• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cas Cricket 2023/24

Mandy Sparecereo

Frank Row (1)
Greetings all, excited for the upcoming CAS season coming up. Got a nephew at St Aloysius and I am hearing good things coming out of their camp, a few young guns set to shake things up. It will be tough to beat Cranbrook but it will be a good competition this year with the likes of Knox and Aloysius fielding strong sides. Looking forward to it.

FrU

JohnnyOhns

Stan Wickham (3)
Cranbrook will still be the team to beat. Retaining 7 of the 1st XI players from last year I believe, with one being in year 9 last year and another in year 10, the rest year 11's. All of these players are very strong and should lead them to another convincing premiership. The 4 remaining spots will be tightly contested, the 16's from Cranbrook were quite a good age group, winning the premiership, but no standout performers in the team. As and old boy of the school and father, to my knowledge the 15's are a very strong age group and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them playing in the XI. Should be another successful year for the best schoolboy team around.

JO

Mandy Sparecereo

Frank Row (1)
Cranbrook will still be the team to beat. Retaining 7 of the 1st XI players from last year I believe, with one being in year 9 last year and another in year 10, the rest year 11's. All of these players are very strong and should lead them to another convincing premiership. The 4 remaining spots will be tightly contested, the 16's from Cranbrook were quite a good age group, winning the premiership, but no standout performers in the team. As and old boy of the school and father, to my knowledge the 15's are a very strong age group and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them playing in the XI. Should be another successful year for the best schoolboy team around.

JO
Any word on how the Konstas boys are doing? Any plans for the future?

Mandy Sparecereo

Frank Row (1)
Post your predictions for tomorrow gents!
Here are mine:
St Aloys vs Brook - Going for an upset here, Aloys at home up against the reigning premiers will be motivated and will be a real test of character for the boys from Milsons Pt here but I can see a shock result with them getting up.
Barker vs Waves - I think it should be a pretty comfortable Barker win and they will be one of the main competitors all season.
Knox vs Trinity - A good matchup here and should be a cracker. This will be a big early test for both sides and I can just see Knox getting up here and nicking a win (no pun intended).
Anyway, great to have the cricket back and looking forward to some great games.
FrU

Mandy Sparecereo

Frank Row (1)
Any thoughts going in to day 2? Didn’t go so great with my predictions last weekend. I think Trinity will wrap it up quickly and Cranbrook should be able to get the job done. It’ll be interesting to see how the Barker game plays out.

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
Cranbrook's team are looking very good this year as always, I have no doubt this team is capable to win their 5th consecutive CAS title.

Last edited:

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
My predictions:

Cranbrook v Trinity- Possibly the biggest game of the season, Trinity will be a very good side, I feel as if Brook will be better. A marginal win to Brook.

Waverley v Knox- A very tight game, judging by Knox's first round, I would expect a very close affair. I would give this to Waverley.

Barker v Aloys- After Barker's poor batting performance, I think Aloys will win.

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sam Weir is in the form of his life, getting consecutive centuries in the last two weeks, with reaching 154 runs against a strong trinity side.

Heard Aloys thirds were 9/3 against brook this past weekend, then a little lad called chizman scored about 198 in 17 overs, seriously where does this school find all this talent, well in from FW for being a great night watchman.