• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WI 250 all out so NZ win by 143 but some of those bowling figures are a real worry with Sethfricka up next, even Vettori went for near enough 9 an over & Southee had another poor day at the office.

What an innings by Guptill, tho: I was at work so had to follow proceeding via stuff.co.nz's live blog, the blogger obviously ain't much of a cricket buff but even so fuck all work got done during the last 6 overs of the NZ dig................

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nek week I wanna see more of this

image.jpg

& not so much of this

image.jpg

Interestingly & forebodingly NZ have now made 6 CWC semis but 0 Finals & our only ICC trophy remains the one Twose & Cairns won us yonks ago..................

ANZAC solidarity demands that every true blue dinky di Aussie gets behind NZ (if only 'cos you know you'd rather play us than Sethfricka in the GF (but wouldn't losing a GF to little old NZ be more embarrassing than losing to the almighty Sethfrickens? Such is your dilemma. Choose wisely)).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ A mate of mine has a full warehouse of these. He ordered up big before RWC11 and wasn't able to sell too many then.

the_allblack_choker.jpg

He is hoping to be able to move most of them in the next couple of weeks because he can't see much demand for them later in the year.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ nice try but yeah, nah you'll need to do better than drag out the kiwi chokers dead horse for yet another flogging...........

Sethfricka will surely start as favs & rightly so: they've won their last 5 v NZ incl 2 comprehensive wins in Mount Maunganui a coupla months back. Win or lose I reckon NZ have exceeded what most people (other than themselves, clearly) thought they were capable of.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Sethfricka will surely start as favs & rightly so: they've won their last 5 v NZ incl 2 comprehensive wins in Mount Maunganui a coupla months back. Win or lose I reckon NZ have exceeded what most people (other than themselves, clearly) thought they were capable of.

That's laughable.

Home semi-finalist, favourable conditions and the undefeated form side in the tournament against a side that has already lost two and has proven to be extremely vulnerable chasing runs/never made it past the SF either. Not to mention the flogging you blokes gave them in the trial a week before the cup began.

Kiwi's should be strong favourites. Nice try to claim underdog status but it ain't gonna happen.

(I'll be cheering for NZ purely because I like our chances against them at the MCG and we need a chance for redemption after what went down earlier in the competition.)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Have a feeling the loss of Milne will hurt the Kiwi's. Any bowler who notches over 150km/h is a rare find and very useful first change.

Rumours circulating he will be replaced by a non-squad member.

Both teams are exceptional in the field and the batting line ups are pretty even. I'd slightly favour the kiwi bowling attack as they Proteas are really missing a genuine 5th bowling option.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Have a feeling the loss of Milne will hurt the Kiwi's. Any bowler who notches over 150km/h is a rare find and very useful first change.

Rumours circulating he will be replaced by a non-squad member.

Both teams are exceptional in the field and the batting line ups are pretty even. I'd slightly favour the kiwi bowling attack as they Proteas are really missing a genuine 5th bowling option.

Matt Henry has joined the squad:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...nry-gets-icc-approval-to-join-world-cup-squad

Has 8 ODI caps & iirc is pretty quick: not as quick as Milne but up there with Boult & a few k quicker than Southee or Mills. I'd expect McClenaghan to play, be a bit of a kick in the guts for he & Mills if Henry goes straight from Canterbury's most recent Plunket Shield match to starting a CWC semi.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
We'll be fine pressure-wise. Our first knockout match victory ever in World Cups came vs Sri Lanka.

But form-wise, it's pretty close to call. NZ have the slight edge because of home field advantage I think - but maybe the pressure will get to them too, so it works both ways. Especially since they've never won or tied a semi final - at least we've tied one.

Yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't count for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.