• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Williams is on big money and didnt get results. Waverley whitewashed Knox in Round 8 by winning the 1sts 2nds 3rds 4ths and 16As. Waverley, coached by teachers put Knox to shame. If Williams, as an employee had KPIs its natural his employer would question him.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Williams is on big money and didnt get results. Waverley whitewashed Knox in Round 8 by winning the 1sts 2nds 3rds 4ths and 16As. Waverley, coached by teachers put Knox to shame. If Williams, as an employee had KPIs its natural his employer would question him.

KPI 27 out of 30 1st xv championship games in last 3 years...not too bad really

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
William88, great review, I won't change your incorrect predictions but do love your analysis.

I will make 1 comment,the waves boy to watch is the no.8 this year,who will be in year 11 in 2017. If anyone has a young lad in another school who is a rising star,without putting too much pressure on them, keen to get your opinion.

Moretti wont play 8 Eden Rogers -Smith will now he is something special

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
2016 results disappointing compared to the results of teacher/coaches. Questions would be asked.

At the end of the day 1sts joint premiers and 2nds premiers...its hard to argue like him or not. But hey g and g CAS thread would be boring without people to throw rocks at him

S

sidelineview

At the end of the day 1sts joint premiers and 2nds premiers.its hard to argue like him or not. But hey g and g CAS thread would be boring without people to throw rocks at him.

Waverley were 1sts joint premiers and 2nd in the 2nds comp for a lot less money spent
No fancy overheads.
They would have won the 2nds as well but too many players were missing due to a scheduled school trip to Timor. They only lost 20-22.
Doesnt make the Knox professional set up look good but its nothing personal, its just business

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
There is a bit more to waverlys improvement than 2 teachers /coaches. They have a number of young players who have come through randwick rep teams together with the roosters system , a very strong skill base to start with. As you know a number of these boys still play rugby outside of school.The seconds coach deserves a lot of credit as he has developed a number of the boys at randwick

S

sidelineview

Thats true. A good group of players with rugby experience as well as skills developed in league.
They should have good depth next year as well. All the coaches were very good as well as the rugby convenor John McCoy. They formed a good team. You may be referring to the 3rds coach specifically? He added a lot to the overall coaching

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Thats true. A good group of players with rugby experience as well as skills developed in league.
They should have good depth next year as well. All the coaches were very good as well as the rugby convenor John McCoy. They formed a good team. You may be referring to the 3rds coach specifically? He added a lot to the overall coaching

Yes Mr Donaldson....

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
KPI 27 out of 30 1st xv championship games in last 3 years.not too bad really

Unfortunately when you pay big bucks to professionals in an amateur competition, with a school with the biggest player base to draw from and the best facilities going around, I would have thought that 30/30 is the only acceptable KPI. 'Not too bad' is high praise for a teacher/coach, for professionals I'm not sure the decision-makers see their investment reaping the rewards they expect.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Unfortunately when you pay big bucks to professionals in an amateur competition, with a school with the biggest player base to draw from and the best facilities going around, I would have thought that 30/30 is the only acceptable KPI. 'Not too bad' is high praise for a teacher/coach, for professionals I'm not sure the decision-makers see their investment reaping the rewards they expect.

I would expect nothing less from you BJ.. oh thats right it is schoolboy rugby

S

sidelineview

I would expect nothing less from you BJ.. oh thats right it is schoolboy rugby

Its true. As with any business or professional outfit, it is results driven. What criteria determines successful results in this instance is debatable, but from has happened this season, the powers to be at Knox Grammar would be questioning their future options regarding their rugby programme.
Has their investment been justified? What are the reactions of the fee-paying parents?
The evidence is damning considering the Waverley rugby teams out performed those of Knox and the amateur Waverley teacher/coaches were much more successful.
The Waverley coaches didnt have the same pressure to win placed on them. They enjoyed it and encouraged their players to do the same. They knew they would still have a job as a teacher next year, and certainly now will be reappointed as coaches.
There must be a moral in that somewhere.
They were lucky they had strong depth of talent but no more than and maybe less than Knox.

Mick Garrick

Frank Row (1)
1.Connor Thomas (2nds )
2. Matt Coghill (1sts)
3.Daniel Buffa (1sts)
4. Mack Northcotte (1sts Injured)
5. Harry Flaherty (1sts elevated from 16As)
6. Luke Reimer (1sts)
7. Jeremy Hutton (1sts)
8. Luke Melchior (1sts)
9. Tom Williams (1sts)
10.Van-Woerkom (1sts)
11. Simon Marais (1sts)
12. Will Lloyd (1sts )
13.Ben Bryden (16As )
14. Conner Bastow (1sts )
15. Harry Dunning (2nds )

Other players in the mix include, Kitchener, Tjeck, Haywood, Story, Charlmers, Locker.

1. Connor Thomas (2's)
2. Matt Coghill (1's)
3. ? (Buffa is OVERaged and will not be playing this season)
4. Mac Northcott (1's)
5. Harry Flaherty (16a to 1's)
6. Jeremy Hutton (1's)
7. Hugh (Not Luke) Melchoir (1's)
8. Luke Reimer (1's)
9. Dave Tejeck (1's)
10. Will Harding (Missed season through injury)/ Jayden KW (1's)
11. Ben Bryden (16a)
12. Matt Graham (16a)
13. Will Lloyd (1's)
14. Connor Bastow (1's)
15. Falito Van Woerkom (1's)

Agree with other players in the mix and adding Angus Collison (7 for 16a) to that list
Also, Hayward is in year 12 currently (underaged) and will not play this season. Barker looking strong and very threatening for the upcoming season.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Heard on the grape vine at the awards night that there is some solid talent enrolled for 2017 in year 10 for Barker. Will give some depth. I still think Waverley and Knox will be the front runners next year but with Reimer, Coghil, Flaherty, Lloyd, Van Woerkom, and a bunch of other blooded 1st XV players, Barker will be a tough assignment for all schools.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Heard on the grape vine at the awards night that there is some solid talent enrolled for 2017 in year 10 for Barker. Will give some depth. I still think Waverley and Knox will be the front runners next year but with Reimer, Coghil, Flaherty, Lloyd, Van Woerkom, and a bunch of other blooded 1st XV players, Barker will be a tough assignment for all schools.
Rod, couldn't agree more this Barker side now has experience and will be a major player in 2017. That is 1 of the reasons my rankings are as follows :
1. Waverley
2. Barker/ Aloys.
4. Knox.
5. Trinity.
6. Cranbrook.

Status
Not open for further replies.