• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cipriani

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saulih

I hope for his sake Bruce that you are very wrong, although that is the road more travelled.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Bruce, yes I agree with that and especially with the FFBF part. We have more than a few of those people in society. Good luck to them if they can get away with it, but it does seem a real waste of talent in Danny's case. I actually really rate the bloke as a footballer and thought that some time spent with Morts, Yoda, Delve and MacQueen would straighten him out, as they all set the right example. It's a pity for the young man, but he still has the opportunity to salvage something out of his career, either here in Australia or back in the UK.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Their debut single, "Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum)" sold over 1.2 million copies worldwide and was voted the worst pop record of all time in a Channel 4 poll in 2004.

Thanks for that, Bruce. Those Channel 4 viewers know their stuff.

[video=youtube;i7AFZXgjrgg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7AFZXgjrgg[/video]

Can we start calling Danny "Cheeky Boy"?

SNN0303HH_280_383388a.jpg

I'm starting to get the impression that The Cheeky Boy may not be burdened with much grey matter.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
News from Melbourne this weekend. Danny can't decide whether he likes tits or legs, so gets one of each.

article-0-0C32A25F00000578-302_468x444.jpg

Do any of our Melbourne correspondents know anything about the nightclub called 'Pretty Please'?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why am I not surprised to see that he frequents the nightclubs on Chapel St and St Kilda?

Nobody north of the Yarra would recognise him.

D

daz

Well, he can't go to many places on King St anymore since they have no booze for him to pilfer.....

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, he'll fit right in with that part of town with all the other rich plastic yuppy scum, and UK/European backpackers.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
News from Melbourne this weekend. Danny can't decide whether he likes tits or legs, so gets one of each.
Do any of our Melbourne correspondents know anything about the nightclub called 'Pretty Please'?

Its only a couple of doors down from me... A demons AFL player got busted urinating at the bar there 2 weeks ago so it's that kinda place....

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Well, he'll fit right in with that part of town with all the other rich plastic yuppy scum, and UK/European backpackers.

I'm going to call bullshit on that one. St Kilda is probably the most diverse place in Australia definately in Victoria. It has a ton of public housing - not to mention the half-way houses (that photo was taken across the road from the Gatwick on Fitzroy Steet - google it) and missions...

D

daz

I'm with you Epi. I lived in Melbourne for 7 years and Ackland street St Kilda was one of my favourite places to hang out.

Markets nearly every weekend. Cake shops and cafes. Food from just about every region of the world...Mmmmm. Very artsy and bohemian in places, and frankly, places like that are what every city needs.

Now, night time. Ok, that is a different kettle of fish. Even though it has been cleaned up a bit, the "real" St Kilda comes out at night. Street girls, junkies, and a shit load of support missions.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Too right Daz!

Wow - way to diss my hood!

And as far as night life goes it's pretty diverse also...

For live bands theirs the Espy (see Rockwiz) and the band room at the prince, theres a pretty big gay community - thats where the pride march is held. There are backpackers at the Elephant and there are jazz clubs etc and good restaurants.....

D

daz

Too right Daz!

Wow - way to diss my hood!

Don't feel bad Epi. I lived in Werribee. Diss that hood as much as you want....

I used to lay awake at night in my little Werribee house, listening to gunfire and spousal abuse in Hoppers Crossing, dreaming I lived in a public housing block in St Kilda.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm going to call bullshit on that one. St Kilda is probably the most diverse place in Australia definately in Victoria. It has a ton of public housing - not to mention the half-way houses (that photo was taken across the road from the Gatwick on Fitzroy Steet - google it) and missions...

The most diverse in Australia?

Not a chance... it wouldn't even be the most diverse place in Melbourne...

It still has the hookers and the junkies, but the place has gone through a fair gentrification over the past 20 years...

St Kilda in particular is mostly overpriced, and full of yuppies and backpackers...

Personally, it's only good for the Jewish bakeries...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm with you Epi. I lived in Melbourne for 7 years and Ackland street St Kilda was one of my favourite places to hang out.

Markets nearly every weekend. Cake shops and cafes. Food from just about every region of the world...Mmmmm. Very artsy and bohemian in places, and frankly, places like that are what every city needs.

Maybe the St Kilda of a bygone age... but if you're looking for those things you wouldn't go past Fitzroy (although the Chapel st crowd are slowly moving their way up to Brunswick St), Brunswick, Northcote etc.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Oh, and the Espy sucks...

I'm repeating myself here but it's an overpriced tourist trap these days...

D

daz

Oh, and the Espy sucks...

I'm repeating myself here but it's an overpriced tourist trap these days...

Yep. The Espy in the 80's and 90's was THE place to be. Wouldn't piss on it now. (AFL players and Euro Trash do that for me)....

D

daz

Maybe the St Kilda of a bygone age... but if you're looking for those things you wouldn't go past Fitzroy (although the Chapel st crowd are slowly moving their way up to Brunswick St), Brunswick, Northcote etc.

I dunno. Ackland st still does it for me. But then again, so does Lygon st and Southbank.

When I first started out as a young 'un I was a frequent visitor to Broadmeadows, which probably tells you I had nowhere to go but up.

Ah, the good old days at the Broady Tavern. Blood on the walls and bullet holes in the roof.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
I won't bump into you there then. Its one of the few pubs in the country which still get great international acts. Acland street still has its cake shops - yeah there's gentrification but there is in Redfern too... It hasnt changed too much - a guy got his head blown off 50 meters from my back fence the other night.. bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.