• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ch9 RWC coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
We are a very different market. In both South Africa and NZ rugby union is the dominant sport. In Australia it's the third Winter football code.

Yeah, your probably right, the money the Saffer's and NZ's make from FTA (if they have it) is probably the same as what SANZAR makes of of PTV in OZ.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Im fascinated on what Ch Numpties excuse will be when the mungo is allover this weekend and there is still no rugby on. Who am I kidding, this thread seems to be the only discontent in the whole country

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Channel 9 have really shitted me off here, no England V Scotland on saturday live fta, have to wait till 11.50. Cheers faggots.

At least it's on

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Its on at 3pm on GEM in WA at least, then repeated on WIN at 10:30pm.

The Wallabies game is delayed till 5pm on WIN though thanks to the AFL grandfinal shite all day.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
cheers for that link, I checked TV guide which said It wasn't on live, just 11.45pm on 9. Although it did say live on GEM now I check. Pretty sure It's live somewhere anyway.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I swore I wouldn't post in this thread again but I can't help myself. South Africa V Samoa, what a great opportunity for a Friday night game (on delay) to fill the normal league slot. Instead C9 is running that movie blockbuster we have all been waiting for - Charlie and Boots! This follows an hour and a half of 2.5 men repeats. FFS, they are wiping their arse with the RWC broadcasting rights contract.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Th Roar is not mainstream. Its all GF AFL/NRL this weekend. Next weekend will be interesting and show if Ch 9 are wearing the RWC contract as underpants. Its traditionally slow for sport with only Mt Panorama that Ch 7 get hard about. It could be built up all week or we migh tjust hear about the cricket and the Spring Racing carnival instead

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Eng v Scot on GEM at 5pm EST, I repeat, Eng v Scot on GEM at 5pm EST. Dont miss this once only event. Replay from the league mothership later tonight.
Should be a cracker for boring, 10man penaltyathon rugby like only the NH can do best

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
So looking at the loige's mothership page....2 games LIVE sat........one game the Oz one sunday, their blue ribbon slot on sunday evening wont be tainted with rugby, could be on Gem. Thats the NZ game. I ll be finding Foxtel somewhere

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Kimmie Kimmie look at mooi I've got one word for you - advertisements.

Can't do a live rugby game with advertisements anywhere except for during oranges.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Saw media watch, scathing as always...cant get away from one opinion quoted to teh Age..............Nein didnt want anything to detract from the NRL finals, so much so they went all out to buy the rights.....................and not show it. Makes you think what a job Ten would have done who actually had a crack at the bid.
If true...and I wouldnt put anything past Nein.....I cant think of any other rugby playing country this would happen in

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Ten have a channel that used to be devoted to sports. They would have done a far better job. They did alright in '07.

Status
Not open for further replies.