• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs vs Reds R9 Sat Apr 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Simmons should of got the MOM. Good performance and the heat he put on the Chiefs lineout was immense.

For the stick it up 'em value I am still happy with Quade though.

Davies also gets an honorable mention for making his critics eat their own bull.
I would think Davies' critics have some grounds for what has been said about him. His speed and finishing are in no doubt, but he has hardly been the complete package consistently. This was his best game for the past 2 seasons. Good on him. I hope he builds on it.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Will Genia take a bow.

The Wallabies are a red hot chance of beating the Lions with a form Genia playing.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
JOC (James O'Connor) has had plenty of good games for the Rebels at 10, and even a couple in gold.

I made a simple comment about Cooper, had nothing to do with JOC (James O'Connor), Kurtley, Robbie or Henry Parkes, the Father of Federation.
cooper has only played at 10 for the wallabies once, i think
But who is Robbie Parkes and what position does he play?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Glade the reds had a 20point buffer. Could have been another close game...
I think all Red players tonight played fantastic, just a few little team mistake and handling errors.
The Reds tonight all backed each other, we might not have the flair as we did in 2011 but the teams defence and play around the Ruck is brilliant.
Work on a few thing through the week and next at the home game is going to be a cracker.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Quade had a good night. The stats easily show this. There are plenty of stats that you can use to demonstrate this point but the key stay is the Qwerty Comment-o-meter. The hardest Quade marker of all time had nothing on him tonight! ;-)

Go you REDS!!!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Very good Reds performance. The Chiefs must have made more errors in that game than the rest of their season combined, their decision making at times was appalling, butchering several attacking chances in each half, although more than a bit of that was down to defensive pressure from the Reds. The Chiefs had enough ball and field position to win twice over, but the Reds wouldn't have any of it. The Reds stuck to their plan well, and it was pretty no-nonsense with highly effective breakdown work and a good field position kicking game from Genia and Cooper. They seized their chances well.
Cooper was pretty good, few errors, but mostly solid and did much of what he had to do very well. As good a MOM as anyone, I guess, although he didn't stand out - they all played pretty well.

I was also thinking that the difference was the crucial errors that the chiefs made but then I remembered the reds butchered a try in the first half, and should have had another in the second.

In reality though, not much between the teams.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I would think Davies' critics have some grounds for what has been said about him. His speed and finishing are in no doubt, but he has hardly been the complete package consistently. This was his best game for the past 2 seasons. Good on him. I hope he builds on it.
I thought he was very poor defensively. Both his tries would of been scored by any good winger, he hasn't proven anything to be considered above Ioane, Shipperely or F'Sautia when all are fit.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Missed kick out on one penalty and knocked on twice early. If he cuts out those simple mistakes he will be clearly the best 10 in oz.

Struggle to see how you can blame a knock on Cooper when the ball was passed to his boot laces though????

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thought tonight was a cracker of a performance from the Reds - tonight showed that they're top title contenders, bring on the brumbies next week!!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Struggle to see how you can blame a knock on Cooper when the ball was passed to his boot laces though????

True, it was a poor pass. The other he spilled was a poor carry.

The most encouraging thing about his game tonight was that he took on the line more and took it into contact well.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Reds to sneak it on the back of relative set piece dominance and Genia completely outclassing his opposite. 27-24 Reds.

Yeah I probably should have gambled this weekend.

Ruggo

Davies did pretty much exactly what all his 'critics' said he would. He was very, very fast and made some stupid defensive errors. It was his best game since 2011 but he's still the same Rocket Rod.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Great win for the reds. I'm still smiling 6 hours later.

Quades first 5 or so touches were horrible, but the team stuck to the game plan and kept giving him chances and he repaid the favour later in the game.

Good on McKenzie for saying what he has. IMHO If you pick Cooper for Australia you have to go the whole hog and pick a defensive fullback. I reckon it's worth doing, deans obviously disagrees.

Horwill was immense. Hanson also staking a claim for the Wallaby 23. The backrow tackled everything that moved and at least one of them was at every breakdown, incredible workload.

Next week is one of the most important games of super rugby in a while. Link v White, Quade and Tapuai v To'omua and Lilo, Smith v Gill, Ioane v Tomane. Huge match-ups all over the park.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Very impressed with Cooper, sure some flubs earlier on, but he didn't overplay and he started to play himself at crucial times.

Magic try vs Cruden and exactly what I meant else where about setting a pattern then breaking it. I am not going all Quade is Wallabies 10 yet, though I hope to be, as Chiefs play a game that suits him and without watching it again I am not sure how much pressure he was copping. He is definitely playing an improved style of game, one that will limit how much pressure is put on him and by him on his team.

Simmons, Lance and Davies had good games I thought, better than I expected. Really enjoyed seeing an after burner winger in flight and I hope Rocket takes a lot of confidence from it as I felt he copped a lot of unfair criticism in his Wallabies debut vs Samoa.

Whole team fired, magic game and after a crud 2012 sure is nice to see us having some teams do so well. Sadly my team isn't one of them but hey, maybe Aussie rugby isn't quite as dire as some would have us believe.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Personally, I thought QC (Quade Cooper) had pretty good game, not great, but pretty bloody good, and by geez it must be sweet to be a 10 outside Genia who is just right on top of his game. Very very impressed with Reds loose forward trio, they work well together more than individually, one of reasons I have said all season let Samo go, I don't think he adds anything to team. Chiefs have some bloody good players, but as a kiwi I have got a little worried that none of our teams are looking after the ball this year, turnovers galore!! All in all imagine the Reds are feeling (rightfully) real content today.

Status
Not open for further replies.