• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
Flash news - a key back from Knox is out for the season and seen on crutches today - Believe its the Outside Centre .

C

Crash Ball SS

knox u16's have three players out, including no.13. Running out of cattle and looking very weak for this weekends clash

Any news on who the other two players are, hopefully not #1 prop (dynamic around the park, nose for the tryline) or #7 flanker (Skipper I believe) these two are in hot form after the clash with cranbrook

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
This week tips

Knox Vs Barker - Match of the round, The two top teams in my opinion. Barker with a couple of key players out due to 1's and hearing that Knox also have a few out injured. Barker coming of a powerful victory to Trinity and Knox with a less then satisfying win over Cranbrook. Think there is a upset coming, Barker by 12

Waverley Vs Trinity - Waverley should account for Trinity without any drama and win by a good margin. Although i do think Trinity have a lot of talent just can't back them after last weeks performance. Waverley by 30

Aloys VS Cranbrook - The much improved Cranbrook were very courageous in defeat last week and will be looking to back it up this week against one of the top sides. There first win ever is not to far away but can't see it happening this week especially at Aloys. Aloys by 15

Brookiebooster

Frank Row (1)
After watching the Cranbrook vs Knox game, I would highly consider Glastaras a potential prop for the 16's CAS team.

^^^If I'm not mistaken is the no.13 you claim to be injured the big center who wore head tape against Brooke? He was a very talented player. It would be very unfortunate not to have him in the 16's CAS team. How long is he out for?

B

BangladeshRugbyXV

Any news on who the other two players are, hopefully not #1 prop (dynamic around the park, nose for the tryline) or #7 flanker (Skipper I believe) these two are in hot form after the clash with cranbrook

news very bad knox team injure three player out, number thirteen injure very bad

barker look strong for saturday, many players very good

BangladeshXV predict: barker 19 knox 15

Bangladesh out

CAS_RumourMill

Bob McCowan (2)
CAS Rumour Mill LATE MAIL for the weekend is in. The under 16's will see some big blow away scores and some relatively close matches.

Knox vs Barker: Unconfirmed reports that Tom Cameron (13 Knox) has been sidelined are yet to be confirmed. Alas, the 16's for Barker have been traditionally strong in both the A's and B's grade. This will not be a walkover but it seems that Knox have far too much flair and firepower, particularly coming from fullback Fletcher Watson who has been playing some superb football after he was asked to re-invent himself just before their New Zealand Tour. Word has also come that talent scouters will be at this game keen to see talent for the upcoming representative season. Barker meanwhile have kept their preparation extremely low key with no news to report. The key will be which side can keep their composure under pressure. Knox have shown they are willing to play a high risk game but their execution has suffered. Their last game against Cranbrook, whilst being a comfortable win, should have been a 60 point ball game. You get the sense that Barker's no-frills style of football will definitely get under the skin of Knox. Knox to win by 13 but stranger things have happened.

Cranbrook vs Aloysius: Many people are predicting this game to be a complete blow out but yet we have seen from the Super Rugby season that this isn't necessarily true. Let's look at the Jaguares. Lost to the Sunwolves then posted 72 points the next week. Meanwhile the Sunwolves were able to come back from their public humiliation at the hands of the Cheetahs to steal their first Super Rugby win of the season. These big loses act as a wakeup call. In a school like Cranbrook, they're taken especially to heart. There wasn't much to get excited about for the Brook supporters but they will have fixed that this week. Aloy's meanwhile will continue their solid form and ultimately get the win here. Cranbrook will be a better side this week. Aloys by 22.

Trinity vs Waverley: Waverley have been the only side looking at beating Knox this year. Even with Byron Hollingworth-Dessent Trinity are a lost cause this year. There is nothing else to say here. Waverley by 30+.

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
apologies - my sometimes not sure if its a back or forwarrd son advises me that the boy on crutches is indeed trobec - out for at least a month . a massive loss to the forwards

dootzdistributor

Bob McCowan (2)
Predicted Knox line-up for this weekends fixture against Barker

1. James Frear
2. Sean Kennedy
3. Alistair Currey
4. Michael Daine
5. Dan Williams
6. Josh Ellis
7. Tim Fisher
8. Henry Kinsey
9. Reuben Dunn
10. Josh McInerney
11. Thomas Lee
12. Edmund Curtis
13. Ben Parsonage (Tom Cameron out for 2 weeks)
14. Ben Shariat
15. Fraser Wilson

B

BangladeshRugbyXV

Predicted Knox line-up for this weekends fixture against Barker

1. James Frear
2. Sean Kennedy
3. Alistair Currey
4. Michael Daine
5. Dan Williams
6. Josh Ellis
7. Tim Fisher
8. Henry Kinsey
9. Reuben Dunn
10. Josh McInerney
11. Thomas Lee
12. Edmund Curtis
13. Ben Parsonage (Tom Cameron out for 2 weeks)
14. Ben Shariat
15. Fraser Wilson

hello dootzdistributor team look very good

where is Ben Adams team captain? is he drop from team? he very good player, I surprise he drop, coach little bit silly

I count Ben Adams statistic for cran brook:
Tackle - 18
Run - 10
Metre - 81
Pilfer - 9

he make pilfer 9 very very good

Bangladesh out

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
all this BS about Cameron ... no doubt he is fine

and the moderators should zap the newbies ...

re sidesteppa footage ... Cranbrook have improved out of sight

ignoring the uncontested scrums, I see a lot of potential

they are eventually going to get a CAS scalp ... so good on them

hopefully they play this well against Waverley, as at least it will make the game more interesting

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
all this BS about Cameron . no doubt he is fine

and the moderators should zap the newbies .

re sidesteppa footage . Cranbrook have improved out of sight

ignoring the uncontested scrums, I see a lot of potential

they are eventually going to get a CAS scalp . so good on them

hopefully they play this well against Waverley, as at least it will make the game more interesting

Yes, the talk of injuries to Knox players in that game is odd considering that they all seemed to finish that game OK. Unless their training session was a bit harsh!

The Cranbrook side in the footage weren't totally bad, or at least as bad as their previous history may have indicated. So good on them for their improvement. It is a good sign for the CAS comp.

I did smile seeing the Cranbrook touchie not putting his flag up for a ball going into touch. The ball almost reached New South Head Road.

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thanks sidesteppa

Impressed by the Knox 5, one or both props and the speed on the hooker. Knox 14 was all at sea under the high ball and the scrum half struggled. Fly-half was ok. Tom Cameron must be in the CAS team.

Cranbrook half had a much better pass. Cranbrook looked positively skinny in comparison, lacking power and speed. However they look willing and well coached.

re the Cranbrook 3 - is he really a prop? Can he scrum? Was he a backrower wearing 3 because of uncontested scrums? Uncontested scrums from a 16A team the whole season is seriously embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.