• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2019

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
On the other point of imports for waves, Miles, Ronald, LHW and Aisea Aholelei are all new this year (plus another '3 boys starting term 4'. Their team may be evident but its also heavily influenced with some new kids + 3 unheard of.

CAS do you have any issue with the following Barker boys from this years team?

Pollard
Wilson
Dring
Cameron
Reimer
Nercessian
Galloway

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Those barker boys are pure and noble?

Or those barker boys are all scholarship kids, as shore didn’t want them?

I do agree some good footballers have been landing at Birrell street... but whether Nick politis is the man picking up the tab, or it’s a byproduct of Waverley beating joeys in 2017

Who knows who cares

And as joker has identified...My sauces are rubbish ... and frankly probably just levels the playing field as barker and Knox definitely offer scholarships...even to Waverley boys as happened recently

Anyways 2019 I think going to be an even comp ... and all look competitive imho

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
CAS do you have any issue with the following Barker boys from this years team?

Pollard
Wilson
Dring
Cameron
Reimer
Nercessian
Galloway

Not sure what your trying to get at but if Im correct most of those boys have had at least 1 or 2 years of barker rugby (Except for Nercessian). As for Galloway hes been at barker since year 4, pretty sure pollard and cameron came through the prep school aswell.

Theres a difference between growing and developing great rugby players & outright sourcing them from another school/club a week before the season starts.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Well I guess for starters majority of games it was either 11/15 or 12/15 were year 11 this year in the side, had very little experience in playing 1xv as they were all playing 16's last year and hence why they struggled this year. Knox's Class of 2018 (this years year 12) came 6th or 5th in the 16's when they were playing there, reflective of where they finished up this year. If most of the 16's from last year were playing 1xv this year which they were, they are playing against 18yo's who have had an extra year in the opens program which is very physically demanding for them. Which I think was pointed out by one of the other users in the 2018 forum when they said it was one of the smallest knox sides hes ever seen, which is also reflective of most of them still being 16/17.

On the other point of imports for waves, Miles, Ronald, LHW and Aisea Aholelei are all new this year (plus another '3 boys starting term 4'. Their team may be evident but its also heavily influenced with some new kids + 3 unheard of.

Fair call casrugby2017,

Some of the boys mentioned actually came to Waverley because other schools didn't want them, 1 in particular, and 2 of them have started in year 10.
I also think all schools have offered spots before, it is not new.

Your Knox team next year sounds like it will be strong, much like the Cranbrook team from this year.
That's great for CAS rugby and it is very unlike Knox not to be strong.

jack tsalakas

Bob McCowan (2)
I feel like next year it will be a race between Knox/Waverley. It was a building year for Knox in 2018 and no doubt they will have a big pre season

jack tsalakas

Bob McCowan (2)
Also
I feel like next year it will be a race between Knox/Waverley. It was a building year for Knox in 2018 and no doubt they will have a big pre season

For waverleys team next year your forgetting some 16s players this year like Jeager, Braham, and Ferguson and the fullback for 16a's this year
And for the backs you have Fagin coming back I think.
and then I think Charlie howe who played 3s unlucky not to play higher this year could maybe move the backline around a bit playing 10 or maybe even 9 watching him in the welsh game he has a great pass

theres no doubt that waverley will be the frontrunners into 2019.... Cant wait

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
Also to keep in mind, the CAS 16's Class of 2019 had plents of NSW Schools Reps.

In the 16a's nsw schools, hawkes (T) , pollard (B), galloway (B) & constable (K). Also, LHW was in the team but was in CCC at the time.
In the 16b's nsw schools, cameron (B) , kablau (K) , rechner (K) , hughes (K).

Hopefully for some of these boys they can replicate what they did as a 16 now at opens (much like pollard & hawkes have done this year).

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Also

For waverleys team next year your forgetting some 16s players this year like Jeager, Braham, and Ferguson and the fullback for 16a's this year
And for the backs you have Fagin coming back I think.
and then I think Charlie howe who played 3s unlucky not to play higher this year could maybe move the backline around a bit playing 10 or maybe even 9 watching him in the welsh game he has a great pass

theres no doubt that waverley will be the frontrunners into 2019.. Cant wait

Jack, Love your enthusiasm here, but as yet not sure that the players you have mentioned are opens proven, let alone make the Waves front runners. They may be, but a long long way to go.

From what I see there is a new school of boys that will be joining the 1st XV ranks for many schools, but Cranbrook,Knox, and Barker have a large number of 1st XV boys back from this year.

So from what others are saying it's between Barker, Knox and Cranbrook in 2019.

I am also told Aloys and Trinity will have some returning experience and will threaten.

IF all that happens, the finishing board may look something like this :

1st : Barker/Knox/Cranbrook
4th : Aloys/Trinity.
6th : Waverley.

Wait and see.

J Dog Fenton

Peter Burge (5)
Too true WLF, as good as they may be in the 16's, its a completely different game transitioning from 16's to opens. I think Knox will be a serious threat this year with their program changing over the upcoming summer season and there being 14/15 of the projected team having started in the 1st XV sometime throughout the 2018 season this bringing a lot of experience to the paddock which the younger boys just won't have. Knox will be the sleeping giants of the 2019 season

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
From what I have personally seen this year, observing most CAS schools 1st and 2nd XV's, and seeing a few 16A's games, I can say that just about all CAS schools have genuine reasons to be optimistic for the 2019 season.

I will say this.

Barkers 1st XV team next year will not be as strong as this years championship team but it will not be a also ran like 2015/2016.

Knox will be stronger next year than this year.

Trinity have a few stars in the making for 2019 but will it result is a successful season? This year was not a good season despite the stars in the side.

Cranbrook will be a contender in 2019.

Waverley with Hutchinson-Walters will be a huge threat.

Aloys will be a disruptor as they are every year, but not a title threat.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
If Hutchison Walters is the Boy who carved up Barker a couple of times wearing jersey 24 could someone please buy him a jersey with the right number (even I will chip in if the hat is passed around) - and he is one to watch. The ease with which he ran through the backline belies his years. I can see another double v rep coming with higher honours. Where do these kids come from?

ruckman7

Peter Burge (5)
Not sure what your trying to get at but if Im correct most of those boys have had at least 1 or 2 years of barker rugby (Except for Nercessian). As for Galloway hes been at barker since year 4, pretty sure pollard and cameron came through the prep school aswell.

Theres a difference between growing and developing great rugby players & outright sourcing them from another school/club a week before the season starts.

Pollard and Cameron both started in 2017

Rugby1019

Frank Row (1)
@rodskellet do u have a predicted Barker 2019 lineup? Would love to hear your thoughts considering your knowledge on the players available.