• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

scrumhead99

Ward Prentice (10)
Having now seen each team, my team of the season is:

1. Goddard (Knox)
2. Dowling (Waverley)
3. Ah-Colt (Cranbrook)
4. Ericsson (Knox)
5.Girle (Cranbrook)
6. Ryan (Knox)
7. Aboud (Waverley)
8. Niulala (Trinity)
9. Hatten-Ward (Trinity)
10. Turinui (Waverley)
11. Lyons (Waverley)
12. McDonald (Barker)
13. Enasio (Knox)
14. Harper (Waverley)
15. Poynton (Barker)

Like Reply

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Congratulations to the following CAS Students for their Aus u18’s selections. A fantastic achievement.

Will Goddard (Knox) - Starting 3
Sam Niulala (Trinity) - Starting 8

And Aden Ekanyake was a Barker Graduate from their incredible 2022 team is also in the team at no 6 and Captain of the team.

Well done to all those involved in their journey and hopefully we can get a win against NZ!

Despite the debacle that is the senior team, schoolboy rugby continues to be a shining light in the Aus rugby landscape.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
9CC00074-3580-44E4-84E8-42910EE2C2A3.jpeg

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Aden Ekanayake is one of the best stories in schoolboy footy.

He was never seen as a potential 1stXV player. He barely snuck in to the team… I believe he even played some of his junior footy in the B’s.

As of today he has captained the under 18 Australian 7’s team, and the junior wallabies….

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Well done to all those involved in their journey and hopefully we can get a win against NZ!

Despite the debacle that is the senior team, schoolboy rugby continues to be a shining light in the Aus rugby landscape.

It would help if we weren’t letting some of our best players rot on the bench… guys like Hwi Sharples, Boston Fakafanua etc.

Our juniors usually look great (apart from like 2020 or 21 when we lost to Argentina and then got killed by NZ by like 70), let’s hold on to these ones.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)

He was never seen as a potential 1stXV player. He barely snuck in to the team… I believe he even played some of his junior footy in the B’s.

As of today he has captained the under 18 Australian 7’s team, and the junior wallabies….
Incredible, well done to the young man.

This is why the net must also be cast wide, to make sure kids have more chance of succeeding and growing into the sport. Well done to Barker for helping him develop.

It is also two years in a row the Aus u18’s captain came through Barker. Well done.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

Love this bloke. He has so much potential.

Intrested to see how he goes in 15s long term as he still seems an athlete first but it reminds me of Nick Frost.

He’s a legitimate chance of going to the Olympics in 7s.

Homer

Larry Dwyer (12)
NSW U18s undefeated but only 5 starters? Also, I cant remember seeing a lot of these QLD names play last week. Were they in the Schools teams or the academy teams?

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Love this bloke. He has so much potential.

He's a great kid. And a really good player. As an aerial threat he's ridiculous, also massive in the line outs. He really needs to put on some size though.

Hopefully being in these elite pathways, he'll get the nutritional advice and weights program to get there. Cause he definitely has the commitment.

However, like you said he could choose to go gown the 7's route where that won't be as much of an issue.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
NSW U18s undefeated but only 5 starters? Also, I cant remember seeing a lot of these QLD names play last week. Were they in the Schools teams or the academy teams?

I feel like this first game must be merely a trial, because there's no way some of those NSW boys are actually sitting on that bench.

I mean the vice captain Hwi Sharples has been benched. Hopefully that's a tell we are just hiding our best for the second game on Monday.

Famed_Star

Allen Oxlade (6)
It’s interesting to see that Sam Niuala was chosen in the CAS 2nds team but then is starting in Aus schoolboys
Wasn’t even selected at backrow.. selected in the second row.

Not in the top 6 backrowers for CAS, but the best no 8 in the country..

just shows the continued inept choices of the CAS selectors.

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)

he didnt wear the right colour socks in the CAS competition

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
I feel like this first game must be merely a trial, because there's no way some of those NSW boys are actually sitting on that bench.

I mean the vice captain Hwi Sharples has been benched. Hopefully that's a tell we are just hiding our best for the second game on Monday.
Fowler Australian U/20’s # 10 !!

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)

Sammy is a no 8 every day of the week not a Lock, he's a super star of a kid on and off the field. I hope he has a blinder.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
Fowler Australian U/20’s # 10 !!

Yeah this is especially shocking given the inexperience of Joe Walsh in comparison (although he is a great player). This definitely isn't out strongest team. We are clearly saving them for later, not to worry.