• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinityforthewin

Frank Row (1)
Thanks sidesteppa

Impressed by the Knox 5, one or both props and the speed on the hooker. Knox 14 was all at sea under the high ball and the scrum half struggled. Fly-half was ok. Tom Cameron must be in the CAS team.

Cranbrook half had a much better pass. Cranbrook looked positively skinny in comparison, lacking power and speed. However they look willing and well coached.

re the Cranbrook 3 - is he really a prop? Can he scrum? Was he a backrower wearing 3 because of uncontested scrums? Uncontested scrums from a 16A team the whole season is seriously embarrassing.

G'day Karma police, in regards to the no. 3 from cranbrook. If i am not mistaken, he was playing in the back row for cranbrook 16 A's last year, Glastras? i think his name is?. Would love to know if anyone has more info

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)
Tend to agree that schoolboys like to get up to get up to a few of the old tricks. I have heard however, from non Knox affiliated people that Knox are missing Cameron (13), there seems to be some truth behind these rumours. Knox is also renowned for having early week contact sessions.

Interested to hear thoughts on Aloys #7 (Ramhe?), seems to be a consistent appearance in predicted CAS sides. Haven't seen much of Aloys play but would be interested to hear about him. Waverley have always produced league-born loose players and back rowers that will be in contention as well. Knox's #7 (Adam?)(c) from what I have heard and partly seen of can play a Hooper/Pocock type game, looking for pilfer opportunities and winning turnover ball. Have also heard however that he too, is injured this weekend. Nonetheless interested to hear thoughts on (Ramhe? A).

Predictions:
Trinity too weak for Waverley, although they will have improved from last week. (28-5 W)

UPSET: Aloys back line will have learnt from last weekend and therefore Aloys will comfortably win against Cranbrook (21-7 A) <-- Yes that's an upset.

If the Knox that we've heard so much about can play to their potential, they will have no problems with Barker (29-19 K)

I have watched Alex Rahme for the last 2 seasons through the rep program ... and he is a quiet achiever. He has a great work ethic, and is very physical defender. I would suspect he will be in the running come selection time.

FrontRowSymetry

Frank Row (1)
Unconfirmed reports that a key player in the 16s who had experience in 1sts from Barker is out for the weekend due to a shoulder injury. Not sure yet who it is, could be either Harry Flaherty or Ben Bryden.

mohammed.lee.bp

Frank Row (1)
Team lists anyone?

Barker 16A

1. Matt Turner
2. Josh Stals
3. Tom Bullen
4. Lochie Dring
5. Harry Flaherty
6. Henry Gray
7. Angus Collison
8. Luc Weymouth
9. Richard Marais
10. Jack Dudley
11. Sam Kirwan
12. Matt Graham
13. Ben Bryden
14. Isaac Fisher
15. Lucas Delavere

Knox 16A

1. Al Currey
2. Sean Kennedy
3. James Frear
4. Michael Daine
5. Fred Guest
6. Dan Williams
7. Tim Fisher
8. Josh Ellis
9. Reuben Dunn
10. Josh McInerney
11. Tom Leigh
12. Noah Derwent
13. Ben Parsonage
14. Ben Shariat
15. Ed Curtis

Show and go22

Bob McCowan (2)
My CAS 16s side comment if you see any other options
1. Frear (K)
2. Biviano (A)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Sullivan (A)
5. Flaherty (B)
6. Murphy (W)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tejeck (B)/ Disano (A)
10. Kitchener (B)/ Westbury (A)
11. Hollingsworth-Decent (T)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Quite like the idea put forward by PickandDrive420 on the CAS thread. Would be good to see this tested in the North v South match up at Cranbrook on 9 June as there don't appear to be any absolute stand outs among the regular ICs from A, B or K. That way both Kitchener (B) and Westbury (A) could be included:
......not sure about the uncertainty at fly half Kitchener will be a sure pick but I feel westbury might be a better option at 12 allowing better ball movement to the likes of Cameron and shariat​

dootzdistributor

Bob McCowan (2)
My CAS 16s side comment if you see any other options
1. Frear (K)
2. Biviano (A)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Sullivan (A)
5. Flaherty (B)
6. Murphy (W)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tejeck (B)/ Disano (A)
10. Kitchener (B)/ Westbury (A)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)

A team based on recent form and last years

1. Frear (K)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. Galastras (C)
4. Sullivan (A)
5. Flaherty (B)
6. Murphy (W)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tejeck (B)/
10. Kitchener (B)/ McInerney (K)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Watson (K)

Show and go22

Bob McCowan (2)
Quite like the idea put forward by PickandDrive420 on the CAS thread. Would be good to see this tested in the North v South match up at Cranbrook on 9 June as there don't appear to be any absolute stand outs among the regular ICs from A, B or K. That way both Kitchener (B) and Westbury (A) could be included:
..not sure about the uncertainty at fly half Kitchener will be a sure pick but I feel westbury might be a better option at 12 allowing better ball movement to the likes of Cameron and shariat​
Will be interesting to see how Westbury would go at 12 definetely a talented player but not sure if it defensively strong enough to play 12 and lacks size
I believe if he is picked it will be at 10 and 10 only

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
A team based on recent form and last years

1. Frear (K)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. Galastras (C)
4. Sullivan (A)
5. Flaherty (B)
6. Murphy (W)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tejeck (B)/
10. Kitchener (B)/ McInerney (K)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Watson (K)

Really like the inclusion of Watson, Think he is a great player with a lot of potential. Shariat and Basheer should battle it it for the other wing spot.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Suspect you are right re the CAS team Showandgo, but could work for Nth v Sth. Otherwise, who is the best IC option for Nth?

dootzdistributor

Bob McCowan (2)
Watson is not eligible for a myriad of different reasons. Unlucky Dootz.

It seems as if you have fallen for a major stitch up CAS_RumourMill as the man that was mentioned will not be pulling on the white jersey. Your naivety should be commended however you have fallen to a classic stitch up...

Dootzdistributor out

Hammer ball

Frank Row (1)
Tend to agree that schoolboys like to get up to get up to a few of the old tricks. I have heard however, from non Knox affiliated people that Knox are missing Cameron (13), there seems to be some truth behind these rumours. Knox is also renowned for having early week contact sessions.

Interested to hear thoughts on Aloys #7 (Ramhe?), seems to be a consistent appearance in predicted CAS sides. Haven't seen much of Aloys play but would be interested to hear about him. Waverley have always produced league-born loose players and back rowers that will be in contention as well. Knox's #7 (Adam?)(c) from what I have heard and partly seen of can play a Hooper/Pocock type game, looking for pilfer opportunities and winning turnover ball. Have also heard however that he too, is injured this weekend. Nonetheless interested to hear thoughts on (Ramhe? A).

Predictions:
Trinity too weak for Waverley, although they will have improved from last week. (28-5 W)

UPSET: Aloys back line will have learnt from last weekend and therefore Aloys will comfortably win against Cranbrook (21-7 A) <-- Yes that's an upset.

If the Knox that we've heard so much about can play to their potential, they will have no problems with Barker (29-19 K)

Cracking input sir, schoolboys these days with their bloody technology aren't afraid to get on here and muck around. Back in my day we were outside playin footy

Allow it

Frank Row (1)
That Wilson kid from Knox 16A's should definitely start 1s next year in the cheeky #10 jersey. Woodcock may have to move position possibly to an outside back in order to manage to don the prestigious white jersey for another year, however its the #15 for the 16A's that is currently turning heads especially with his trademark fend off.

Reactions: #14

Allow it

Frank Row (1)
OK just so that I can lay a few groundworks before we go any further.

1. Sean Kennedy (Knox) is playing 16's so he MUST play at hooker in a 16's side.

2. The Knox 16A's are a fantastic side. There is no doubting that. They are currently unbackable in the way they destroyed Cranbrook. They should continue this throughout the season. Sure, their execution isn't there but if everyone takes a chill pill and looks a their game we see that observations such as "they should have won by more" and "they should work on their execution" is exactly the point. This is a year of formation for them. Judge them for this at the end of the season, not the beginning.

3. There is a certain 1st XV player in the 16A's back line that is being wasted there. The weakness on the fringes is fixable if you have genuine passion and ability. Even if it is a last 15 minutes for him, this player NEEDS game time. Particularly as he is incredibly self aware and is working solidly on his defensive play.

4. In saying all of this, the Knox 16A's MUST learn to play simple rugby. The amount of passes that are pushed and the unnecessary moves is contributing to their execution issues. Taking the tackle and building pressure and patience is their big issue!

CAS Rumour Mill will not report on the 16's very often unless there is a major development.

Sean's brother Ronan would do a better job in that 16A's side

Reactions: #14
Status
Not open for further replies.