• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Rebels RD 7

Should Cooper Vuna have been sent home as well???

• Yes

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Vuna has a bruised jaw, which will shortly be complimented by a haematoma to his buttocks (size 9).

Beale will likewise have localised subcutaneous bleeding in the gluteous maximus region, and a probable dollarectomy from his hip pocket.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
The Rebels have not done themselves any favours with previous lax reactions to Beale, and I have the feeling that their season needs real leadership to stop them unravelling

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
AKA Bali Belly?
I'd say he is Heartbroken with out KB (Kurtley Beale) on tour anymore to hold his hand.

images

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
An epic for the ages, sure to secure Hill's job for the next five years.

By which I mean they're going to get absolutey rolled. Cheetahs 58 Rebels 12.

I hope your score line is a bit wrong, hopefully all the media attention off them and on the two clowns sent home helps them get on with the job at hand. I doubt Hill will go with the same line up across the back line and we see a more regular Rebels line up that can at least win 1 half of Rugby.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Amazing how internal strife can motivate a team.

Cheetahs will be VERY tired after the 5 weeks away from home. Just shows how bad the schedule can be when they could easily schedule bye's after a tour.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
agree. logical thing to schedule a week off after a tour.
1 Henderson
2 Robinson
3 Weekes
4 Pyle
5 Jones
6 HIggers
7 Scotty
8 Delve
9 Zack (in light of phipps' comments and his poor play)
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
11 Kingi
12 Mitchell
13 Inman
14 Woodward
15 Roberts
completely falls apart after Inman with two unproven players. then again it probably copmletely falls apart after the number 1 given last weeks performance.

they typically don't get flogged two weeks in a row and players will know that jobs are on the line (hill's and theirs). i am overly optimistic and will predict a win.

Vuna would be a massive help........

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Not sure any are worth dropping him over?

''Now that it's all done and dusted … I can definitely say that I wasn't pricing myself out of the market,'' Phipps said.

''It's professional rugby, that's the decision people have to make and it's just happened this way. It's water under the bridge.

''I guess you can only make your decisions with the information you've got in front of you.

''Obviously, at the beginning I definitely wanted to stay and I made that my absolute main goal, but as things started to break down I got an opportunity from the Waratahs … I couldn't be happier with the decision, and now it's all about the team for the rest of the year.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/phipps-didnt-want-too-much-20130323-2gmbm.html#ixzz2OcqUlVZB

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
i thought the 'joking that the club must have worked quickly...' was a bit of a shot.
i have a verry hard time believing that the club let phipps go for no reason but burgess......he had to have priced himself out.

then again, maybe they wanted to get strzacker mentored by a more experienced and better back with the goal being to have him make the transition to starter.......so maybe i have less a hard time believing the above...

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
The Rebels are at $7 for the win!

Will they be fired up enough after last week hiding to come out firing?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Force put in a respectable performance after their horrid loss to the Kings the following week in SA. Not sure the Rebels can replicate that, there were just way too many problems. The Cheetahs backrow (form backrow of the comp) will be all over the Rebels.

Status
Not open for further replies.