• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds Prelim 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Geez don't get upset Scotty, I didn't say Gill was bad, just Todd outplayed him, and could of been because Reds fatties were so poor!!!

I just thought Gill was one of the Reds best. Won turnovers, made accurate and effective tackles and was the only won that went close to scoring (some would argue did score).

Saying 'Todd showed him how to play 7' normally indicates that the other player was dominated - I don't think that was the case at all.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep fair enough Scotty, that may of seemed a tough statement, but I actually a Gill fan, but was trying to make point how well I thought Todd went.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Well, 3 in the past 8 weeks, including 2 in the last 2 weeks in Super Rugby, plus the Lions match, plus players in Test squad. Does the lack of game time make them fresher, or less match-fit? Who knows, but I suspect the answer depends on how well they played, retrospectively! ;)

My stats. came from Andrew Slack in today's Brisbane Sunday Mail.

Cyclo, my point was from a 'combinations' perspective, more than freshness or match-fitness.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
My stats. came from Andrew Slack in today's Brisbane Sunday Mail.

Cyclo, my point was from a 'combinations' perspective, more than freshness or match-fitness.
I was just messing with you, mate! Combinations were shot, especially in defence.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cyclo, you more than anyone should know not to "mess with" a 65 year-old with an implanted heart pacemaker!!!!!!!!!
Remind me to move you to the high dependency part of the forum! ;)
I will make a note not to mess with your technology again.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Gill was definitely not outplayed by anyone in red and black. He had no support but was still classier than Todd.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The ignore function on Xenforo forums can be accessed by simple clicking on the users name and clicking ignore in the resulting popup.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I saw that, looked very bad. I initially thought it was Slipper but saw him in a later phase and couldn't work out who it was. Whoever it was got hit hard, and late. Looked completely out of it.

Saia Fainga'a. I though Flynn was lucky not to be pulled up for dangerous play on a couple of hits into rucks.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Bugger the stamping, I'm more concerned about players who fly into the ruck, get airborne and then hit a player in the ruck. From memory Saia got utterly destroyed around the 73rd minute due to a rocket being launched 5 metres away. That's more dangerous in my eyes than the ruckus that can and does go on from a boot.

Isn't this in fact tackling a player without the ball. It goes on in all the games now, and is potentially dangerous.
Why refs let it happen, and not try to stamp it out, I don't know.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
And why couldn't the Reds get combinations going?
Probably because they had a four week lull before playing the Waratahs, where both sides were woeful. No match practice!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well it's harder to judge, a lot of players have different roles and execute different skills. Gill's game was great.
Well, Zander I do agree, but you said that noone in Crusaders was better than Gill, mate I thought Todd was, as I said probably because his fatties were winning the collisions, and I would definitely say that the likes of Read and Sam Whitelock etc were! But to be fair it is only my opinion which is probably not worth all that much:(

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was very disappointed in the big 3 - Genia, Cooper and Horwill/ The first and last are supposed to be worlds' best at their positions - certainly did not show it last night.

A bit tough on Horwill, while I agree that Genia is certainly best in world in his position, I think a man would have to have on pretty rose tinted glasses to consider Horwill best in the world, he's bloody good ,but there are some pretty good locks playing out there!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
For me, the Reds haven't looked convincing all season while the Crusaders have looked damn-near untouchable in a couple of outings.

It just seemed to me that it would have taken the Reds playing their best game of the year and the Crusaders playing pretty average for the Reds to steal it.

Status
Not open for further replies.