• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bulls V Force RD 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Ref's inexperience showed as he never carded the Force. He clearly gave them a final warning and then warned them again. And MMM should have been binned for a shoulder charge. 9 our of 10 refs would have sent him off no doubt.

There was nothing wrong with the Bulls try and the commentators were right. It was not the Bulls pack's fault that the Force defense disintegrated. If you think he should have blown that then half of tries scored from driving mauls will never happen. They set the maul with most of the Force pack bound and blew them away. That deserves points.

Anyway it's time for neutral refs but to call the game a sham because of this ref is complete rubbish and just more delusion from Force fans.

The Force are simply inept at closing out games. How many times have they been ahead with ten to go and they end up in a panic and lose? Hold on to the ball and control the game. If you canlt do that you cannot win games. It's simple.

Bulls will not make the playoffs if they keep playing this kind of inept rubbish at home against a weaker team. And they have lost Basson.

Anyone want to take a side wager that Foley will drop Ebersohn?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Shoulda been an obstruction on that maul with no Force player bound at the end. But that's rugby...

Nope, not according to the laws. If the maul moves and defensive players disengage because of the forward movement there is no problem. It's when a static maul starts moving with no defensive engagement that is against the law.

There are two reasons to blow up a rolling maul - it starts with no defensive players bound or it breaks up and then the ball carrying pod is not engaged with defenders. Non of this happened. One maul, started moving, and kept moving. Simple really.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I didn't think the ref cost the Force anything. As usual the Force played 70 good minutes, and 10 minutes that were terrible. They deserved a BP for sure, but that isn't how rugby works.

Pointing fingers at the ref misses the point totally. He made a few 50/50 calls but nothing that was outright wrong. The Force should look inward to work out why it all went to shit in the last 10.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Agree with Blue about the yellows. 3M was lucky, as was Cummins - I have seen stuff like that carded plenty of times.

It is also fair to say the Force failed to close out that game. Poor play gave it away.

That being said the ref definitely gave the Bulls a leg up late in the game after not carding the Force earlier. A gift three points from the wrong call on Alcock to get back within four, then a soft call on Godwin when the Bulls did worse when 2m out, such as when a Bulls prop flopped on the ball on all fours as the Force attacked.

I don't like people saying stuff about "cheating refs", but there were some mistakes. What the Force need to do is be good enough to remove the ref from the game, but instead they threw passes to no-one, let the Bulls maul through them and kicked the ball away on the full midfield. All in the last 10 minutes.

I think the Bulls were the better team, but not by much. Their rolling maul won the game for them in the end, getting key field position and points.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Agree with Blue about the yellows. 3M was lucky, as was Cummins - I have seen stuff like that carded plenty of times.

It is also fair to say the Force failed to close out that game. Poor play gave it away.

That being said the ref definitely gave the Bulls a leg up late in the game after not carding the Force earlier. A gift three points from the wrong call on Alcock to get back within four, then a soft call on Godwin when the Bulls did worse when 2m out, such as when a Bulls prop flopped on the ball on all fours as the Force attacked.

I don't like people saying stuff about "cheating refs", but there were some mistakes. What the Force need to do is be good enough to remove the ref from the game, but instead they threw passes to no-one, let the Bulls maul through them and kicked the ball away on the full midfield. All in the last 10 minutes.

I think the Bulls were the better team, but not by much. Their rolling maul won the game for them in the end, getting key field position and points.

Gotta take the positives. The Force put in a competitive performance against a good side at a very tough venue. It might not have been a win but it's not like we are going to be competing for the finals so a close loss isn't so bad. Especially after last weekend against the Kings. I think it says for 2014 that if the Force had a little bit more firepower and tightened up in a few areas we have the potential to win games against good teams and hopefully get out of the double digits on the table.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ref's inexperience showed as he never carded the Force. He clearly gave them a final warning and then warned them again. And MMM should have been binned for a shoulder charge. 9 our of 10 refs would have sent him off no doubt.

There was nothing wrong with the Bulls try and the commentators were right. It was not the Bulls pack's fault that the Force defense disintegrated. If you think he should have blown that then half of tries scored from driving mauls will never happen. They set the maul with most of the Force pack bound and blew them away. That deserves points.

Anyway it's time for neutral refs but to call the game a sham because of this ref is complete rubbish and just more delusion from Force fans.

The Force are simply inept at closing out games. How many times have they been ahead with ten to go and they end up in a panic and lose? Hold on to the ball and control the game. If you canlt do that you cannot win games. It's simple.

Bulls will not make the playoffs if they keep playing this kind of inept rubbish at home against a weaker team. And they have lost Basson.

Anyone want to take a side wager that Foley will drop Ebersohn?
What a pile of crap. MMM didn't even attempt the tackle. He was ran into and probably came off second beast. It was never a card.

I do agree with the mail try. We struggled defending the maul and was our worst part of the game.

As for the ref. I thought he did a good job up until we were on attack and he decided to award a penalty for sealing off. It was happening the whole game and this penalty stopped us on attack about 40m out and put the bulls in a great position to win the game. It was just terribly inconsistent. How can they hold the ball when yet get penalised for something that has not been called for 75 minutes.

I think the force deserve a win. At least a point. Very unlucky. The bulls were very average.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I didn't think the ref cost the Force anything. As usual the Force played 70 good minutes, and 10 minutes that were terrible. They deserved a BP for sure, but that isn't how rugby works.

Pointing fingers at the ref misses the point totally. He made a few 50/50 calls but nothing that was outright wrong. The Force should look inward to work out why it all went to shit in the last 10.
I think you are spot on barbarian but its hard when you get penalised for something Both teams have been doing the whole game while on attack for the win. Even after the sealing off penalty the bulls had Men diving over the ball and there was no penalty.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
One more thing. Before anyone has a go about myself talking about the referees performance. Jut because someone talks about a referee making a bad call doesn't mean he is winging. It's just pointing out what happened. I thought over all he did a good job.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
One more thing. Before anyone has a go about myself talking about the referees performance. Jut because someone talks about a referee making a bad call doesn't mean he is winging. It's just pointing out what happened. I thought over all he did a good job.
But the issue is that you are completely wrong about the incident in question.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
But the issue is that you are completely wrong about the incident in question.
What one? The card? This is not a yellow card. The way e looks away it almost looks like he didn't expect it too happen. MMM was also running across field. I could understand a ref calling it a penalty but not a yellow but the again I have seen the same things been given as yellows.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362287344.862045.jpg

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362288206.524514.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362288237.316783.jpg

First photo is strait after Godwin was penalised for sealing off. As you can see this is blatant sealing off there was no one to clean out. He goes strait onto his knees no penalty. The second is Godwin cleaning out and is called for sealing off.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
First one looks like a blatant penalty, and the second one he's not supporting his weight........

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
First one looks like a blatant penalty, and the second one he's not supporting his weight....
The second one he is in motion cleaning out. Probably right though. On His hands? Deserved a penalty because he could not clean out the big guy. Lol

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't think it's all doom & gloom at the Force they've played some good rugby & will win some games at home. They've been shafted with the draw hopefully they don't have many injuries by the time they get all their home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.