• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAS_RumourMill

Bob McCowan (2)
Good news... the Rumour Mill is back in action. It was clear to all who were at Knox' festivities last week that they will (rather surprisingly given their capitulation to stannies only a matter of weeks ago) be a force in the GPS/CAS trials this year. Nick Frost looked impressive, playing similarly to a Sydney Uni 2nd rower (word is he will either be going direct into their colts program or Crusaders training camp) as soon as the schoolboy season is done. More
Good news for Knox too with Tom Woodcock and Billy Collins having a strong presence on the field and will more than be in the mix for NSW1 this year. But should the Knox supporters be pleased? Riverview without a doubt were underprepared and with 15 minutes to go looked absolutely exhausted. I'd leave another week before Knox were confident with their processes. I still feel they have a lot to prove against a Kings side which comfortably dispatched Waverley last week. If nothing else though, the coaches will be able to sleep much easier knowing they will not go 0-5 through the first combined rounds.

S

sidelineview

Knox demonstrated their true prowess on Saturday, but will only continue to be more dominant.

Frost played so well on Saturday, he made some piercing line breaks that showed his true caliber and as usual his work in the air was phenomenal.

I also want to make a shout out to Hansen for all his hard work in the off season, paying dividends and rightfully earning him that 9 jersey. An unsung hero from the weekends clash.

Thanks to all the supporters on Saturday.

We have only just began, our best is yet to come.

It was only a trial match

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Riverview without a doubt were underprepared and with 15 minutes to go looked absolutely exhausted. I'd leave another week before Knox were confident with their processes. I still feel they have a lot to prove against a Kings side which comfortably dispatched Waverley last week.
I completely agree that Knox should not get ahead of themselves and suspect kings will be a tougher match, but why is it without doubt RV were under prepared? They had just come off a successful 3 match tour of the US - the same number of trials Knox has played. And I understand they have been training for several months. In an entertaining match with some good skills shown on both sides, the better team won on the day. No excuses were given by RV following the match nor are any required now.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Good news. the Rumour Mill is back in action. It was clear to all who were at Knox' festivities last week that they will (rather surprisingly given their capitulation to stannies only a matter of weeks ago) be a force in the GPS/CAS trials this year. Nick Frost looked impressive, playing similarly to a Sydney Uni 2nd rower (word is he will either be going direct into their colts program or Crusaders training camp) as soon as the schoolboy season is done. More
Good news for Knox too with Tom Woodcock and Billy Collins having a strong presence on the field and will more than be in the mix for NSW1 this year. But should the Knox supporters be pleased? Riverview without a doubt were underprepared and with 15 minutes to go looked absolutely exhausted. I'd leave another week before Knox were confident with their processes. I still feel they have a lot to prove against a Kings side which comfortably dispatched Waverley last week. If nothing else though, the coaches will be able to sleep much easier knowing they will not go 0-5 through the first combined rounds.

CAS RM,

I believe things will change again after just 1 round, a slight correction in the Kings v Waves game. Kings were solid and deserved to win, but a warning, Kings didn't comfortably dispatch Waverley, Waverley dispatched Waverley.

I predict Knox will defeat Kings, if you get my drift!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Are you referring to the players on the field, or those occupied elsewhere last weekend?

MOA99,

Not sure which post you are referring to, if it is my last post re Waverley dispatching Waverley, I mean no one else but the players on the field.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Are you referring to the players on the field, or those occupied elsewhere last weekend?

We did have key players elsewhere but I will never blame the boys, those types of things must be fixed by adults, and a lot of us are NOT HAPPY about the school coming second. Fortunately it won't happen again this year but needs future attention with our new Head of School IMO.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
looking forward to Shore v waverley

Waverley team is pretty close to full strength ... so no excuses:

1. McCormick
2. Johnston
3. Wright
4. O'Sullivan
5. Whiteman
6. Cornish
7. Ellis
8. Moretti
9. Bell
10 Donaldson
11. Wallace
12. Hardaker
13 Towns
14. Howard
15 Andrews

Maybe only surprise is Rogers- Smith is in the 2nds. I can only guess that must be some disciplinary reason, as he is a monster leaguie, who is going to do some damage in the 2nds

Shore coming off the back off a loss to Barker, will be looking to bounce back. So will be a good litmus test... as if Waverley are to be genuine CAS title contenders they should be able to beat a Shore well beaten by Barker.

I am tipping a good day for Waverley ... so think they should win 1sts, 2nds, 15As, 14As and 13As ... but lets see if I get 5 from 5.

S

sidelineview

Waverley team is pretty close to full strength . so no excuses:

1. McCormick
2. Johnston
3. Wright
4. O'Sullivan
5. Whiteman
6. Cornish
7. Ellis
8. Moretti
9. Bell
10 Donaldson
11. Wallace
12. Hardaker
13 Towns
14. Howard
15 Andrews

Maybe only surprise is Rogers- Smith is in the 2nds. I can only guess that must be some disciplinary reason, as he is a monster leaguie, who is going to do some damage in the 2nds

Shore coming off the back off a loss to Barker, will be looking to bounce back. So will be a good litmus test. as if Waverley are to be genuine CAS title contenders they should be able to beat a Shore well beaten by Barker.

I am tipping a good day for Waverley . so think they should win 1sts, 2nds, 15As, 14As and 13As . but lets see if I get 5 from 5.

Rogers-Smith will probably get a run in the 1sts at some stage.

Tadgh Murphy has been named in the 2nds backline as well. His first game back from injury.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

1. McCormick
2. Johnston
3. Wright
4. O'Sullivan
5. Whiteman
6. Cornish
7. Ellis
8. Moretti
9. Bell
10 Donaldson
11. Wallace
12. Hardaker
13 Towns
14. Howard
15 Andrews

Shore coming off the back off a loss to Barker, will be looking to bounce back. So will be a good litmus test. as if Waverley are to be genuine CAS title contenders they should be able to beat a Shore well beaten by Barker.

I am tipping a good day for Waverley . so think they should win 1sts, 2nds, 15As, 14As and 13As . but lets see if I get 5 from 5.

SDW,

Yep, tomorrow is another day, and we all expect a major rebound given the talent we have in these age groups.
No GPS school is easy but I expect some distance in scores.

I think the 1sts will be stunned by last week and internally angry with themselves......... suspect a big score here at Death Valley.

15's not sure with their talent, plenty of heart.

The 14as still have injury issues, had 4 out last week against Kings, and 3 out tomorrow, but our back line is back to normal and assuming the ground size at Shore 3 is ok, I would like to think our back line,which has serious speed, will be pretty good.

The magic 13's should be fine, some serious talent in this age group, so SDW think you will be close re 5/5.

Take the Points

Frank Nicholson (4)

1. McCormick
2. Johnston
3. Wright
4. O'Sullivan
5. Whiteman
6. Cornish
7. Ellis
8. Moretti
9. Bell
10 Donaldson
11. Wallace
12. Hardaker
13 Towns
14. Howard
15 Andrews

I suspect the 1sts will be a very tight high scoring affair with both sides coming off loses and eager to bounce back. Shore by 5. 2nds - Waverly to win by a fair margin!

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
2nds Wav 49-21
1sts Wav 12-5 (Shore just scored). Shore look big, Wav look creative. Penalty count mounting against Waves but now 19-7 Waves. Waves always look dangerous with ball butShore has had weight of possession to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.