• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
7-0 to Waverley after 15. Have had bulk of possession, and missed penalty.
W forwards dominant and K have lost a couple of line outs and seem to be kicking for field possession

W 14-0 after 20

W 21-5 approaching HT

W 26-5 at HT

S

sidelineview

The Juggernaut will take the field in just over 7 hours & here is a song you might hear led by" The Captain"!

Boom chick boom chick boom chick ahhhh
We are Knoxy here we are
Let's have a Warrawee..
Ruck it tight
Never lose
We're born to rule
So clean our shoes
The ladies know that we're the men
To provide and return to our decadent den
We're smarter stronger and best on the eye
So expect at the end we win you cry
Into your peasant custard pie
K..N..O..X...ahhh Knox!

47 to 17 Waverley

S

sidelineview

Then at the end of the match echoing well into the night:

We love you Knoxy
Oh yes we dooooo
We love you Knoxy
The black and blue
We love you Knoxy
We dooooooo
Oh Knoxy we love you
Blue clap clap Black clap clap
Blue clap clap Black clap clap
Ooh ahh let's hear it
Ooh ahh double power now
Ooh ahh ahh ooh ooh ahh
Ooh ahh Knox ❤️

Lost 17-47

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well done to Waverley winning the 1st's and 14A's premierships....2 very good teams. Looking forward to next season already.

ruckman7

Peter Burge (5)
Trinity undeserving winners against Aloys 21-19 in a tight as game. Aloys gave it their all and were dominant in forwards but mistakes by players and officials as well as hollingworth dessents pace won trinity their rightful send off to their year 12 boys.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Well done to Waverley winning the 1st's and 14A's premierships..2 very good teams. Looking forward to next season already.

Nice to say g'day today mate, there will be many more years ahead.

Cheers!

J Dog Fenton

Peter Burge (5)
Death Valley, what a shit show that was. Credit to both sides, they gave it all on the field and it was a game full of big collisions. The composure from both teams on the field was great, with waverley putting on a show as per usual against the 'Knox Juggernaut'
But.
The waverley old boys display was horrific. the chat coming from the sideline from them was just straight up disgraceful to the school and the boys on the field. It was embarrassing to watch. you could hear the abuse from them to the knox boys from the other side of the ground.

Great game to watch and awesome from both sides. Atmosphere was ecstatic but the old boys really let the waverley boys down.

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
Haven't seen a bigger crowd at QP - given the importance of the day, the multiple old boys' reunions and the beautiful weather there was plenty of support for Waverley. The old boys in particular, having arrived in droves 10 minutes before kick-off after rolling down the hill from the Robin Hood hotel were very willing to offer suggestions as to how the Knox hooker could improve his lineout throwing.
Waverley were primed for the game and played smart rugby in the first half, denying Knox the ball for long periods of time then flinging it out the backs. Knox tackled manfully but four tries to one was a fair indication of the half. In the second half Knox got a lot more ball and got it back to 26-17 at one stage but again the 47-17 end result was a fair indication. Knox's three tries were of the forward rumble/pick and drive variety, whereas Waverley played their ensemble game to good effect.
The weight of expectation on the shoulders of the Waverley players was obvious as a few shed tears after they won in emphatic fashion and were mobbed by the rapturous crowd. Knox manfully skirted the rushing crowd and stood dutifully to the side to allow the Double V to escape the crowd, and then shake hands with each other. There was a great deal of obvious mutual respect.
This was a special Waverley 1st XV and it was nice to see that they won with flair in front of a big and appreciative crowd. And with the 13A winning 70-0 against knox to take the CAS title and the 14A also having an undefeated CAS season the post-2017 dip may only be temporary.
I did wonder for a moment how the highly paid full-time rugby administration at Knox feel about Death Valley after ending up 3rd in the Henry Plume Shield and losing 1sts-4ths. But I didn't dwell on it.

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
Death Valley, what a shit show that was. Credit to both sides, they gave it all on the field and it was a game full of big collisions. The composure from both teams on the field was great, with waverley putting on a show as per usual against the 'Knox Juggernaut'
But.
The waverley old boys display was horrific. the chat coming from the sideline from them was just straight up disgraceful to the school and the boys on the field. It was embarrassing to watch. you could hear the abuse from them to the knox boys from the other side of the ground.

Great game to watch and awesome from both sides. Atmosphere was ecstatic but the old boys really let the waverley boys down.

Horrific ? Gee they breed 'em tough up Warrawee way by the sounds of it.

meat1head

Peter Burge (5)
some photos from today's game

dc6d7cc0f2237694fcb47f40b84ca071.jpg

5f40652f51421e5cd4aa2fa69abe91c1.jpg

11b23b6f531695a411f6cf1c4f214878.jpg

old fella2

Frank Row (1)
But.

old fella2

Frank Row (1)
I stood amongst the Waverley old boys. Your allegations of misconduct against them are entirely baseless. There was a little good natured banter at the Knox wingers clean jumper. He smiled at it. Therefore , the thing that is "horrific" is you making slanderous comments from a key board.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
But.

J Dog,

I am a Waverley old boy, 3rd generation,my boys are 4th, so I have also been very strict about sideline comments over the years.
Today I was in the middle of the young old boys, and told them to pipe down a few times.
But.
I think you are over reacting, I heard nothing, other then banter - which happens at most schools, so please do not try and side track the fact that this team, and their supporters, were 1 of the most superb attacking teams we have seen for a long while.

I also applaud the Knox boys and their supporters who stayed behind and clapped a rather special team.

Status
Not open for further replies.