• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bulls vs Waratahs - Super Rugby Rd11 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Tahs deserved more than this. Game was there didn't have the execution to bring it home, what a shame.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ouch, that must hurt the Tahs right there at the end.

Was hoping for a Tahs win. I think they actually played better than the Bulls for the most part. Good game to watch though.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Ref has been shit

But the waratahs lineouts, discipline and execution has been way below par

That said this could easily have been and almost was a bonus try victory if the line out had just functioned and not created so much pressure for us

bulls were relentless and deserve the points

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
No, they're down by 6. You need 3 penalties, you're going to need to score a try.

I'd be tempted to threaten for the draw in that scenario. I might be the minority though.

Anyone think they took the experienced players off too early? I know you've got to give your young guys game time, but maybe chuck them in the outside backs?

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
not sure about the substitution of mckibbon and foley in the 65th minute. Foley should probably have stayed at least.

Lucas didn't give us anything there at the end. He really looks like a ball boy who they accidentally sent out.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Can people now stop asking for Lucus to replace McKibbon? Why would you kick it away when you need possession and a try? That is so 2012.... If they had got Foley to start taking our kicks early WR (World Rugby) may have had a shot.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Ref has been shit

But the waratahs lineouts, discipline and execution has been way below par

That said this could easily have been and almost was a bonus try victory if the line out had just functioned and not created so much pressure for us

bulls were relentless and deserve the points
The Bulls play a territory game. If you can't win a line out then they can make 50 60 yards with 1 kick and take your line out where you have to run it and risk making a error in a dangerous place on the field

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Brainless from the tahs camp, replacing key players And poor dicipline with a player like Morne Steyn against you.
Doesn't get easier until round 15.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
20 minutes in and its doubtful that the officials have got one marginal call correct.
This ref is repeating his earlier season's performances: whinge and he'll give you what you're after.
Is his appointment part of AusAid?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
This ref is questionable but the Bulls should have been up by more at half time. They had the momentum but a combination of small errors when it mattered and the Tahs strategy of rather giving away the penalty in their own 22 paid off. Three of the penalties Steyn kicked were from blatant professional fouls but that's the game.

Maybe one day Cheika will shout at the Tah players before the game and not leave it to oranges.

The problem I have is that M Steyn deserves to be picked at Bok 10 again. He has been vintage. Meyer will pick him. Meh.

He will also pick Kruger for the Boks even though he is off to France but there is no better option at 5 in SA right now.

Note to Bulls management: PLEASE recruit better props. It's been fun but it's enough now.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Saw the replay this morning after an internet and iphone embargo to avoid learning the score.

Some thoughts:
Tahs Lineout was atrocious. 8 throws turned over, and two not straights. You can not gift possession like that to the Bulls and expect to win.

Bulls front row weakness kept the Tahs in the game. There will be generations of Saffer fatties disgusted with that capitulation.

Hooper is getting better after a shaky start to the season. On recent form, assuming Sir George is available for the Wobs, you would have to choose Hoops over Gill as the 2nd #7.

Foley would feel hard done by being pulled after that knock on. I thought it was dropped backwards, maybe that is my wishful thinking. That turnover was the turning point of the game. Foley had a good game up until then.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) passed the ball .... and we didn't score from it.:( The rugby gods have dictated that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is not to pass the ball and in the unlikely event that he does, we are supposed to score from it. Why do they punish us so?

Folou: 8 runs for 120 metres 5 tackle busts, 1 linebreak, 1 offload. Very solid game.

Crawford was solid on the wing.

M Steyn probably did enough to get a Bokke jumper. This will be good for the Wobs chances in TRC.

Tahs have issues at #2 despite TPN's heroics.

Tahs simply didn't execute well enough to win that game.

It galls to say so but the Bulls deserved their victory.

Reactions: BPC

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Foley would feel hard done by being pulled after that knock on. I thought it was dropped backwards, maybe that is my wishful thinking. That turnover was the turning point of the game. Foley had a good game up until then.

My viewing is paused at 20 mins in and he's already put 2 out on the John Bull.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I thought at the time foley and mckibbin were pulled due to exhaustion. The lead up to the 3rd try was intense with a lot of end to end play.

Reactions: mjw
Status
Not open for further replies.