• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard powell

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi dick,

Great to see the mighty Aloys 16as continue to be very good, jeeze they punch above their weight, clearly plenty of skill and ticker.
Is your boy in this team?

From all reports the Barker side is solid and will be a force in the CAS, what are your thoughts re Aloys 1st XV?

Talk soonish re our catch up.

richard powell

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi dick,

Great to see the mighty Aloys 16as continue to be very good, jeeze they punch above their weight, clearly plenty of skill and ticker.
Is your boy in this team?

From all reports the Barker side is solid and will be a force in the CAS, what are your thoughts re Aloys 1st XV?

Talk soonish re our catch up.

richard powell

Allen Oxlade (6)
IMO i thought for Aloys it just was one of those very "off" days where most things they tried they failed to execute. Make no mistake I think Barker are a very good side. They are well coached and i think there is 4-5 players there they are really well above average. How good are they? I think we will no more in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully Aloys will have learnt from their mistakes which included some average kicking and a rare case of the dropsies. I think they have room for improvement and I like the way they play. There is actually some real talent in the side so to the Aloys faithful i say stay strong.
As far as the 16-As are concerned they seem to just keep trucking along without much fanfare and certainly without too much notice from other schools. Like other teams of this age they have lost Splading and Pollack to the 1st xv but remain competitive.

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It's good for CAS to have both schools competing against Joeys this week.

Does Joeys have separated change rooms for both visiting teams?? - not your normal 1sts/2nds situation.

Also of interest was talking to a GPS coach about some of the shenanigans that Joeys gets up to with visiting teams - reportedly one viaiting GPS team didn't even use the official change room last year, such has been the behaviour in the past

Bargo

Frank Row (1)
I was looking on the Barker website and are the Barker 1sts playing Joey's 2nds this week and 3rds the week after? Then I think the 16As this week are playing the Joeys 16Bs then Joeys 16As the week after? I don't the point in that perhaps I'm misreading their draft draw or are the match ups being drawn up after each weeks results.

S

sidelineview

I was looking on the Barker website and are the Barker 1sts playing Joey's 2nds this week and 3rds the week after? Then I think the 16As this week are playing the Joeys 16Bs then Joeys 16As the week after? I don't the point in that perhaps I'm misreading their draft draw or are the match ups being drawn up after each weeks results.

Yes, it's a double header at Hunters Hill on Saturday. It should be very entertaining rugby along with the other games.

It looks like the organisers are mixing and matching teams to try to produce evenly matched games.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)

Sorry to intrude on the discussion but I saw the Alos 16A's play and watched the firsts match. The 16A's were well behind at half time but fought back showing a lot of character and not giving an inch which bodes well for Alos next year in the opens. They are a great little team. As to the 1sts, they played with spirit as well and did not give in but were just unlucky. I expect over the next couple of games they will iron out a few issues and develop a bit better conditioning. I dont think they are to be written off by any means.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Tricky keeping track of all these trials. The remaining matches for

Knox:

13/5 - v New @ Knox

20/5 - v Scots @ Scots

27/5 - v Joeys @ HH

As far as I know they are matching up team for team (1sts v 1sts, A v A etc) where each school has a team of the same grade.

Waves:

13/5 - 1sts v Joeys 1sts @ HH
2nds ?

20/5 - 1sts v New @ QP

27/5 - 1sts v View @ View

Barker:

13/5 - 1sts v Joeys 2nds @ HH
2nds v Grammar 1sts @ Weigall

Aloys:

13/5 - 1sts v High 1sts @?

Trinity:

13/5 - ?

Brook:

13/5 - ?

Is anyone able to comment on balance of the trials?

Bargo

Frank Row (1)

Knox:

13/5 - v New @ Knox

20/5 - v Scots @ Scots

27/5 - v Joeys @ HH

As far as I know they are matching up team for team (1sts v 1sts, A v A etc) where each school has a team of the same grade.

Waves:

2nds ?

20/5 - 1sts v New @ QP

Barker:

Aloys:

Trinity:

13/5 - ?

Brook:

13/5 - ?

Great List CatchNPass makes it a lot clearer. I believe Trinity are versing Brook this weekend.

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)

Knox:

13/5 - v New @ Knox

20/5 - v Scots @ Scots

27/5 - v Joeys @ HH

Waves:

2nds ?

20/5 - 1sts v New @ QP

Barker:

Aloys:

Trinity:

13/5 - ?

Brook:

13/5 - ?

Waverley 2nds v Joeys 3rds No 1 Oval Hunters Hill

S

sidelineview

Is that game at 2:00 before the firsts? Or 1:00?

Waverley 1st XV vs Joeys 1st XV @ 3.15pm - SJC1
Barker 1st XV vs Joeys 2nd XV @ 2.00pm - SJC1
Waverley 2nds vs Joeys 3rds @ 1.00pm - SJC1
Waverley 3rds vs Joeys 4ths @ 12.00 - SJC1
Waverley 16As vs Joeys 16As @ 11.00am - SJC1
Waverley 15As vs Joeys 15As @ 10.00am - SJC1
!4As @ Queens Park 1 @ 12.00
13As @ College A @ 1.00pm

Waverley 16Bs vs Joeys 16Cs @ Joeys
W 16Cs vs Joeys 16Es @ Joeys
W 16Ds vs Joeys 16Fs @ Joeys
W 15Bs vs Joeys 15Cs @ Joeys
W 15Cs vs Joeys 15Ds @ Joeys
W 14Bs vs Joeys 14Bs @ Queens Park
W 14Cs vs Joeys 14Cs @ Queens Park
W 13Bs vs Joeys 13Cs @ College A
W 13Cs vs Joeys 13Ds @ College B

No idea who Joeys 16Bs, 15Bs and 13Bs play

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sideline, pretty sure those teams play Barker As

Sideline you are an insider what is the john dory with Rogers-Smith being in the 2nds? And must say I am surprised that Murphy hasn't been elevated to a wing spot ... seeing as Towns is unfortunately out :(

Anyway those 2nds players will be well rested come 3:15 pm, having played at 1 pm.

Any update on Joeys team .. hopefully Tom Eveleigh (12) is playing and Dowling (9)?

S

sidelineview

Sideline, pretty sure those teams play Barker As

Sideline you are an insider what is the john dory with Rogers-Smith being in the 2nds? And must say I am surprised that Murphy hasn't been elevated to a wing spot . seeing as Towns is unfortunately out :(

Anyway those 2nds players will be well rested come 3:15 pm, having played at 1 pm.

Any update on Joeys team .. hopefully Tom Eveleigh (12) is playing and Dowling (9)?

No idea about ERS. I'm as surprised as you; he's too good for 2nds. Hopefully he will get game time in the 1sts.
They will miss Towns.

Murphy's second game back from a serious shoulder injury so they're taking it easy with him which is wise. He got some game time in the forwards in 2nds last week.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Does anyone have team lists for tomorrow?

Its always interesting to see who has been selected in a particular grade

Would be great if you could post a copy of the team lists on this forum from a game day programme. Please :)

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Does anyone have team lists for tomorrow?

Its always interesting to see who has been selected in a particular grade

Would be great if you could post a copy of the team lists on this forum from a game day programme. Please :)

AS,
Here is the Waves 1st XV team list.

1. W McCormick
2. W Johnston
3. F Wright
4. F O'Sullivan
5. H Whiteman
6. L Cornish
7. J Ellis
8. L Moretti
9. M Bell
10. B Donaldson