• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Canes v Reds @ TheCakeTin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's seriously hard not to play the man when comments like this get vomited up.

The Canes were great but the Reds were not shit and anyone with half a dozen good brain cells and two eyes can see that.

The Canes had all the ball and all of the territory but with 8mins to go the Reds could've taken the lead if not for Simmons decision to kick instead of pass.

Cooper had some shockers but most of them was when he was trying something on advantage and Genia has been average for ages so this is nothing new. If that's all you've got then pack up the keyboard champion and move on.

Anyway, that was a really fun game to watch. Canes showing why they're so hot right now, taking every chance they were given with half breaks being converted and lovely hands. The Reds showing again that they are not far off the pace yet seemingly unable to do the extra 5% required.

I will never understand why we kick so much ball away unnecessarily though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, you gotta remember the Canes are playing great rugby and Im glad the Brumbies have already got them.. Just like we got the Force early..

Hang on we have beat the Canes havn't we ... I friggen hope so cos there's a reason there top NZ team at the moment.

Cooper is Cooper.. I think his best when he has great support.. I really love the Cooper To'omua .. even Cooper Lealifiano set up.. A guy who loves to try anything to win sometimes to his detrement (its why we love to hate him) and 2 guys who can calm him.. its why To'omua was so good at 12 cos when Cooper started going to crazy he just slotted right in and gave Cooper a cool head.

Genia's my Halfback first up for the Wobs... if he doesn't look great White is start in :)

Im a Brumbies fan and I can see this seasons been unlucky on who you hit at the time.. I dont think RG's the coach for you.. But lets be serious I would bank on you guys more then most teams.. luck of the draw luck of the bounce... Brumbies are high but half a bounce you would have knocked us off twice

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Just catching this now and reading the comments above prompted me to go and look at these couple of gems.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...nt-of-richard-grahams-coaching-ability.10334/

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...am-to-quit-the-force-and-join-the-reds.10612/

Looking like his issue currently is Defence. Those two try's to Jane in the first half were pure defensive system failures.

I love all Aussie Rugby teams and only want the best for the Reds (unless they're playing the Force, obviously), but none of us were sad to see Dick leave the Force and looking at those old threads most Reds supporters were none too happy to receive him. Not sure what the answer is, but at this point I'd hope the Reds hierarchy are sniffing around to see what quality coaches are available for next year.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
RG's gamble of Daley to LHP was a dismal failure. Scrum got belted until Slipper wenmt to LHP and Greg Holmes came on - then Reds scrum was dominant.

Carmichael needs to make some hard chouices in respect of Genia and to a lesser degree Quade and James Horwill.

Our backs were just dominated out wide.

QC (Quade Cooper)'s kick - WTF was he thinking

RG must be under real pressure now.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
mate - he was poor - everywhere

100% disagree. 11 tackles in how many minutes? His workrate is high.

the scrum wasn't dire by any means when he was on.

A lot better when he was off, but it wasn't as bad as you suggest and was by no means the reason for the loss.

the trend of the recent games, in my eyes, has been that the backs have lost it for us. the forwards have almost won us recent games, but we've been let down by our backs.

That's where I'd be focusing much of the attention.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
obviously you definition of "dire" is totally different to that of the objective observer, well, at least to me
The scrums were terrible in the first half and improved markedly in the second

T

tranquility

mate - he was poor - everywhere

I agree, he had a very poor game in my eyes. Even if he workrate was high, his effectiveness was almost negligible. I made that call before the game, and unfortunately will bear the egg on the face.

I don't think he is a bad player, but I think on current form he doesn't necessarily deserve a senior contract.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Daley was at pillar for one of the Canes' tries. He sat on the tryline and the Canes player scored at his feet. Think he got hooked soon after.

Pretty sure we lost a tighthead and gave away possession under pressure from at least one other scrum while he was on too.

It was a poor decision from Graham, I think. His workrate may have been good, but overall I think it was a loss.

The whole defensive system has issues. It's too passive - we got camped in our half by the Canes because they simply walked the ball back downfield. We seemed to stay on the gain line and drift, and not commit to rucks to fan out. The result was that they recycled possession too easily and then gained ground around the ruck too easily.

In 2010 - 2013 our defensive system won us games - we rushed up aggressively and put pressure on teams. We committed to rucks when the turnover had a chance. We counter attacked in 2010 - 2012 pretty well.

Against the Canes, we didn't counter attack, we normally just kicked it back or run into the defence without shifting the ball. We sit on the gain line and fan out. We either give up loads of penalties at ruck time competing, or just don't compete the whole game and watch teams sit in our half due to them marching the ball back down field with ease and recycle without pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.