• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Rebels RD 7

Should Cooper Vuna have been sent home as well???

• Yes

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
No-one seems to be making much of big deal of the move of Gus Roberts to 10 and JOC (James O'Connor) to 15.

Its the right play in my mind, but a very interesting move indeed.
It's where they lined up last week, just got forgotten in the mayhem. I really don't like JOC (James O'Connor) at 15 or flyhalf. Would much rather see him in the centres or on the wing.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
It's where they lined up last week, just got forgotten in the mayhem. I really don't like JOC (James O'Connor) at 15 or flyhalf. Would much rather see him in the centres or on the wing.
Can anyone tell me a game to watch where JOC (James O'Connor) played well at 12? I honestly can't remember ever seeing him impress at 12 and would happily sit there and be proven wrong.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Can anyone tell me a game to watch where JOC (James O'Connor) played well at 12? I honestly can't remember ever seeing him impress at 12 and would happily sit there and be proven wrong.
Have a look at his early games for the Force if you can. They were good enough to get him picked for the Wallabies as a kid who'd barely turned 18.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So 4 years ago he played well at 12 with arguably the 2nd best 10 in the world at the time putting him into the gaps. He did not have anywhere near that kind of form at 12 last season. He moved to 10 for the Force as soon as Giteau left, watching a lot of the video's I have to say his best when he is out wide even when wearing 10/12/15 jersey. Really do think his best position is on the wing as he creates more opportunities out wide.

Other note, only reason JOC (James O'Connor) played for the Wallabies at such a young age was so NZ and especially SA couldn't try to pinch him.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
I've bashed on about this through various threads for a few years, JOC (James O'Connor) should be on the wing.

Beale to date, has been out best fly-half option. Regardless, I want him gone. If that's the price we have to pay to keep some resemblance of a culture in place, so be it.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Other note, only reason JOC (James O'Connor) played for the Wallabies at such a young age was so NZ and especially SA couldn't try to pinch him.

James O'Connor represented Australia in the 7s in 2008 before being capped as a Wallaby. Pretty sure playing for the Wallabies was not necessary to keep him tied to Australia. He played for the Wallabies at a young age because he was highly talented and we were lacking quality outside backs.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Better from the Rebels, if they can get a halftime lead they're right in this as the Cheetahs should fade in second half much like the Brumbies did.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Cheeters were supposed to fade in the second half of all their games on tour. Never really happened. Bit of a surprise package this year to an extent.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
If anyone still thinks Phipps is a better player than Stirzaker after this particular effort they need their head checked. Rebels look better than last week, Reid and PAE have made a difference. This is the level of basic competence that is reasonable to expect

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He obviously understood English OK as the questions were in English. Just answered in Saffer.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
che-reb.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wasn't really a hit, head clash

Sorry to say but Delve has been crap this year. Jones to 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.