• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Yeah he is passionate and he did give a good report.
He'll be back im sure.

Azzuri liked him.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
HB,

I have never thought of you like that, and will not again.

Yes Guys, I have been banned for the last 10 days or so by the cyclo, and he has kindly allowed me back into the forum.
I awoke one morning to be told that I was banned immediately for 2 weeks, I didn't know why, so I asked kindly for a reason, and got NO reply at all.
Poor manors imo, I hope Cyclo is able to respond to a fair request!

I have since gone back to the post to Azzuri to see what I could possibly have said that was not fair, and guess what,the evidence has been erased.

Whilst I certainly understand, I have been a dog with a bone (for the good rugby future reasons I believe) I will put to you something worth considering.

The defining issue in my mind is, I would much rather be" annoying" if for the sake of some forward thinking then NASTY.

I did try, in my deleted post, to smooth things over, the finals becon.
Bring them on.

Rod talk to me again, and I am more than happy to do match reports for our games!

WLF.

P.S. i think Cyclo needs to be be more transparent and obvious with his notifications,AND IMPORTANTLY, reasons why?

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Hi WLF

Welcome back. As sidelineview said G&G is not a democracy.

I think the key thing is that as adults sometimes we must learn to curb our passion and enthusiasm for the game, that is schoolboy rugby. The role we play is important, as many of the kids read this stuff, so our responses should always be sensible with an eye to being cautious so as not to offend.

I will never blog or write anything that I am not happy to put my real name to. I think it is a approach that has served me well in the past. I like all of you, can sometimes get carried away with certain issues at times.

I love the colourful names all you guys have and it is part of the wonderful set up that G&G is, and I would not want changed.

We need as many good natured passionate contributors to this site as possible. It makes our game more relevant and it is important as rugby does need passionate supporters in this day and age.

So lets all return to the field of play and light up the keyboards.

Lets hope all the schoolboys make it through the national championship injury free and can make the last three rounds of the CAS comp a cracker.

See you in the CAS Writers 2017 blog WLF.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
HB,

I have never thought of you like that, and will not again.

Yes Guys, I have been banned for the last 10 days or so by the cyclo, and he has kindly allowed me back into the forum.
I awoke one morning to be told that I was banned immediately for 2 weeks, I didn't know why, so I asked kindly for a reason, and got NO reply at all.
Poor manors imo, I hope Cyclo is able to respond to a fair request!

I have since gone back to the post to Azzuri to see what I could possibly have said that was not fair, and guess what,the evidence has been erased.

Whilst I certainly understand, I have been a dog with a bone (for the good rugby future reasons I believe) I will put to you something worth considering.

The defining issue in my mind is, I would much rather be" annoying" if for the sake of some forward thinking then NASTY.

I did try, in my deleted post, to smooth things over, the finals becon.
Bring them on.

Rod talk to me again, and I am more than happy to do match reports for our games!

WLF.

P.S. i think Cyclo needs to be be more transparent and obvious with his notifications,AND IMPORTANTLY, reasons why?

No, he doesn't. If you want Q&A, watch Tony Jones on a Monday.
Read the forum rules - if you can't find them, try harder.
If you can't abide by them, don't waste yours, and everyone else's time.
It's simple. Most people manage just fine. It's the only the ones who won't / can't that whinge.

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
WLF,
I hope Cyclo comes back to you with a response.

Not sure if it involved you but a number of posts a couple of wks ago were deleted for being specifically focused on an individual player.

S

sidelineview

WLF,
I hope Cyclo comes back to you with a response.

Not sure if it involved you but a number of posts a couple of wks ago were deleted for being specifically focused on an individual player.

No, he should only communicate via PM, if he doesnt get a reply forget about it.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
I saw this Youtube link on the Waverley sport page

Was Rod Skellet's recollection of the try of the year accurate?

Maybe I got the initial positioning wrong. and I thought the forwards were involved but clearly my excitement scarlet coloured my glasses. To all accept my apologies. It was still a great try by Hollingworth-Disssent.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
And the try of the year was excellent. What a game. Thank you SLV for posting it up and to you Rod for alerting us to watch out for it. Well worth the hour of putting the phone on DND, shutting the office door and pretending to look busy...

S

sidelineview

And the try of the year was excellent. What a game. Thank you SLV for posting it up and to you Rod for alerting us to watch out for it. Well worth the hour of putting the phone on DND, shutting the office door and pretending to look busy.

Well I'm glad you didnt make any more passing wind jokes, otherwise I may have thought you were being immature.

It was an entertaining game and a very good defensive effort from both teams. However, the defence of CAS in the first half was something else.

Having watched it a couple of times now, I'd still give MOM to Donaldson, but If I was selecting a State team, I'd want to build that team around three players: 4 Moretti, 7 Stead and 8 Cornish.

All can attack, especially Moretti, but their defence was really strong.They're all mobile enough to cover a lot of ground, and make dominant tackles; they either put them on the ground or hold them up. Brutal defence that's enough to put a smile on any coaches face.

I'm not discarding anyone else, I'd just start with those 3.

By the way, the bloke who jumped up and blocked the view of the celebration for the try of the year, and everyone thought 'sit down boofhead'' was Lachlan White from Trinity, the NSW1s coach.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Agreed and on watching this I'm even more convinced Stead was the unluckiest player coming out of this match not to be picked in NSW 1s (though i havent seen anything of ISA's Freeman this year, so can't fairly compare them)

Status
Not open for further replies.