• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookiebooster

Frank Row (1)
I heard Cameron went on for the first XV. How did he go?
predictions:

Knox vs Waverly- K (if Cameron plays)
Barker vs Aloys- B (tight game)
Trinity vs Cranbrook- C (first win in CAS comp/tight battle for the wooden spoon)

Chop and drop

Frank Row (1)
Knox and Waverly, the two underdefeated sides in CAS will also be tight and will come down the defence of both sides and the attacking play of the backs

Barker and Aloys will definitely be a tight one, interested to see how the back rows and outside backs match up.

Trinity and Cranbrook will be an interesting one with both sides yet to play their best footy

R

Runpasstackle

So it will Come down to Defence and Attack??? i suppose that leaves half time?

mohammed.lee.bp

Frank Row (1)
Knox's weekend lineup:

1.Currey
2.Kennedy
3.Masi
4.Daine
5.Williams
6.Ellis
7.Adams
8.Kinsey
9.Hawtin
10.Mcinery
11.Lee
12.Pan
13.Cameron
14.Shariat
15.Wilson

It has been turbulent times again at knox with star inside centre Ed Curtis out with a knee injury. Luckily pacey B's centre Bill Pan will be stepping up to play as a second 10 this week, much like Kurtley Beale, providing ball playing skills and agility.

DELETED - RUBBISH

On the same note fellow underaged forwards Alastair Currey and Ben Adams have improved their teamwork skills in recent times.

On a good note, colossal prop Tom Masi has apparently earnt the number 3 jersey after a dominant display against Barker last week. The statistics compiled by BangladeshRugbyXV speak for his powerful running.
12 Curtis' injury could very well signal a decline in Knox's dominant results of late. He has absolutely outshined both 10 McInerney and 13 Cameron with his electrifying performances. Hopefully Pan can fill his boots for the week. From what I've seen though, he's mostly pace and will probably struggle against Waverley's physicality.
Knox will, however, rejoice the inclusion of Masi in this side. His agility and accuracy on the boot have been devastating against both Cranbrook and Barker. A welcome replacement for lightweight 3 Frear, who has been consistently outmuscled this season.
All in all, I predict Knox coming out of an extremely fast-paced and close game as winners, by 7 points.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Hammer ball

Frank Row (1)
12 Curtis' injury could very well signal a decline in Knox's dominant results of late. He has absolutely outshined both 10 McInerney and 13 Cameron with his electrifying performances. Hopefully Pan can fill his boots for the week. From what I've seen though, he's mostly pace and will probably struggle against Waverley's physicality.
Knox will, however, rejoice the inclusion of Masi in this side. His agility and accuracy on the boot have been devastating against both Cranbrook and Barker. A welcome replacement for lightweight 3 Frear, who has been consistently outmuscled this season.
All in all, I predict Knox coming out of an extremely fast-paced and close game as winners, by 7 points.

Agreed mate, Frear looking fragile this season. Pan lookking fasst and fit. Masi appparently versatkle enough to cover backline positions as well??? Latest rumours out of the knox camp

mohammed.lee.bp

Frank Row (1)
Agreed mate, Frear looking fragile this season. Pan lookking fasst and fit. Masi appparently versatkle enough to cover backline positions as well??? Latest rumours out of the knox camp
Masi will not be playing in the backline, but will be taking the kicks. Both 15 Shariat and 10 McInerney have been extremely poor off the boot this season.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Take note folks.
OK enough talk about foul play in games or alleged foul play.

There are four areas at least that we should not write about in a schoolboy forum because they incite abuse whether that be direct or sarcastic.

1. Scholarship issues (use only the scholarship thread for this).

2. Fights - and whose fault it was and "I was at the ground and this is what I saw…" comments.

3. Foul play - and whose fault it was and whether or not it was deliberate and whether of not the punishment was condign, or not - and "I was at the ground and this is what I saw…" comments..

4. Criticism of the referees who are trying their best and are mostly good.

And it doesn't matter if you're right

The season is about to start and mods like Cyclopath and myself, but especially Hugh Jarse, the boss of the schools' threads, will just delete such posts in the future and not necessarily with any explanation.

And this will be done if only a part of a post is untoward - we will zap the lot.

People are encouraged to use the Report function if they see transgressions.

Thank you all.

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Some big games this week in the 16's
Trinity V Cranbrook - Probably will decide who will get the wooden spoon honors this year. Both sides none from two and struggling. Cranbrook a much improved side from last year although still a lot to work on if they won't to be competitive in the big games. I can see Cranbrook winning there first game ever! Cranbrook by 3
Knox V Waverley - The match of the round, Always a tough game between these 2 and won't be any different come saturday. Will come down to who what side wants it more on the day. The home ground advantage is all i can see separating them. Knox by 12.
Aloys Vs Barker - Another tight contest. Both these teams are 1 from 2 and looking good. especially Barker with three 16's playing up in opens. It's a toss of a coin but i think the experience of Barker will get them home. Barker by 1

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Waverley will be without Moretti (1sts), but other than that I gather the likes of Murphy and other recent absentees will be back on deck

so should be close game ... and I hear there is some rather large new kid, in Bs, who might be the super-sub

I am tipping Waverley in a tight one

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Waverley will be without Moretti (1sts), but other than that I gather the likes of Murphy and other recent absentees will be back on deck

so should be close game . and I hear there is some rather large new kid, in Bs, who might be the super-sub

I am tipping Waverley in a tight one

Got any team lists SDW?

dootzdistributor

Bob McCowan (2)
This weekends fixture at knox grammar should be an absolute pearler. Both sides with excellent line-ups and both in contention for the chocolates. players to watch: David Zweck, Al Currey, Alex Moore

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
I like reading the missives of the above opinionated tragics. Don't ban them too readily for naming people. Keep them in line, they provide good reading.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Murphy picked in backs ... Slightly unusual spot... However
I think it is a good move and I like the look of the waverley
Backline ... Although they will need to bring their A game as nothing wrong with knox backline

Good to see the shot put champion (Thompson) back from a week off

The kid is a giant

Also Liked that they had some live scrum practice against the 2nd pack,
should set up a Good battle, come scrum time

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
Murphy picked in backs . Slightly unusual spot. However
I think it is a good move and I like the look of the waverley
Backline . Although they will need to bring their A game as nothing wrong with knox backline

Good to see the shot put champion (Thompson) back from a week off

The kid is a giant

Also Liked that they had some live scrum practice against the 2nd pack,
should set up a Good battle, come scrum time
Knox's backs will be too strong. McInerney, Cameron, Watson and Shariat just to name a few. Should win by a couple of tries especially at home.

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
I wouldn't exactly say a week off for Thompson. A week off rugby. He was at a 4-day high performance training camp for his athletics (discus).

Talented kid, and good bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.