• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Can you tell the difference between these jerseys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
While we are on the discusion of jerseys, why doesn't SANZAR include an official heritage round? Most of the clubs have been around long enough to don something interesting and nostalgic once a year.

L

Linus

Rebels-Super-Rugby-Jersey-2012.jpg
12-brumb-home-jsy-ws_large.jpg

Sorry here are the alternates.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
i don't know what the rebels didn't get something unique, if they claim its because Victoria has blue as a state colour they should be named the victorian rebels.

Don't even get me started. The two logical choices is they could have been the Victorian Rebels, or they could have just been the "Rebels" and let their catchment area be defined as wherever they could develop a fanbase (obviously limited to Vic, SA, and Tas).

Those were the two logical choices, but they wanted to link in with the brand created by a team that existed for 3 months and got shitty crowd numbers.

T

TOCC

It's one of the Brumbies many sponsors, but obviously not their main one...
its the Brumbies sleeve sponsor...and the stormers main sponsor..

Just elaborating on what old mate was saying about both teams having the same sponsor on their jerseys

wilful

Larry Dwyer (12)
Victoria has been navy blue since forever. meanwhile, the Brumbies, the ACT, what even is that? It's not even a State. Brumbies away strip should be mostly gold with a bit of blue and should have been worn for this game. Rebels at home get to wear their dark blue jersey.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Victoria has been navy blue since forever. meanwhile, the Brumbies, the ACT, what even is that? It's not even a State. Brumbies away strip should be mostly gold with a bit of blue and should have been worn for this game. Rebels at home get to wear their dark blue jersey.

The ACT colors are obviously navy, white and gold...

It's a bit rich for supporters of a team in their second year to call for changes of an opposition jersey that has existed for 16 years with no issue.

Maybe the Rebels shouldn't have modeled their design on a similar kit?

The Brumbies jersey is light, and their alternate dark.

It works fine, and a yellow jersey, aside from being ugly, would have no functional use.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Don't even get me started. The two logical choices is they could have been the Victorian Rebels, or they could have just been the "Rebels" and let their catchment area be defined as wherever they could develop a fanbase (obviously limited to Vic, SA, and Tas).

Those were the two logical choices, but they wanted to link in with the brand created by a team that existed for 3 months and got shitty crowd numbers.
It's just marketing speak.

The Wallabies come from Qantas yeah?

If you can't determine the Rebels represent Victoria, you fail as a supporter, understanding the basic concept of Super Rugby.

I don't mind having 3 references to the team though, gives you flexibility with songs.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Their state flag is gold, white and navy blue. More gold, 2/3 split.

Don't get me wrong, I like taking the piss out of the ACT when I can.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Are you suggesting that all the other Australia teams should be the colours of the union jack?

wilful

Larry Dwyer (12)
Are you suggesting that all the other Australia teams should be the colours of the union jack?
No I'm suggesting that teams that have historic attachments to State (or even territory) colours should use them, particularly as their home jersey, and if they're playing away, they should simply flip their colours.

Victoria has been for a very very long time navy blue with a touch of silver. So their home jersey is blue with some white (and some red). The ACT has had a more recent connection with gold and medium blue. Their home jersey should be blue and gold (i.e. what it is). When playing away, they should be gold with some blue.

Not too hard.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No I'm suggesting that teams that have historic attachments to State (or even territory) colours should use them, particularly as their home jersey, and if they're playing away, they should simply flip their colours.

The Brumbies already do this, utilising a jersey design they've worn for 16 years since the inception of the competition... :rolleyes:

Next thing you know Force fans will complain about the Waratahs' sky blue...

Victoria has been for a very very long time navy blue with a touch of silver. So their home jersey is blue with some white (and some red). The ACT has had a more recent connection with gold and medium blue. Their home jersey should be blue and gold (i.e. what it is). When playing away, they should be gold with some blue.

And red isn't in Victoria's state colours, or Queensland for that matter...

And no shade of blue is related to WA...

Not too hard.

But awfully dumb...

Status
Not open for further replies.