• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ch9 RWC coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Ten have a channel that used to be devoted to sports. They would have done a far better job. They did alright in '07.

Yes, but Packer and Murdoch bought into Ten in order to push channel ONE away from sports, to stop it devaluing their Fox Sports. Unlikely they would have done a good job with the RWC this time around.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Yes, but Packer and Murdoch bought into Ten in order to push channel ONE away from sports, to stop it devaluing their Fox Sports. Unlikely they would have done a good job with the RWC this time around.

the FoxSports theory doesnt really stack up when the main reason is that ONE isnt worth a thing and infact loses money on a regular basis, the entertainment shows they are putting on the channel outrate most of the sports on there.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
as terrible as the coverage has been, i have to at least say I've thoroughly enjoyed justin marshall's commentary. ditto the kiwi commentators for the aus/sa game. prefer it so much more to the boring predictable, biased, hyperbolic commentary of greg martin et al.

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

One of the joys of Rugby World Cups is being exposed to different commentators from around the world.

Although I have struggled to pick up the nuances of the Italian language ones (!) I've really liked listening to ITV, Welsh and Irish broadcasts of the games.

But fuck the nuances, the Italian chick who was compere for the Italia rugby coverage was SENSATIONAL.

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

Just watched the John Holmes stuff. Great section.

God it's good to have Media Watch on Australian tv.

SBS for the next RWC? If only.

(And rugby followers can only dream of eventually having maybe one Super Rugby game on free to air tv per week.)

An extra million dollars, or is it maybe a few hundred thousand, is not worth keeping rugby off free to air tv.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Channel 9 in all it's awesomeness with the worlds best commentators in NZ are flying over Ray Hadley to call Sunday's game with Gregan and Andrew slack.

Great stuff, great stuff indeed

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Just listening to Ray announce this on his show he didn't know what Andrew Slack had accomplished in rugby, thought he was just the Channel 9 sports Brisbane commentator. The game will be on HD (GEM) live.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Just listening to Ray announce this on his show he didn't know what Andrew Slack had accomplished in rugby, thought he was just the Channel 9 sports Brisbane commentator. The game will be on HD (GEM) live.

Oh FCUK just goes to show what a mess Ch9 is making of the telecast. At least the adds will give us a break from the commentary. i bet he has nothing but praise for the game when he gets back (being the avid mingo baller that he is).

Just had a thought are Ch 9 doing this to boost the Foxtel audience

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Channel 9 in all it's awesomeness with the worlds best commentators in NZ are flying over Ray Hadley to call Sunday's game with Gregan and Andrew slack.

Great stuff, great stuff indeed

Ray did some S12/14 games fo the tahs when 2UE lost the league rights. I thought he was terrible and was not so subtely criticisng the game throughout. I would prefer C9 continue with their practice of using the kiwi feed.

P

pete88

Knew I shouldn't have come in to this thread. Just fucking thinking about Channel 9 makes me rage. Now I'm going to have to listen to Channel 9 commentators as well? *facedesk*

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ray did some S12/14 games fo the tahs when 2UE lost the league rights. I thought he was terrible and was not so subtely criticisng the game throughout. I would prefer C9 continue with their practice of using the kiwi feed.

Thanks for the warning. It's down the pub for both games then

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Ray Fucking Hadley? GTFO! What a parody, wait for more announcements for the co callers, Rabs Warren Gus Gould. Mungotastic

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Why would they not just stick with the NZ feed or the fox sports commentary as they've done throughout the cup.

Gregan is about as animated as a blade of grass.

Andrew Slack needs to sit up straight.

I don't know Ray Hadley but i'll take the word of everyone who has commented on him.

Would prefer if they had benny robinson and Samwise Freier doing it.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Why would they not just stick with the NZ feed or the fox sports commentary as they've done throughout the cup.

Gregan is about as animated as a blade of grass.

Andrew Slack needs to sit up straight.

I don't know Ray Hadley but i'll take the word of everyone who has commented on him.

Would prefer if they had benny robinson and Samwise Freier doing it.

One eyed mungo, works for 2GB as a shockjock, right winged nutjob. His disdain for rugby is well known

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Oh c'mon! Aus media is fantastic, from our FTA(FckinTwistedAirheads) to our print media (haaahaaahaa) I think we have most unbiased (Foxsports) well intentioned (Ch9) insightful (GG SMH) widespread (????) coverage you could ever hope for!

Wonder why I spend my time on GnGR????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.