• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Wales, 14th June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McNicholl adds to the embarrassment, 40-7 & surely this is Wakes' worst-ever defeat other than in a Test?

I'm fairly certain it's not [being broadcast in Straya]

Wales should win this rather handily, I think.

image.jpeg

Wrong on both counts & don't mind it one bit :)

EDIT: I'm in good company, PlanetRugby's match preview had "Wales to win by more than 10"

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Having done a search of the Foxtel TV guide I've found that there s a replay on FS3, 15th Jun., 08.30 am

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The first test of the tour is the traditional high point for NH teams touring NZ. I expect this tour to follow the script.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Think Schmidt is now in the box seat for Lions coaching duties, with Gatland's horrible results and Jones "opting out". Would likely mean partnering up with old buddy Cotter and bringing along Andy Farrell.

G

galumay

What a magnificent game from the Chiefs! Must be the biggest upset in world rugby since Munster rolled the AB's. Helluva lot of fun to watch, well unless you are a leek sucking welshman!

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
What a magnificent game from the Chiefs! Must be the biggest upset in world rugby since Munster rolled the AB's. Helluva lot of fun to watch, well unless you are a leek sucking welshman!

Llanelli (I dare you to pronounce it correctly) beat the ABs in 1972

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ yes but they were the fourth Welsh club to do so after Swansea, Newport & Cardiff (not necessarily in that order) plus of course Wales won three of the first four Tests between the two whereas no Irish team, national or provincial, had previously beaten NZ (& Munster remain the only one to have done so (unless you include the U20's)).

My recollection is that it was almost expected that we'd lose to either Wales or one've their Clubs in '72/3 but no one saw the loss to Munster coming. On that basis I'd still rate Munster's effort ahead of Llanelli's & probably just behind Sydney's 40-17 demolition job in '92.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^So, in effect, you're excusing the fact that the ABs lost to a provincial team.

Status
Not open for further replies.