• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2019

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
College of k . nice baiting.

Imports .. I beg to differ . I think Waverley's resurgence (in rugby) is attracting talent. Rather than vice versa

Although I would like to see Waverley also have a resurgence in academics. I am the nut job that sees merit in a St Clares/Waverley amalgamation.

Knox .in 2019 .I think are rightfully favourites. have thought this for a while . based on my knowledge of this age group, and confirmed by P Parker's excellent spreadsheet

I forgot that they (Knox) beat shore . 2 they have most GPS scalps. Cranbrook's hopes I think diminished when Joeys poached (imported/enticed/insert appropriate word) Jude Gibbs.

I don't know that all Cranners starting 15 were at Brook in year 7.

Whether Waverley will be undone by their tough preseason. time will tell

What I do know is there are going to be 3 titanic games in 15As, 16As and 1st xv

Knox are strong in all 3 grades . so there will be great arm wrestles . in 2 weeks.

Who is the indigenous star in the Knox 15As? He is one to watch. Shame the 15As is on North Shore. the dark-side

I know you know your Rugby, BUT P.parkers excellent spreadsheet, based on results v the BEST GPS schools doesn't point to Knox being favs at all.

noeyeddear

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great read. I still think the Newington backs had a big impact. Their strength down the left side really put them on the front foot on multiple occasions.

Hi Rod, you are right about their edge attack being fantastic. The thing is it was the #8 who made the 2 long runs attacking in the outside channels, one of which he scored from. He had a whale of a game. Depending on your vantage point, it would easily have been mistaken for one of the centres breaking away given the speed he showed.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Hi Rod, you are right about their edge attack being fantastic. The thing is it was the #8 who made the 2 long runs attacking in the outside channels, one of which he scored from. He had a whale of a game. Depending on your vantage point, it would easily have been mistaken for one of the centres breaking away given the speed he showed.

That could be true Noeyeddear. I was on the flat on score board side and the big breaks were on otherside of field. I did see the red card which was just unfortunate for both players. I rate Newington. They have some game breakers in their side. That said I think Barkers CAS season will be better than most people expect. If they put their best side on the paddock they will give the best sides a run for their money.

Guys, you are very dumb, this is NOT a WAVCOL message you send, very obvious, hope your school can be at least competitive, but probably just a dream, AGAIN!

WE ARE ONE,
WE ARE MANY,
AND FROM WAVERLEY WE COME.
WE PLAY RUGBY,
PLAY WITH DESIRE.
I AM,
YOU ARE,
YES,
WE ARE WAVERLEY
I AM,
YOU ARE,
YES,
WE ARE WAVERLEY!

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
CAS predictions for Round 1

Cranbrook v Barker

This should be a great battle ... both teams have some high quality players.

Cranbrook probably have more firepower in the backs with high quality 9 (Smith) and big & fast 13 in Peter North, and a good attacking 15 in Oli Lamens ....but also some good forwards in 8 Alex O'Reilly and 1 Hugo Hayman .

Barker has a massive weapon in Aussie Schools Billy Pollard (2) and probably the best CAS front-row (with Brown and Wilson), plus big, tall & mobile Jordan Cameron(4). Kyle Galloway on the wing is electric .... and a sure thing for higher Rep honours. While Barker also has an excellent playmaker in their (10) Hilton Ovenden.

My money is on Barker ... as Hornsby has not been a happy hunting ground for Cranbrook. In 2014 when Cranbrook last beat Barker it was at Horden.

My tip ... Barker in a high scoring match ... decided on the bell.

Waverley v Knox

Another awesome game ....key match-ups (subject to injury):

Playmakers - Waverley's Volkman versus Darcy Fitzgerald

Centres - Rooster's Lathan Hutchinson-Walters v nsw schools 2017 Sam rechner

Frontrowers - Aisea Aholelei v Kablau

Backrowers - Moretti & Fretton & Baker versus Cheal , longhi and Gratwicke

My tip Waverley with the difference being the rabid QP crowd.

Match of round ... depends on where you live ... as have 2 high quality matches ... one North ... and one South.

Aloys v Trinity

I am probably not the best to comment on this one... but I think the 2 weeks off for Trinity should prove the difference

However could be close one ... and Aloys definitely have some fight in them, and Trinity similarly have some high quality players.

My guess is Trinity's tougher pre-season should stand them in good stead

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
CAS predictions for Round 1

Cranbrook v Barker

This should be a great battle . both teams have some high quality players.

Cranbrook probably have more firepower in the backs with high quality 9 (Smith) and big & fast 13 in Peter North, and a good attacking 15 in Oli Lamens ..but also some good forwards in 8 Alex O'Reilly and 1 Hugo Hayman .

Barker has a massive weapon in Aussie Schools Billy Pollard (2) and probably the best CAS front-row (with Brown and Wilson), plus big, tall & mobile Jordan Cameron(4). Kyle Galloway on the wing is electric .. and a sure thing for higher Rep honours. While Barker also has an excellent playmaker in their (10) Hilton Ovenden.

My money is on Barker . as Hornsby has not been a happy hunting ground for Cranbrook. In 2014 when Cranbrook last beat Barker it was at Horden.

My tip . Barker in a high scoring match . decided on the bell.

SDW. Your thoughts on Waves v Knox?? I think Waves by 15+ especially at QP.

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
"Can confirm Cranbrook 16a’s should have sent more players. Especially with their strong pre season results. Will be great to see them beat the Knox and Waverley 16a’s again this year."

A few Cranbrook boys who would have gone, are unavailable to trial for CAS u16's due to injury

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
"Can confirm Cranbrook 16a’s should have sent more players. Especially with their strong pre season results. Will be great to see them beat the Knox and Waverley 16a’s again this year."

A few Cranbrook boys who would have gone, are unavailable to trial for CAS u16's due to injury

Unless things have changed dramatically this year in yr 10 at Cranbrook, their team that has come through the ranks has never come close to beating Waverley or Knox, and I mean within 30 points of either team in the 13's, 14's or 15's. So unless there has been a huge influx of new players, I highly doubt the pre-season results really mean very much. Sorry to hear some of the boys are injured however!!

S

sidelineview

Yes WLF, I know he's not playing with them but they are getting him a bit of experience in training. I dont even think boys are allowed to play firsts in year 9? Might be wrong.

Year 9 boys have been regular 1st XV starters in the past.
I dont think Waverley has a policy on this.

S

sidelineview

Year 9 boys have been regular 1st XV starters in the past.
I dont think Waverley has a policy on this.

Sorry, I got that wrong.
15 year olds from year 10 have been regular 1st XV starters in the past.
Not sure about Year 9 starters.