Force fans whingers.

I thought the Ref was good for 60 mins and then average at the end. But what the Force lost on a few inconsistent calls they certainly gained on not having a few guys in the bin. We infringed constantly and blatantly.

The result was correct. We played quite well and the Bulls played poor to average. At Loftus that equates to a Bulls win.

Going forward I think Toupu needs to go to the wing, Mafi to full back and bring Rasolea into 13. Alcock for Hodgson too.

9. Matthewson
10. Eberhson
11. Toupu
12. Godwin
13. Rasolea
14. Cummins
15. Mafi

Yeah I think CTM and stubbs need to have a crack at 13 and 15. The force have nothing to lose by trying to nail down who is quality and who is not. All these blokes are pretty much playing for a contract extension.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Everyone needs to get over the whole whinging crap. There is a difference between whining and telling it the way it is. Chargerwa is probably right though. We were lucky not to be binned for repeated infringements at the maul.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah I think CTM and stubbs need to have a crack at 13 and 15. The force have nothing to lose by trying to nail down who is quality and who is not. All these blokes are pretty much playing for a contract extension.
Is that what this year is about? Nailing those backline positions so next year we can compete for top 6? I don't think force fans can expect much more then that.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
you need to get your facts strait. I didn't say anything about the cook try. I thought it was fine. Please quote the post in which I "whinged" about the bulls try from the maul

Ok maybe I got the whinger wrong. It was such a bloody cacophony I didn't know up from down.

:D

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Frans Ludeke says that was the Bulls worst performance in 5 years. Must think of the Force very highly.

It was fucking horrible. I don't know if it was five years but that was one of the shittest Bulls performances I have watched in a very long time.

The forwards were disjointed. Did nothing to protect the pill. I can make a long list but can't be bothered. We won't make the playoffs like this. Not even close.

D

daz

FWIW, I felt quite justified giving the Force a bit of a touch up based on the loss against the Kings last week.

To be fair then, I thought the Force did a good job against the Bulls and very nearly took the chocolates in what is one of the tougher trips in world rugby.

Sure, there were a few bad bits, but it was only in the last 10 that the game got turned around which was, frankly, bound to happen.

Plenty of stuff to keep the fans happy. They went down with a fight to a better team. Only just, though, so well done.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
One of the biggest factors has to have been the state of the pitch. It looked like they were running on an ice skating rink. Only the Bulls new winger managed to get any swerve on. All of the big boys were pretty much locked into going straight (not such a bad thing). Probably helped the Force compete because looking at our defensive line, the Bulls outside backs would have cut us to shreds on surer footing.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Just managed to watch the game now. Well done Force much better, wish you'd played like that last week as well.

Loved MMM knocking out Dutchmen left right and centre

Dias played well and the defence was good!

Was gutted when the last try was scored. Well done though enjoyed that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.