• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Rebels Friday 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
mr%2Bburns.gif

As I'm now at home and can't celebrate in style like Oztimmay I'll be doling out the "likes" to anyone and everyone. Get on board champs!

M

Moono75

On second thoughts the worst thing about this isn't that Greg Fucking Martin predicted it, but that whereas we did pretty much everything I expected us to, we were so slow & laboured in doing it, and even then managed to fuck it up more often than not, even allowing for the fact that by virtue of being so slow & laboured we handed the Rebels strongest player group (loosies & halfback) any advantage we might have gained through our strongest player group (tight 5).

And I think it bears repeating that when 10 points down with 10 to go & you get a penalty dead in front, you TAKE THE FUCKING THREE & get back down there: then, and only then, do you tap & go or drill it into the corner for the lineout drive (assuming, of course, your hooker doesn't completely fuck up the throw) to tie it up.

Having ranted all of the above, there's no denying that the Rebels fully deserved their win. They are now officially my favourite Aussie team, poor bastards.

Its a World Cup year. We know NZ teams rest talent for the greater AB glory.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Good win Rebels. Nice basic rugby played well and you cut off their opportunities. Really well played. You also have done a good job of squeezing your best onto the park and it looks to have worked. Loved the look of Tamani.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
And what about Lopeti Timani? Could he take the big jump and get a chance with the golden jersey?

The crisis in the Wallaby second row is worrying, we haven't a couple who are untouchable, any lock with a good Super Rugby season should be called for an opportunity

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
And what about Lopeti Timani? Could he take the big plunge and get a chance with the golden jersey?

The crisis in the Wallaby second row is worrying, we haven't a couple who are untouchable, any lock with a good Super Rugby season should be called for an opportunity
He was great last night but I'd say no. The converted backrower works at Super Rugby level but struggles at test level. Same reason Fardy has never been seriously considered as a test lock.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Higgers and Stirzaker cited. We know what Nic did but what did Higgers do? Nothing for McMahon

"Player: Scott Higginbotham
Team: Rebels
Position: No. 8
Date of Incident: 13 February 2015
Nature of Offence: 10.4 (b) Stamping or trampling. A player must not stamp or trampled an opponent.
Elapsed time in match when incident occurred: 50th minute"

Can't say I recall anything but no doubt there'll be some video in due course. Glad McMahon got off, what he did was technically a lifting tackle but only just. Could have just been penalised & warned IMO.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
WOB, did I not warn you the Saders looked a bit shakey, still too late to join me at Canes now mate!!:p

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
He was great last night but I'd say no. The converted backrower works at Super Rugby level but struggles at test level. Same reason Fardy has never been seriously considered as a test lock.

Timani is built like a lock. He looks like the sort of player we should be locking in for the medium-term. However, I suspect that he will follow his big bro's lead and piss off when the money is good enough.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ as I think I've said before, it's not about who won in week 1 as much as who's still there in weeks 19+ :)

Haven't seen it but your Horrorcanes must've gone OK? Lions in Jo'burg aren't generally that easy.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
just seen the game and gone through the above posts

great win boys. LOTS to work on, so thats good

bring on the TAHS

Status
Not open for further replies.