• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Reds 5.05pm Friday 12/05 - New Plymouth

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
If reds had lost i probably would have been on here bemoaning the referee's performance. He was largely fine but he definitely missed 3 or 4 crucial calls which should have gone in favour of the reds including a rather cynical early tackle on a runaway mcreight and a clear scrum penalty for the reds, both of which were called out by the commentators. I certainly wouldnt say they got the rub of the green so they thoroughly deserved the victory

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
A gust of wind blew the ball off the tee. What would have you done in that situation?
There was no bloody gust of wind! I was at game and it was absolutely still! It was just not settled properly on tee, a little mistake he won't make again.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There was no bloody gust of wind! I was at game and it was absolutely still! It was just not settled properly on tee, a little mistake he won't make again.

Did anyone check the grassy knoll? If you watch the replay it was interesting to see the ball fall back and across. Back and across. Back……and across.

IMG_3301.jpeg

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Did anyone check the grassy knoll? If you watch the replay it was interesting to see the ball fall back and across. Back and across. Back……and across.

View attachment 15990
I'm pretty sure I saw someone who looked an awful lot like Dan filing down one side of the tee in the background of the broadcast, he knew the Chiefs didn't have a hope in hell against the Reds so went in for a bit of sabotage. No wonder he keeps trying to blame it on Creighton.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'm pretty sure I saw someone who looked an awful lot like Dan filing down one side of the tee in the background of the broadcast, he knew the Chiefs didn't have a hope in hell against the Reds so went in for a bit of sabotage. No wonder he keeps trying to blame it on Creighton.
Bugger I thought I was disguised enough to, and at speed I move you must of replayed it slowed down huh???

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Good run down of the match tactics here:

One line in particular caught my eye:
....a frankly astonishing 47 minutes of ball in play time.
Surely that can't be right can it? I don't remember ever seeing a ball in play stat that high.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Particularly with so much kicking. But I guess it was tactical kicking and not so much to touch?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Particularly with so much kicking. But I guess it was tactical kicking and not so much to touch?
Yeah, I'm guessing the new laws have really helped minimise the impact of the stoppages there too.

I think it also goes to show how much our discipline has impacted our fitness this year - go through a game only conceding 6 penalties and no cards and all of a sudden our fitness holds up beyond the 80.