• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Craft beer thread

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I have been fairly critical of the big Brewers "craft" offerings. But credit where it's due, the James Squire Hop Thief American Pale Ale #7 deserves some credit.

They've dry hopped it with Mosaic and Galaxy hops. On a hot day the fruit from the Galaxy hops is spot on.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone tried 'Pirate Life' range of beers from South Australia? They have a mid, pale ale and IIPA, all come in cans.

The pale ale is a perfect summer beer, very easy drinking, although I would stay clear of the mid, it tastes a bit too watered down. I believe they have also just made a collaboration beer with The Hilltop Hoods, if you're into that kind of thing.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
a collaboration beer with The Hilltop Hoods

Intriguing. Whilst I'm probably not in the typical demographic for the Hilltop Hoods, I actually don't mind the (admittedly) little I have heard. I blame this on 2KY's limited exposure of music on Saturday afternoons.

But this collaboration thing is something I think we need to see more of. I'm looking forward to seeing a collaboration between Monteiths DoppelBock and Paul Thorn. I suspect I may be waiting a while but it'll be worth the wait.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Intriguing. Whilst I'm probably not in the typical demographic for the Hilltop Hoods, I actually don't mind the (admittedly) little I have heard. I blame this on 2KY's limited exposure of music on Saturday afternoons.

Do you suffer from nosebleeds?