• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
When I left at halftime 14-7 to Knox over St Aug
Knox seconds up 3 tries to 1

heavy conditions limiting the entertainment factor.
Knox should win, but Saints not giving up. And showing some style in the backs.

Eyes Up Footy

Allen Oxlade (6)
FT at Hordern. Cranbrook win 47 - 12. Should’ve been 60+ with all the missed conversions. Much better performance from Cranbrook this week.

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
Cranbrook 47-12 Kinross
9 tries -2
Need a goal kicker - 8 missed conversions.
Cranbrook are big enough with some pace and skill but a bit loose at times. Solid performance
Kinross were very tough and tackled ferociously. Well drilled side but outmuscled generally.
looking at the other results against St pats and Augs - could be a close season.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
I know waves has always had strong depth and it’s no different this year but with all these injuries is it getting to the point where people who shouldn’t be playing 1st are getting the opportunity? Almost becoming dangerous having these boys play 1st XV

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
I know waves has always had strong depth and it’s no different this year but with all these injuries is it getting to the point where people who shouldn’t be playing 1st are getting the opportunity? Almost becoming dangerous having these boys play 1st XV
Agree H,

Today the 16as had 7 out, 2 through injury 5 playing the top grades, so the 16as got thumped which under normal circumstances would not happen.
Our 1sts had it's hooker playing prop, and it's flanker playing hooker with1 genuine 1s prop, the other is injured, the 2 props in the 2nds were also both out.

You are spot on re the dangers of playing boys up who aren't suitable for the 1s, that's why the team had to move some boys around into different positions, as they are 1s players, but it is just not the same.

Hopefully next week, the Waves will get a few 1sts back which will help all teams.
Today they lost by 1 penalty goal with 10 mins to go (right in front I might add!).

Bring on the next few weeks!